Comptia

Relevance Date Difficulty

Public Policy Interview

Public Policy
Washington, DC

The process took a day - interviewed at Comptia in August 2010.

Interview Details – Initial phone interview was basic, getting to know the applicant and their motives for applying. Group onsite interview was more about specifics on resume and what to bring to the job

Interview Question – Why do you want to work here?   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Senior Instructional Designer Interview

Senior Instructional Designer
Chicago, IL

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Comptia in April 2010.

Interview Details – Job parameters changed from regular, full-time to contract position in between initial phone interview & 1:1; company did not notify me of the change. After a few minutes, it became clear that I was over-qualified for the revised position. We had a pleasant chat about the industry, but it wasn't really an interview.

Interview Question – (All responses from initial phone interview): Do you think that creativity or efficiency is more important?   View Answer

Administrative Assistant Interview

Administrative Assistant

The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Comptia in April 2012.

Interview Details – Goof balls. Received an email to do a phone interview. I replied back with available dates and times. Never heard anything back. I waited four days and phoned the HR rep who had emailed me. Left a message on her voice mail. She emailed me back again, asking for availablity. I told her again. She called and the phone interview went great. She said she'd have me talk to the hiring manager the next day who happened to be located in another state. 45 minutes before the phone interview was to happen I get an email from her saying it was cancelled because the position was filled. Huh??? So the person you hired would have had a face to face interview, a background check and a written offer but you're still conducting phone interviews for the position?? Crazy.

Interview Question – Unexpected - "What industries have you not been applying to?"   View Answer

Business Interview

Business

I applied online and the process took 6 days - interviewed at Comptia in October 2009.

Interview Details – The HR dept. will contact you first. When you return the call it's not to set up an interview, they start as soon as they say "Hello" so be prepared. The initial HR interview is comprised of typical interview questions. What are your strengths, weaknesses, etc. There were several interviews. The enjoyment of the interview depended on who you talked to.

Interview Question – Talk to me about your communication style.   View Answer

Worked for Comptia? Contribute to the Community!