CompuCom Interview Questions

Updated Jun 30, 2015

2.2

Service Desk Tech Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at CompuCom.

Interview

I applied through a staffing agency and was contacted within a week with a potential interview with CompuCom. The day of my interview was very relaxed. They asked a couple of general questions and a few simple technical/troubleshooting questions. Basically they just wanted to see how was your customer service skills and how well you could explain the process of a troubleshooting problem.

Interview Questions

• Explaining how I would give instructions on solving an issue on the computer/printer.   Answer Question

Field Technician Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at CompuCom.

Interview

the hiring process is very simple I spoke with a recruiter then interview with the hiring manager the decision took about 3 weeks background check driving record and drug test

Interview Questions

Negotiation

some room for negotiation but not much

Technical Support Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at CompuCom.

Interview

Interview lasted 5 minutes. they just wanted some one that knew how to be a people person since the job was very customer orientated and face to face with them.

Interview Questions

• No questions were asked they just looked at my resume and that was all.   Answer Question

SharePoint Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at CompuCom (Dallas, TX) in April 2014.

Interview

I was submitted to the position through Insight Global, who had an exclusive claim to this position. I was first interviewed via telephone by the hiring manager at 4:00 PM, who works remotely in Houston. Because this was a contract-to-hire position, they were able to move really quickly. I interviewed in person with the rest of the team the very next day at noon. I was pretty sure they had decided to hire me, but there were other factors that kept the actual hiring from happening immediately. It only took about a week, then I went through the background check and drug test (no credit check, I was worried initially, my credit is TERRIBLE, so if they'd hire me, they'll hire anyone with credit issues, probably as long as you're not working with finances or payroll.) I started working about 2 weeks after the dizzyingly fast interview process. The position was an internal position with CompuCom, not a position that would be contracted out to CompuCom's clients. I imagine that process takes longer to get hired into a permanent position (not contract-to-hire), but CompuCom has the ability to move very quickly if they aren't depending on their end client to have input into the decision.

Interview Questions

• They asked questions about very technical things I did not have the knowledge of before the interview, but I was honest and told them which things I did not have experience with and they were fine with those answers. It's likely cultural among the SharePoint team to want to train someone to do those things they don't yet know how, but they also have a robust training plan for training newly hired help desk support personnel.

Of course, they asked some behavioral questions like "tell me about a time you made a mistake and how you handled it" and "tell me how you would handle a particularly difficult to handle client." All in all, the interview was very non-threatening and I did secure the position.

Answer Question

Negotiation

There was no negotiation, because it is contract-to-hire and you make an agreement on rate before you interview. You really can't negotiate a different salary or you risk losing the position. We did discuss a conversion salary after 6 months when the position is slated to go perm. I hope there is no more negotiation at that point, because I will be happy with what we discussed.

Inventory Control Administrative Interview

Application

I applied through other source – interviewed at CompuCom.

Interview

I was asked by a manger if i needed a job

Interview Questions

Negotiation

You start next week

Systems Integration Specialist Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at CompuCom.

Interview

The interview process only took a few minutes; they asked me a few questions and then offered me the job

Field Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at CompuCom (Houston, TX) in March 2014.

Interview

The interviewing process was quick and efficient. The staff was friendly and prompt. I was very pleased with the hiring process. The paperwork was easily handled and there was always an open line of communication to several people. They informed me very well of what I would be doing and spent any time I need explaining details. They made the entire hiring and interview process worry-free.

Interview Questions

• An unexpected question was whether or not I had any experience with printers. I had some but not much mechanical experience but luckily they were quick to inform me that there would be some training to make up what I didn't know.   Answer Question

Negotiation

They asked me what was my asking price and I said I was negotiable. In a short time we came to an amiable agreement.

Systems Integration Specialist SN Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at CompuCom (Dallas, TX) in March 2014.

Interview

Three set of interview. Phone screening and two face to face interview . first was with the onshore team. the other was at the headquarters in Dallas. It took about three weeks before decision was made. there were some questions that was focused on process and change management procedures

Interview Questions

• UNIX/LINUX questions and process   1 Answer

Negotiation

reasonable . i have an idea what i was looking for so i ensure i stayed within my target rate

Sales Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at CompuCom.

Interview

Internal headhunter emailed me asking me if I wanted to talk about a sales job with CompuCom. The headhunter gave screening interviewing. I passed and he referred me to the hiring manager. Hiring manager did one interview over the phone and one in person. Very few questions. One of easiest interviews I have ever had. Hiring team hired hired for multiple positions and hired about 1/2 of employees interviewed.

Interview Questions

• None. Very few questions. Mostly asked about my current job at the time and past experiences.   1 Answer
    • Asked why I thought I would be good fit for company. Asked me what I knew about CompuCom.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation--gave me salary and commission plan. Was a take-it-or-leave it package.

IT Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at CompuCom.

Interview

phone interview - technical questions and some general ones. To the point and clearly states what the client requirements are and expected.
    well guided on the day for the interview with major client and ask for feedback, thank you letters and kept in touch as to the client comments. Little negotiation on the salary once the client accepted me as to hiring. Overall very easy management to work with.