CompuCom Interview Questions

2.3

Instructional Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Dallas, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at CompuCom in June 2012.

Overall this company is a bit old and stodgy. Their pay scales aren't that great and they appear to work people to death. The corporate headquarters is worn looking and once you get into the inside it becomes even more apparent. Their employees think the benefits and salary are fantastic - I have news for them. The initial interview was positive but the panel interview was not very professional. You could tell they were trying to put the person on the spot. Definitely behavioral interviews. Overall "could I work with this person, are they nice" took precedence over how well the person would adapt to the position. The position was new and I felt they were poorly prepared and had unrealistic expectations in terms of time and materials for the position and the projects they envisioned. One of the two panel interviewers was almost hostile and the other was pleasant but appeared to reserve judgement. Definitely didn't want to hear that things might take more time than they anticipated. Thus it was good that I didn't get the position because I think I would have spent 90% of my time justifying time and resources on deliverables. I've seen companies hire people in positions like this before under similar circumstances - six months later they're looking for a new person because either the person quits - or the organization terminates them - in either case they're left looking for a new person again too soon. If you interview for a similar position make certain you're prepared to deliver what they want in the time frames they suggest and be very specific. Also insure you have a good command of all the software they use because you're not going to receive much inside support. You'll need a thick skin on this team and great self-esteem because these are rough-hewn team members.

Linux Systems Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pune (India)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days - interviewed at CompuCom in April 2014.

Worst they take interview and finally they say, your salary is high

Programmer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Liberty Lake, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Liberty Lake, WA

I applied online. The process took 2 days - interviewed at CompuCom in October 2008.

Phone interview and an in-person interview.

none

International PM for Rolls Royce Spinoff of Their ENergy Division to Siemens Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Hatfield, East of England, England (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hatfield, East of England, England (UK)

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at CompuCom in May 2014.

FaceTime video call dropped 3 times and was filled with a distracted UK caller.....Dilbert would be proud !
    Surprised to get a request to attend Security Training prior to signing on as a contractor. I invested a few hours and thought the client was great. Basically, outsourcing this Separation of the Energy Division is destined to ruin the Rolls Royce / Siemens business relationship.

N/A

Deployment Technician Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days - interviewed at CompuCom in October 2013.

Great people to work with! The interview process was very nice since it was done over the phone.

Interview Questions
    The job was offered and I accepted. They said welcome aboard.

Technical Support Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Dallas, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days - interviewed at CompuCom in March 2008.

The interview is a one-on-one with the hiring manager for the group you will be working for. You are not anywhere near the floor or group you will be working with when you are brought in. So, you will have no initial view of the work culture. The interview will include some questions that may be beyond your technical expertise to see how well you work in "unknown" situations.

Interview Questions
    No negotiation was allowed.

Technical Support Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pune (India)

I applied in-person. The process took a day - interviewed at CompuCom in November 2008.

The hiring and Interview process was very simple, not taxing at all. The management was very helpful, soft spoken. The interview panel were professional and gave a feeling of comfort.

Help Desk Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Toronto, ON (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at CompuCom in August 2012.

The interview was great. Got in there and was promptly greeted by reception staff. Was given a coffee and a newspaper and left to sit in a beautifully warm cozy room. I then got to watch the news while the interviewer prepared some notes for our interview. The interview went for about 45 minutes and covered off everything I'd ever dreamed of. Unbelievable experience

Interview Questions
    • What would I do if a user had a problem with their flux capacitor   View Answer
    Easy. I stated what I wanted. They stated what they would give me and we went from there

Network Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pune (India)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days - interviewed at CompuCom in July 2010.

The entire process was very quick.

Networking Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pune (India)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a day - interviewed at CompuCom in March 2011.

First held is communication skill round. Then the telephonic technical round, face to face technical round.
    Good knowledge of networking required. Good technical projects to work with. Good team work, helpful managers.

Worked for CompuCom? Contribute to the Community!