CompuCom

Updated Feb 19, 2015

2.3

Systems Integration Specialist SN Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at CompuCom in March 2014.

Three set of interview. Phone screening and two face to face interview . first was with the onshore team. the other was at the headquarters in Dallas. It took about three weeks before decision was made. there were some questions that was focused on process and change management procedures

Interview Questions
    reasonable . i have an idea what i was looking for so i ensure i stayed within my target rate

Network Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tuscaloosa, AL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tuscaloosa, AL

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at CompuCom in February 2014.

Took two phone calls the first with the contract company that I was going to work under and the second with the onsite manager that I was going to work for.

Interview Questions
    • One of the questions was do I know Microsoft Visio
      Did I know how to config a Cisco switch

View Answer
    They came with a low number than I went back with a slightly hiring and then we met in the middle

Desktop Support Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Guayama, PR
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Guayama, PR

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at CompuCom in October 2010.

The interview was rather informal but it felt comfortable. I was asked of my job roles in my past experiences. They asked me what did I know about the company itself. He tested my knowledge at troubleshooting by asking me how I would approach solving a problem he was having with his laptop during interview

Interview Questions
    • How to solve windows error the interviewer laptop was experiencing   View Answer
    Not much negotiation. They simply stated the maximum they were willing to pay. Take it or leave it

POS Field Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mesa, AZ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mesa, AZ

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at CompuCom in July 2014.

Entire hiring process was done remotely. I spoke to HR over the phone, spoke to the Dispatch Lead over the phone, fax all my documents, and did the training online. The interview process wasn't really an interview. He asked basic questions like "Are you afraid of heights?" and "Can you lift up to 50lbs?". Just questions regarding whether or not you can physically do the job. He explained to me what the job would be like and what the next steps are.

They just got a huge contract, so at the time, they were just hiring anyone and everyone who qualified on paper. They've since lost the contract, and so had to let most of us go since were only on a temporary contract.

Interview Questions
    No negotiation. They stated the pay and benefits as non-negotiable. But indicated that I could negotiate when offered a permanent contract.

Help Desk Support Technician I Interview

I applied online – interviewed at CompuCom.

Only interviewed by one manager and it lasted for a half hour. He asked me questions about my knowledge of my job description.There is really nothing much else to say.

Field Service Technician Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at CompuCom.

Recruiter asked about my experience and she told me about the job and how I will drive my own vehicle to companies to fix whatever problems they have. 43 cents a mile if over 15 miles in one day.

ex: You drive 100 miles in one day you get paid for 85 of them.

She had my future manager call me, and he asked very general questions mostly opinionated and customer support questions, how would you deal if this happened what would you do if this happened...

About 10 minutes after the phone call ended the recruiter called me and said
    I had the job.

Interview Questions
    I wanted a number hourly, they said they could only do much less, so being unemployed for 7 months I dealt with it.

Desktop Technician Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at CompuCom in September 2013.

Contacted by email initial discussion was a brief synopsis of my credentials
    Second conversation was an interview I was lead to believe it would be someone calling to set up the process.
    I was contacted later that day about taking a urine analysis test and what my agreed upon salary would be.

Interview Questions
    • Wanted detailed instructions on how to network a printer then they wanted you to give install instructions on how to do it a second way,   View Answer
    They told me I would get benefits then when I got the email the negotiate salary was without benefits.

Help Desk Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at CompuCom in September 2010.

When I started pretty much all hires were 90 days temp to perm. So I went through an agency to be hired on. The recruiter gave me a list of questions they would ask, what is an outlook pst, a template .dot file. Then a mock user to you agent situation where the goal is to either make you crack and get angry or break down and cry. So to see how you handle an angry caller. At this point in this companies place in the market/profit happiness, they only care about how you will search in the knowledge base or google for the technical answer and handle an angry caller because you really have no technical experience and you don't lose your cool when it gets obvious you are incompetent at what you do.

Either way keep your cool and answer all questions with I'm no completely sure but I would search the knowledge base or online and you're golden. Show up everyday on time and they'll never fire you because you're hired on at $15 an hour and if you take 2-3 calls an hour and create a ticket, you're making money for the company.

They used to require an a+ certification after 90 days, but now it's obvious they don't/can't expect it with the talent they hire on these days.

If you can keep your cool and act like you know enough to get through the interview, then you're good for CompuCom. Just remember that if you are good enough to get your A+ and learn from what you do there, you don't belong there and get out after 2-3 years max.

Interview Questions
    • How do you feel about no raises, but more work year after year?   View Answer
    What is your breaking point of being whipped for years?

Staff Consultant Interview

I applied online – interviewed at CompuCom.

The interview was pleasant, and six-month contract before the direct hire.During the contracting they did not tell me I was on a probationary test. Being proficient at what I did and proving myself to be a capable installation technician. It was near the end of the project that I was finally told CompuCom would like to hire me.

Field PC Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Manchester, NH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Manchester, NH

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at CompuCom in July 2014.

Got a call from Insight Global recruiter saying she found my résumé on Monster. Weird because I've applied to this job two or three months prior anyway but ok. I sound like a good fit. Well when they finally got the manager to call me he didn't askant technical questions and was only around fifteen minutes long. About fifteen minutes after I got off the phone with him, my recruiter called up and said I got the job.

Interview Questions
    Make sure you get the price you agreed upon. My first two checks were short money.