Compete, Inc

Relevance Date Difficulty

Sales Director, Financial Services Practice Interview

Sales Director, Financial Services Practice
Boston, MA

I applied online - interviewed at Compete, Inc in March 2010.

Interview Details – one phone interview, one face to face meeting and then a series of meetings. Questions were challenging and employees were passionate about Compete and its business model. Got the job but regretted it later.

Interview Question – What impact will social media have on the dissemination of information?   Answer Question

Client Services Analyst Interview

Client Services Analyst
Boston, MA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Compete, Inc in April 2011.

Interview Details – There is an analyst task that is done pre-interview to see how comfortable you are with data manipulation. Then you will have a phone screen with the hiring coordinator to see how good of a fit you are for the company. Your performance task is graded by another analyst or manager. You will then be brought in to interview with analysts, managers, and/or directors of the team you'll work on. Usually over 1-2 days.

Interview Question – None. The questions asked were pretty standard interview fare.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I didn't negotiate. The starting salary for analysts is generally pretty well set with minimal leeway room.

Intern Interview

Intern
Boston, MA

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Compete, Inc in November 2011.

Interview Details – I applied through my university/college. Received an email for a phone interview. The phone interview was conducted by the current intern and was for the purpose of discussing my resume, academics and prior work experience.A few days after the phone interview I received an email with a skills test attached that had to be completed and submitted within 2 days. A few days after submitting the skills test I received an email saying that I had been chosen for an in-person interview at the Boston office. During the in-person interview I met with about 4 different people. Questions were related to what I knew about Compete, what I did in my prior internships and how I handled certain situations in the work place. Overall, it was a positive experience.

Interview Question – How did you come to selecting your major/area of study and why?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview

Anonymous
Boston, MA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Compete, Inc in August 2011.

Interview Details – The recruiter and the manager were really great about staying in contact with me throughout the process. They were very thourough-- I interviewed with 5-6 team members following a phone interview.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – I was very pleased with this part of the process. The recruiter answered all of my questions and came in at a salary that exceeded my expectations.

Marketing Interview

Marketing
Boston, MA

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Compete, Inc in January 2012.

Interview Details – The recruiter was very nice and friendly and saw how my background and experience fits into the role they were looking for. She wanted to schedule a 2nd call with the manager, but it took like 10 days. When I finally interviewed with the manager, it sounded like he had a different set of criteria's in mind, and was asking very technical questions for a non technical role.

Interview Question – What can you tell mw about how Compete runs?   View Answer

Client Service Senior Associate Interview

Client Service Senior Associate
Boston, MA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Compete, Inc in July 2009.

Interview Details – I had an initial phone screen where we discussed my background and fit for the role. I was then invited to take a quant-related quiz and create a presentation with the results of my data analysis.

They liked my presentation enough to ask me to the next round, of presenting to the whole team, in person.

Another presenter was stronger, so I wasn't asked to the next round of individual interviews with each team member.

Interview Question – Using this provided data and excel, tell us what is going on with this wireless telecom provider's online channel.   Answer Question

Worked for Compete, Inc? Contribute to the Community!