CompuCom

Updated Dec 10, 2014
Updated Dec 10, 2014

2.3

Solution Director Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at CompuCom.

contacted via phone after resume submital then interviewed with 5 hiring managers

Interview Questions
    • you are overqualified for the role so why would this be a good fit for you.   Answer Question

Inventory Control Administrative Interview

I applied through other source – interviewed at CompuCom.

I was asked by a manger if i needed a job

You start next week

Technical Support Analyst Interview

I applied through other source. The process took a dayinterviewed at CompuCom.

Interview lasted 5 minutes. they just wanted some one that knew how to be a people person since the job was very customer orientated and face to face with them.

Interview Questions
    • No questions were asked they just looked at my resume and that was all.   Answer Question

Technical Support Tech Interview

I applied online. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at CompuCom.

the interview process was done all on line. Saw an advertisement online, sent resume and cover letter through e-mail to CompuCom. Next day had a telephone interview and online test. Two days later I was hired.

Network Administrator Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at CompuCom.

Interview was short concise and ultimately irrelevant. While it doesn't speak well to me, they don't have a difficult vetting process for hiring. From what I got, so long as you look good, your core competency doesn't matter.

Take it or leave it.

Help Desk Support Technician I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at CompuCom in July 2013.

The interview was incredibly easy. I went in on a thursday night around 7:00 PM and was met with two stereotypical "gamer" looking guys in jeans and t-shirts which put me at ease though I felt a little over-dressed. Really though, the interview consisted of being asked why I wanted to work there, what I had done in the past, some superficial flipping through my resume, and some small talk. After that I was asked if I knew what ping was which I somehow impressed them by explaining more "than most of the candidates [they] had spoken to" (how is that possible for something like ping?)

Then they had me role play tech support with them being the client...they said their laptop wouldn't connect to wi-fi...I asked them if the hardware switch was on, they told me I was hired. The job, just like the interview is very simple and straightforward, you may want to consider if this is a position you really want to take or even a company you really want to work for if you're above entry level. If you are entry level on the other hand, don't take that as a slap to them, this is a great place to get started out and learn the ropes.

Interview Questions
    • Personal questions about hobbies etc. I may have been overthinking it but I felt like they were trying to figure something out about me.   View Answer

Field PC Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Manchester, NH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Manchester, NH

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at CompuCom in July 2014.

Got a call from Insight Global recruiter saying she found my résumé on Monster. Weird because I've applied to this job two or three months prior anyway but ok. I sound like a good fit. Well when they finally got the manager to call me he didn't askant technical questions and was only around fifteen minutes long. About fifteen minutes after I got off the phone with him, my recruiter called up and said I got the job.

Interview Questions
    Make sure you get the price you agreed upon. My first two checks were short money.

Field Service Technician Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at CompuCom.

Recruiter asked about my experience and she told me about the job and how I will drive my own vehicle to companies to fix whatever problems they have. 43 cents a mile if over 15 miles in one day.

ex: You drive 100 miles in one day you get paid for 85 of them.

She had my future manager call me, and he asked very general questions mostly opinionated and customer support questions, how would you deal if this happened what would you do if this happened...

About 10 minutes after the phone call ended the recruiter called me and said
    I had the job.

Interview Questions
    I wanted a number hourly, they said they could only do much less, so being unemployed for 7 months I dealt with it.

POS Field Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mesa, AZ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mesa, AZ

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at CompuCom in July 2014.

Entire hiring process was done remotely. I spoke to HR over the phone, spoke to the Dispatch Lead over the phone, fax all my documents, and did the training online. The interview process wasn't really an interview. He asked basic questions like "Are you afraid of heights?" and "Can you lift up to 50lbs?". Just questions regarding whether or not you can physically do the job. He explained to me what the job would be like and what the next steps are.

They just got a huge contract, so at the time, they were just hiring anyone and everyone who qualified on paper. They've since lost the contract, and so had to let most of us go since were only on a temporary contract.

Interview Questions
    No negotiation. They stated the pay and benefits as non-negotiable. But indicated that I could negotiate when offered a permanent contract.

Desktop Support Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at CompuCom in December 2011.

I had a technical phone interview wasn't very difficult. Immediately after that had an onsite interview. Around 2 1:1 interview I was asked about my previous experience, and it was a fit to the hiring managers expectations. I was offered a job a day or two later.

Take it or leave it