Composite Software

Very Difficult Interview

Software Engineer Interview

Software Engineer
San Mateo, CA

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Composite Software in March 2010.

Interview Details – Phone Screen + onsite interview (usually would eat up a day)
For engineering position there would be about 4 in person interview on that day.
Interview would screen your aptitude to tackle towards problems.

UI Lead Interview

UI Lead
San Mateo, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3+ weeks - interviewed at Composite Software in October 2009.

Interview Details – I was contacted by recruiter first to understand my interests and experience. He presented my resume to hiring manager.

Next step was phone interview with HR manager. HR manager asked standard HR questions like;
- why are you looking for job?
- Do you know the technologies mentioned in the job description?

Next step was phone interview with hiring manager. It was non technical; discussions went around my experience.

Next step was 5 onsite 1:1 interviews. with backend engineer, two UI engineers, product manager, architect/hiring manager. First three were technical interviews.

I did well in first round so was called for one more round of on site inteviews. This time I again met the architect/hiring manager. Then met two UI engineers/architects and then the VP of engineering.

I believe I was not offered the job because they were looking for someone who has UI expertise in various UI technologies and not just one. That's my best guess.

Interview Question – VP of product management asked me a coding question which was really unexpected.   Answer Question

Senior Product Manager Interview

Senior Product Manager
San Mateo, CA

The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Composite Software in July 2008.

Interview Details – The interview consisted of:
phone screening interview with hiring manager
first on site interview with most of the magement team (4h)
second on site interview with hiring manager, engineers and product management team (4h), narrowed down to 2 final candidates
Reference checks with former coworkers and managers
HR extended an offer

Interview Question – business cases:
why the sales are declining at a fictious toys retailer company.
You need to ask questions to nail down the root of the problem.
  View Answer

Reason for Declining – Choose to join a smaller companies with more outbound responsabilities

Worked for Composite Software? Contribute to the Community!