CompuCom Interview Questions

2.3

Field Services Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Dayton, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dayton, OH

I applied through a recruiter - interviewed at CompuCom in August 2013.

Recuiter contacted me total of 2 interviews

SharePoint Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Dallas, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at CompuCom in April 2014.

I was submitted to the position through Insight Global, who had an exclusive claim to this position. I was first interviewed via telephone by the hiring manager at 4:00 PM, who works remotely in Houston. Because this was a contract-to-hire position, they were able to move really quickly. I interviewed in person with the rest of the team the very next day at noon. I was pretty sure they had decided to hire me, but there were other factors that kept the actual hiring from happening immediately. It only took about a week, then I went through the background check and drug test (no credit check, I was worried initially, my credit is TERRIBLE, so if they'd hire me, they'll hire anyone with credit issues, probably as long as you're not working with finances or payroll.) I started working about 2 weeks after the dizzyingly fast interview process. The position was an internal position with CompuCom, not a position that would be contracted out to CompuCom's clients. I imagine that process takes longer to get hired into a permanent position (not contract-to-hire), but CompuCom has the ability to move very quickly if they aren't depending on their end client to have input into the decision.

Interview Questions
    • They asked questions about very technical things I did not have the knowledge of before the interview, but I was honest and told them which things I did not have experience with and they were fine with those answers. It's likely cultural among the SharePoint team to want to train someone to do those things they don't yet know how, but they also have a robust training plan for training newly hired help desk support personnel.

Of course, they asked some behavioral questions like "tell me about a time you made a mistake and how you handled it" and "tell me how you would handle a particularly difficult to handle client." All in all, the interview was very non-threatening and I did secure the position.
        Answer Question
    There was no negotiation, because it is contract-to-hire and you make an agreement on rate before you interview. You really can't negotiate a different salary or you risk losing the position. We did discuss a conversion salary after 6 months when the position is slated to go perm. I hope there is no more negotiation at that point, because I will be happy with what we discussed.

Field Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Houston, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at CompuCom in March 2014.

The interviewing process was quick and efficient. The staff was friendly and prompt. I was very pleased with the hiring process. The paperwork was easily handled and there was always an open line of communication to several people. They informed me very well of what I would be doing and spent any time I need explaining details. They made the entire hiring and interview process worry-free.

Interview Questions
    • An unexpected question was whether or not I had any experience with printers. I had some but not much mechanical experience but luckily they were quick to inform me that there would be some training to make up what I didn't know.   Answer Question
    They asked me what was my asking price and I said I was negotiable. In a short time we came to an amiable agreement.

Technical Support Analyst Interview

I applied through other source. The process took a day - interviewed at CompuCom.

Interview lasted 5 minutes. they just wanted some one that knew how to be a people person since the job was very customer orientated and face to face with them.

Interview Questions
    • No questions were asked they just looked at my resume and that was all.   Answer Question

Desktop Support Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Washington, DC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I applied online. The process took 5 days - interviewed at CompuCom in December 2011.

I had a technical phone interview wasn't very difficult. Immediately after that had an onsite interview. Around 2 1:1 interview I was asked about my previous experience, and it was a fit to the hiring managers expectations. I was offered a job a day or two later.

Take it or leave it

Inventory Control Administrative Interview

I applied through other source - interviewed at CompuCom.

I was asked by a manger if i needed a job

You start next week

Field Services Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Tallahassee, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tallahassee, FL

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 days - interviewed at CompuCom in July 2013.

Quick hiring process. Multiple phone interviews with hiring manager and district hiring manager. Face to Face interview with field tech.

Interview Questions
    • Level on knowledge and how you have used it in the past, the present and the future.   Answer Question

Senior Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Philadelphia, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

I applied in-person. The process took 6 weeks - interviewed at CompuCom in June 2013.

Phone screen then two face to face interviews with hiring manager

Interview Questions
    • very technical in nature, be prepared and do your homework on the companies business offerings   Answer Question

Systems Integration Specialist Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a day - interviewed at CompuCom.

The interview process only took a few minutes; they asked me a few questions and then offered me the job

Service Desk Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Bentonville, AR
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bentonville, AR

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at CompuCom in July 2010.

Robert Half Technologies referred me to CompuCom and I interviewed with the team lead I would be working for. The interview was mostly technical questions related to the job. It was not a very difficult interview compared to others I have had. After I worked for CompuCom as a temp for a few months they hired me on full time.

Interview Questions
    I was able to negotiate to up my salary another $1000 a year.