CompuCom Interview Questions

2.3

SharePoint Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at CompuCom in April 2014.

I was submitted to the position through Insight Global, who had an exclusive claim to this position. I was first interviewed via telephone by the hiring manager at 4:00 PM, who works remotely in Houston. Because this was a contract-to-hire position, they were able to move really quickly. I interviewed in person with the rest of the team the very next day at noon. I was pretty sure they had decided to hire me, but there were other factors that kept the actual hiring from happening immediately. It only took about a week, then I went through the background check and drug test (no credit check, I was worried initially, my credit is TERRIBLE, so if they'd hire me, they'll hire anyone with credit issues, probably as long as you're not working with finances or payroll.) I started working about 2 weeks after the dizzyingly fast interview process. The position was an internal position with CompuCom, not a position that would be contracted out to CompuCom's clients. I imagine that process takes longer to get hired into a permanent position (not contract-to-hire), but CompuCom has the ability to move very quickly if they aren't depending on their end client to have input into the decision.

Interview Questions
    • They asked questions about very technical things I did not have the knowledge of before the interview, but I was honest and told them which things I did not have experience with and they were fine with those answers. It's likely cultural among the SharePoint team to want to train someone to do those things they don't yet know how, but they also have a robust training plan for training newly hired help desk support personnel.

Of course, they asked some behavioral questions like "tell me about a time you made a mistake and how you handled it" and "tell me how you would handle a particularly difficult to handle client." All in all, the interview was very non-threatening and I did secure the position.
        Answer Question
    There was no negotiation, because it is contract-to-hire and you make an agreement on rate before you interview. You really can't negotiate a different salary or you risk losing the position. We did discuss a conversion salary after 6 months when the position is slated to go perm. I hope there is no more negotiation at that point, because I will be happy with what we discussed.

Inventory Control Administrative Interview

I applied through other source – interviewed at CompuCom.

I was asked by a manger if i needed a job

You start next week

Systems Integration Specialist Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at CompuCom.

The interview process only took a few minutes; they asked me a few questions and then offered me the job

Field Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at CompuCom in March 2014.

The interviewing process was quick and efficient. The staff was friendly and prompt. I was very pleased with the hiring process. The paperwork was easily handled and there was always an open line of communication to several people. They informed me very well of what I would be doing and spent any time I need explaining details. They made the entire hiring and interview process worry-free.

Interview Questions
    • An unexpected question was whether or not I had any experience with printers. I had some but not much mechanical experience but luckily they were quick to inform me that there would be some training to make up what I didn't know.   Answer Question
    They asked me what was my asking price and I said I was negotiable. In a short time we came to an amiable agreement.

Sales Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at CompuCom.

Internal headhunter emailed me asking me if I wanted to talk about a sales job with CompuCom. The headhunter gave screening interviewing. I passed and he referred me to the hiring manager. Hiring manager did one interview over the phone and one in person. Very few questions. One of easiest interviews I have ever had. Hiring team hired hired for multiple positions and hired about 1/2 of employees interviewed.

Interview Questions
    • None. Very few questions. Mostly asked about my current job at the time and past experiences.   View Answer
    • Asked why I thought I would be good fit for company. Asked me what I knew about CompuCom.   Answer Question
    No negotiation--gave me salary and commission plan. Was a take-it-or-leave it package.

IT Project Manager Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at CompuCom.

phone interview - technical questions and some general ones. To the point and clearly states what the client requirements are and expected.
    well guided on the day for the interview with major client and ask for feedback, thank you letters and kept in touch as to the client comments. Little negotiation on the salary once the client accepted me as to hiring. Overall very easy management to work with.

Project Management Analyst Interview

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at CompuCom.

Hiring and Interview process was easy and pleasant. However this was over 9 years ago and the culture was different then, when managment cared about their employees.

DVD Specialist Interview

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at CompuCom in November 2013.

General questions asked. Very friendly staff, concerned and always smiling. I enjoyed working with the managers and staff

Deployment Technician Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at CompuCom in October 2013.

Great people to work with! The interview process was very nice since it was done over the phone.

Interview Questions
    The job was offered and I accepted. They said welcome aboard.

Desktop Technician Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at CompuCom in September 2013.

Contacted by email initial discussion was a brief synopsis of my credentials
    Second conversation was an interview I was lead to believe it would be someone calling to set up the process.
    I was contacted later that day about taking a urine analysis test and what my agreed upon salary would be.

Interview Questions
    • Wanted detailed instructions on how to network a printer then they wanted you to give install instructions on how to do it a second way,   View Answer
    They told me I would get benefits then when I got the email the negotiate salary was without benefits.