Compete, Inc

Compete, Inc Interview Questions

3.3

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Compete, Inc in January 2012.

The recruiter was very nice and friendly and saw how my background and experience fits into the role they were looking for. She wanted to schedule a 2nd call with the manager, but it took like 10 days. When I finally interviewed with the manager, it sounded like he had a different set of criteria's in mind, and was asking very technical questions for a non technical role.

Interview Questions
    • What can you tell mw about how Compete runs?   View Answer

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Compete, Inc in November 2011.

I applied through my university/college. Received an email for a phone interview. The phone interview was conducted by the current intern and was for the purpose of discussing my resume, academics and prior work experience.A few days after the phone interview I received an email with a skills test attached that had to be completed and submitted within 2 days. A few days after submitting the skills test I received an email saying that I had been chosen for an in-person interview at the Boston office. During the in-person interview I met with about 4 different people. Questions were related to what I knew about Compete, what I did in my prior internships and how I handled certain situations in the work place. Overall, it was a positive experience.

Interview Questions
    • How did you come to selecting your major/area of study and why?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Compete, Inc in August 2011.

The recruiter and the manager were really great about staying in contact with me throughout the process. They were very thourough-- I interviewed with 5-6 team members following a phone interview.

Interview Questions
    I was very pleased with this part of the process. The recruiter answered all of my questions and came in at a salary that exceeded my expectations.

Client Services Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at Compete, Inc in April 2011.

There is an analyst task that is done pre-interview to see how comfortable you are with data manipulation. Then you will have a phone screen with the hiring coordinator to see how good of a fit you are for the company. Your performance task is graded by another analyst or manager. You will then be brought in to interview with analysts, managers, and/or directors of the team you'll work on. Usually over 1-2 days.

Interview Questions
    • None. The questions asked were pretty standard interview fare.   Answer Question
    I didn't negotiate. The starting salary for analysts is generally pretty well set with minimal leeway room.

Sales Director, Financial Services Practice Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied online – interviewed at Compete, Inc in March 2010.

one phone interview, one face to face meeting and then a series of meetings. Questions were challenging and employees were passionate about Compete and its business model. Got the job but regretted it later.

Interview Questions
    • What impact will social media have on the dissemination of information?   Answer Question

Client Service Senior Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Compete, Inc in July 2009.

I had an initial phone screen where we discussed my background and fit for the role. I was then invited to take a quant-related quiz and create a presentation with the results of my data analysis.

They liked my presentation enough to ask me to the next round, of presenting to the whole team, in person.

Another presenter was stronger, so I wasn't asked to the next round of individual interviews with each team member.

Interview Questions
    • Using this provided data and excel, tell us what is going on with this wireless telecom provider's online channel.   Answer Question