CompuCom Interview Questions & Reviews

Updated Jul 9, 2014
87 interviews

2.3

Supply Chain Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at CompuCom.

HR contacted me and when I called her back, she didn't get back to me until 3 months later. I realize now, that I should have saw that as a sign. Later I had three interviews all which lasted about an hour.

Horrible. They kept asking me what I was looking for in a salary. I told them and they acted like it was fine. When they called me, they offered me 4K less than what I said during my interviews. I tried to negotiate more and they came up 1K.

Network Administrator Interview

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at CompuCom.

Interview was short concise and ultimately irrelevant. While it doesn't speak well to me, they don't have a difficult vetting process for hiring. From what I got, so long as you look good, your core competency doesn't matter.

Take it or leave it.

Technical Support Tech Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 6 days - interviewed at CompuCom.

the interview process was done all on line. Saw an advertisement online, sent resume and cover letter through e-mail to CompuCom. Next day had a telephone interview and online test. Two days later I was hired.

Service Desk Tech Interview

I interviewed through a staffing agency. The process took a day - interviewed at CompuCom.

I applied through a staffing agency and was contacted within a week with a potential interview with CompuCom. The day of my interview was very relaxed. They asked a couple of general questions and a few simple technical/troubleshooting questions. Basically they just wanted to see how was your customer service skills and how well you could explain the process of a troubleshooting problem.

Interview Questions
    • Explaining how I would give instructions on solving an issue on the computer/printer.   Answer Question

Field Services Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Springfield, MO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Springfield, MO

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 5 days - interviewed at CompuCom in February 2011.

Email contact, phone contact, phone interview, online evaluation, online training with webinars then out the door to partner training. Then you are on your own. Be your own boss or your RTL will tell you about it.

Interview Questions
    • If you are A+ Certified you are good to go. Otherwise you need to complete it within 90 days of employment.   Answer Question
    There is very little negotiation at this stage. When I hired on the company was different. There has been purchasing, reorganization, and pay cuts. They pay decent for entry-level technicians and you can't beat a field tech job if you haven't tried it yet. Go for it.

Help Desk Support Technician I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Dallas, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I interviewed through a staffing agency. The process took 2 days - interviewed at CompuCom in July 2013.

The interview was incredibly easy. I went in on a thursday night around 7:00 PM and was met with two stereotypical "gamer" looking guys in jeans and t-shirts which put me at ease though I felt a little over-dressed. Really though, the interview consisted of being asked why I wanted to work there, what I had done in the past, some superficial flipping through my resume, and some small talk. After that I was asked if I knew what ping was which I somehow impressed them by explaining more "than most of the candidates [they] had spoken to" (how is that possible for something like ping?)

Then they had me role play tech support with them being the client...they said their laptop wouldn't connect to wi-fi...I asked them if the hardware switch was on, they told me I was hired. The job, just like the interview is very simple and straightforward, you may want to consider if this is a position you really want to take or even a company you really want to work for if you're above entry level. If you are entry level on the other hand, don't take that as a slap to them, this is a great place to get started out and learn the ropes.

Interview Questions
    • Personal questions about hobbies etc. I may have been overthinking it but I felt like they were trying to figure something out about me.   View Answer

Field Technician Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at CompuCom.

the hiring process is very simple I spoke with a recruiter then interview with the hiring manager the decision took about 3 weeks background check driving record and drug test

Interview Questions
    some room for negotiation but not much

Field Services Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Dayton, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dayton, OH

I interviewed through a recruiter - interviewed at CompuCom in August 2013.

Recuiter contacted me total of 2 interviews

SharePoint Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Dallas, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I interviewed through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at CompuCom in April 2014.

I was submitted to the position through Insight Global, who had an exclusive claim to this position. I was first interviewed via telephone by the hiring manager at 4:00 PM, who works remotely in Houston. Because this was a contract-to-hire position, they were able to move really quickly. I interviewed in person with the rest of the team the very next day at noon. I was pretty sure they had decided to hire me, but there were other factors that kept the actual hiring from happening immediately. It only took about a week, then I went through the background check and drug test (no credit check, I was worried initially, my credit is TERRIBLE, so if they'd hire me, they'll hire anyone with credit issues, probably as long as you're not working with finances or payroll.) I started working about 2 weeks after the dizzyingly fast interview process. The position was an internal position with CompuCom, not a position that would be contracted out to CompuCom's clients. I imagine that process takes longer to get hired into a permanent position (not contract-to-hire), but CompuCom has the ability to move very quickly if they aren't depending on their end client to have input into the decision.

Interview Questions
    • They asked questions about very technical things I did not have the knowledge of before the interview, but I was honest and told them which things I did not have experience with and they were fine with those answers. It's likely cultural among the SharePoint team to want to train someone to do those things they don't yet know how, but they also have a robust training plan for training newly hired help desk support personnel.

Of course, they asked some behavioral questions like "tell me about a time you made a mistake and how you handled it" and "tell me how you would handle a particularly difficult to handle client." All in all, the interview was very non-threatening and I did secure the position.
        Answer Question
    There was no negotiation, because it is contract-to-hire and you make an agreement on rate before you interview. You really can't negotiate a different salary or you risk losing the position. We did discuss a conversion salary after 6 months when the position is slated to go perm. I hope there is no more negotiation at that point, because I will be happy with what we discussed.

Field Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Houston, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I interviewed online. The process took a day - interviewed at CompuCom in March 2014.

The interviewing process was quick and efficient. The staff was friendly and prompt. I was very pleased with the hiring process. The paperwork was easily handled and there was always an open line of communication to several people. They informed me very well of what I would be doing and spent any time I need explaining details. They made the entire hiring and interview process worry-free.

Interview Questions
    • An unexpected question was whether or not I had any experience with printers. I had some but not much mechanical experience but luckily they were quick to inform me that there would be some training to make up what I didn't know.   Answer Question
    They asked me what was my asking price and I said I was negotiable. In a short time we came to an amiable agreement.

Worked for CompuCom? Contribute to the Community!