Compete, Inc Interview Questions in Boston, MA

Updated Jul 5, 2015

3.1

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Compete, Inc (Boston, MA) in June 2015.

Interview

Light phone screening followed by an invite to an event with a round robin of interviews. Was a really good experience, learned a lot about the company and met a lot of people. After the event they emailed me a test to get back as soon as I could. Followed that with a final interview day which consisted of 4 interviews from 6 total people. Overall smooth and a good experience.

Interview Questions

• If there was a situation where you knew you were right, but your team was going to go in a different direction, what would you do?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Compete, Inc (Boston, MA) in April 2015.

Interview

Some of the nicest people I've ever met in a professional workplace. Very personal (yet formal) interview process. The company values individual character over technical skillset. Best way to make an impression is to be yourself.

Interview Questions

• Explain a time where you encountered an issue while working in a group, and how it was resolved.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Compete, Inc (Boston, MA) in January 2015.

Interview

Initially applied on their website and received a quick response from their recruiter. After that, the entire process went at a snail's pace. Had one round of phone interviews with the recruiter for roughly 30 minutes and answered basic questions. Afterwards was sent a fairly lengthy skill assessment testing analysis and technical aptitude. Waited a few weeks for them to get back to me about my results. Once I was told I passed, it took another few weeks to finally set up an in-person interview. Met with various members of the team from peers to brand managers. Had to reschedule a phone interview with a director since he was not present at the time, but that process took place another 1.5 weeks down the line. The people were great, but the process was too lengthy for one reason or another.

Interview Questions

• They ask a bunch of logic questions, similar to the ones on the skill assessment. Looking mostly for the candidate's thought process and how they arrive at the answer.   Answer Question

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Compete, Inc (Boston, MA) in January 2012.

Interview

The recruiter was very nice and friendly and saw how my background and experience fits into the role they were looking for. She wanted to schedule a 2nd call with the manager, but it took like 10 days. When I finally interviewed with the manager, it sounded like he had a different set of criteria's in mind, and was asking very technical questions for a non technical role.

Interview Questions

• What can you tell mw about how Compete runs?   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Compete, Inc (Boston, MA) in November 2011.

Interview

I applied through my university/college. Received an email for a phone interview. The phone interview was conducted by the current intern and was for the purpose of discussing my resume, academics and prior work experience.A few days after the phone interview I received an email with a skills test attached that had to be completed and submitted within 2 days. A few days after submitting the skills test I received an email saying that I had been chosen for an in-person interview at the Boston office. During the in-person interview I met with about 4 different people. Questions were related to what I knew about Compete, what I did in my prior internships and how I handled certain situations in the work place. Overall, it was a positive experience.

Interview Questions

• How did you come to selecting your major/area of study and why?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Compete, Inc (Boston, MA) in August 2011.

Interview

The recruiter and the manager were really great about staying in contact with me throughout the process. They were very thourough-- I interviewed with 5-6 team members following a phone interview.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I was very pleased with this part of the process. The recruiter answered all of my questions and came in at a salary that exceeded my expectations.

Client Services Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Compete, Inc (Boston, MA) in April 2011.

Interview

There is an analyst task that is done pre-interview to see how comfortable you are with data manipulation. Then you will have a phone screen with the hiring coordinator to see how good of a fit you are for the company. Your performance task is graded by another analyst or manager. You will then be brought in to interview with analysts, managers, and/or directors of the team you'll work on. Usually over 1-2 days.

Interview Questions

• None. The questions asked were pretty standard interview fare.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I didn't negotiate. The starting salary for analysts is generally pretty well set with minimal leeway room.

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Compete, Inc (Boston, MA) in March 2010.

Interview

one phone interview, one face to face meeting and then a series of meetings. Questions were challenging and employees were passionate about Compete and its business model. Got the job but regretted it later.

Interview Questions

• What impact will social media have on the dissemination of information?   Answer Question

Client Service Senior Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Compete, Inc (Boston, MA) in July 2009.

Interview

I had an initial phone screen where we discussed my background and fit for the role. I was then invited to take a quant-related quiz and create a presentation with the results of my data analysis. They liked my presentation enough to ask me to the next round, of presenting to the whole team, in person. Another presenter was stronger, so I wasn't asked to the next round of individual interviews with each team member.

Interview Questions

• Using this provided data and excel, tell us what is going on with this wireless telecom provider's online channel.   Answer Question