CompuCom Interview Questions

Updated Apr 16, 2015

2.3

Field Service Technician Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at CompuCom.

Interview

Multiple interviews were conducted over a brief period of time between August and September 2014 with the first over the phone with the Compucom Recruiter, then with an over the phone follow-up with the Compucom Human Resources Manager and finally with the Field Manager at the Contract Company

Technical Support Technician Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at CompuCom.

Interview

Interviewed one on one, in the company, waited a while before i met the manager, promises made were not kept and almost a yr has went by and i'm still temp on a suppose to be 3 month contract... Now there are a lot of changes and turn over rate is high, no opportunities for real OT or advancement. May be better in the future as i can tell there are a lot of changes and remodeling being done but at heart it's a tough place to get used to, but laid back, until the crap hits the fan and your up to your ears in different contracts and crappy knowledge base articles

Help Desk Support Technician I Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at CompuCom.

Interview

Only interviewed by one manager and it lasted for a half hour. He asked me questions about my knowledge of my job description.There is really nothing much else to say.

Field Service Technician Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at CompuCom.

Interview

Recruiter asked about my experience and she told me about the job and how I will drive my own vehicle to companies to fix whatever problems they have. 43 cents a mile if over 15 miles in one day.

ex: You drive 100 miles in one day you get paid for 85 of them.

She had my future manager call me, and he asked very general questions mostly opinionated and customer support questions, how would you deal if this happened what would you do if this happened...

About 10 minutes after the phone call ended the recruiter called me and said
    I had the job.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I wanted a number hourly, they said they could only do much less, so being unemployed for 7 months I dealt with it.

Staff Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at CompuCom.

Interview

The interview was pleasant, and six-month contract before the direct hire.During the contracting they did not tell me I was on a probationary test. Being proficient at what I did and proving myself to be a capable installation technician. It was near the end of the project that I was finally told CompuCom would like to hire me.

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Collegeville, PA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at CompuCom (Collegeville, PA) in August 2014.

Interview

I had to pass a background check, drug screen, and provided references. I met with the Site Manager and another one of the Project Managers that I would be working with. Quite honestly, the biggest challenge was negotiating the compensation package once I was offered the job. I knew what the median salary range for this title is, and they were offering me was slightly more than half of that.

Interview Questions

• They asked what I was doing in my current position and my knowledge about certain software.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Not much...their attitude was "take it or leave it"

POS Field Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mesa, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at CompuCom (Mesa, AZ) in July 2014.

Interview

Entire hiring process was done remotely. I spoke to HR over the phone, spoke to the Dispatch Lead over the phone, fax all my documents, and did the training online. The interview process wasn't really an interview. He asked basic questions like "Are you afraid of heights?" and "Can you lift up to 50lbs?". Just questions regarding whether or not you can physically do the job. He explained to me what the job would be like and what the next steps are.

They just got a huge contract, so at the time, they were just hiring anyone and everyone who qualified on paper. They've since lost the contract, and so had to let most of us go since were only on a temporary contract.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation. They stated the pay and benefits as non-negotiable. But indicated that I could negotiate when offered a permanent contract.

Field PC Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Manchester, NH

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at CompuCom (Manchester, NH) in July 2014.

Interview

Got a call from Insight Global recruiter saying she found my résumé on Monster. Weird because I've applied to this job two or three months prior anyway but ok. I sound like a good fit. Well when they finally got the manager to call me he didn't askant technical questions and was only around fifteen minutes long. About fifteen minutes after I got off the phone with him, my recruiter called up and said I got the job.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever worked on printers?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Make sure you get the price you agreed upon. My first two checks were short money.

Supply Chain Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at CompuCom.

Interview

HR contacted me and when I called her back, she didn't get back to me until 3 months later. I realize now, that I should have saw that as a sign. Later I had three interviews all which lasted about an hour.

Negotiation

Horrible. They kept asking me what I was looking for in a salary. I told them and they acted like it was fine. When they called me, they offered me 4K less than what I said during my interviews. I tried to negotiate more and they came up 1K.

Network Administrator Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at CompuCom.

Interview

Interview was short concise and ultimately irrelevant. While it doesn't speak well to me, they don't have a difficult vetting process for hiring. From what I got, so long as you look good, your core competency doesn't matter.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Take it or leave it.