Compasslabs

Very Difficult Interview

Ad Operations Interview

Ad Operations
San Jose, CA

I applied through other source and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Compasslabs in May 2012.

Interview Details – had two people interview me
first guy was relaxed, but asked technical advertising terms & formulas that I never properly learned (like difference between CPC and CTR). I definitely got destroyed on that part.
the second guy came in and asked me typical corporation trick questions (i.e. if you have two sand hourglasses, one being 4 minutes, and the other being 7 minutes, how would you make exactly 9 minutes?)
both were really friendly guys with extensive badass resume backgrounds though, I just didn't do my homework and prepared hard enough

Interview Question – tell me about a time where you failed, and how you overcame that challenge   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Analyst
San Jose, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Compasslabs in December 2011.

Interview Details – very bad environment, people are not friendly

Interview Question – They gave out problems and want you to solve. Mainly about advertizing   Answer Question

Worked for Compasslabs? Contribute to the Community!