CompuCom

CompuCom Field Technician Interview Questions

2.0

4 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Field Technician Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at CompuCom.

the hiring process is very simple I spoke with a recruiter then interview with the hiring manager the decision took about 3 weeks background check driving record and drug test

Interview Questions
some room for negotiation but not much

Other Interview Reviews for CompuCom

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at CompuCom in March 2014.

The interviewing process was quick and efficient. The staff was friendly and prompt. I was very pleased with the hiring process. The paperwork was easily handled and there was always an open line of communication to several people. They informed me very well of what I would be doing and spent any time I need explaining details. They made the entire hiring and interview process worry-free.

Interview Questions
    • An unexpected question was whether or not I had any experience with printers. I had some but not much mechanical experience but luckily they were quick to inform me that there would be some training to make up what I didn't know.   Answer Question
    They asked me what was my asking price and I said I was negotiable. In a short time we came to an amiable agreement.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a dayinterviewed at CompuCom in August 2012.

Interview was a bit strange. Started out ok, tell us about your work history, etc. Then it sort of shifted to things like “are you able to lift and carry 50 lbs?” Well I am and I said so, but it went south after that. Most of the questions followed the same “Are you ok with X?” format.

Things like:
    working in a dusty retail environment,
    being on a lift to install a access point,
    getting dirty while working on a printer,
    43 cents a mile reimbursement vs. the standard 50,
    can you check your email throughout the day while in the field,
    we have a complicated parts and inventory system, can you work with that?

This went on for a good thirty minutes.

Almost a litany of issues they might have had with past employees that they were hoping to avoid by screening out anyone that answered no to any of the interview question. I ended up getting the job, but being able to work with a complicated parts and inventory system isn't the same as automatically knowing how to from day one. I think these guys were both shocked and disappointed by that.

Interview Questions
    It was through a temp agency, they didn't open compensation negotiations after they interview.

Field Technician Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at CompuCom.

Telephone interview, Very few questions manager was rushed and interrupted by the incoming issues. Began work the next morning.

Interview Questions
    No negotiation. You take what they offer or don't take the job.