CompuCom

Very Difficult Interview

Instructional Designer Interview

Instructional Designer
Dallas, TX

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at CompuCom in June 2012.

Interview Details – Overall this company is a bit old and stodgy. Their pay scales aren't that great and they appear to work people to death. The corporate headquarters is worn looking and once you get into the inside it becomes even more apparent. Their employees think the benefits and salary are fantastic - I have news for them. The initial interview was positive but the panel interview was not very professional. You could tell they were trying to put the person on the spot. Definitely behavioral interviews. Overall "could I work with this person, are they nice" took precedence over how well the person would adapt to the position. The position was new and I felt they were poorly prepared and had unrealistic expectations in terms of time and materials for the position and the projects they envisioned. One of the two panel interviewers was almost hostile and the other was pleasant but appeared to reserve judgement. Definitely didn't want to hear that things might take more time than they anticipated. Thus it was good that I didn't get the position because I think I would have spent 90% of my time justifying time and resources on deliverables. I've seen companies hire people in positions like this before under similar circumstances - six months later they're looking for a new person because either the person quits - or the organization terminates them - in either case they're left looking for a new person again too soon. If you interview for a similar position make certain you're prepared to deliver what they want in the time frames they suggest and be very specific. Also insure you have a good command of all the software they use because you're not going to receive much inside support. You'll need a thick skin on this team and great self-esteem because these are rough-hewn team members.

Interview Questions

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response
Interviews for Top Jobs at CompuCom

Worked for CompuCom? Contribute to the Community!

CompuCom Videos

CompuCom – Why Work for Us?

​​ “It’s exciting to work for company that is committed to their employees and clients, encourages continual learning and success and promotes a positive and dynamic working environment.” CompuCom, the leading IT… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at CompuCom Instructional Designer interview questions and advice. All interview reviews posted anonymously by CompuCom employees and interview candidates.