CompuCom Interview Questions

Updated Oct 11, 2014
Updated Oct 11, 2014

2.3

Desktop Support Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at CompuCom.

Phone interview and in one hour was hired

Senior Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at CompuCom in August 2013.

I reached out to the VP of Finance via. LinkedIn, she felt my background was relevant and forwarded my resume to the hiring manager who reported to her. I visited with her in Dallas at my expense and met with 3, including her people. She was lovely, as was the would be peer I met. I via. phone had 10 interviews with her staff in Rhode Island and Boston. Truth be told, I should have not been bothered, I sensed the personnel on the east coast, had no intention in ever hiring me and there was contention between Dallas and Boston. Boston asked about my volunteer work and worried it may take away from my time on the job, I assured this has never been an issue in the past. The interviewed proceeded to relevant work experience, which I had tons of, however the concern now was did I work too many hours, because CompuCom was a firm supporter of work/life balance. I really wish they would have made up there mind as to what they were looking for. I feel I was a pawn in their game. I emailed Tony Doye a wonderfully, composed letter telling him why he should hire me, disclosing my interviewing nightmare, he proceeded to forward my resume to the HR department, who promptly forwarded a thanks but no thanks email, including incorrect spelling in their form letter, which I promptly sent a thank you back and copied the CEO office. One would think this would prompt a follow-up, NO. It is clear to me, if this company continues to treat applicants, who are truly qualified in this fashion, they will have a very untalented employee base, needless to say, I was not impressed. One final comment, they called all my references, all which were impeccable, one from an Executive VP, I had reported to at Level 3 Communications, a very reputable company.

Interview Questions
    • Try to explain why a Senior Analyst does NOT do journal entries, this was a point of concern for Boston. Perhaps CompuCom should realize this is a Jr. Accountant function and entry into the corporate accounting systems should be strictly controlled.   Answer Question

Field Services Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dayton, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dayton, OH

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at CompuCom in August 2013.

Recuiter contacted me total of 2 interviews

Field Services Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tallahassee, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tallahassee, FL

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at CompuCom in July 2013.

Quick hiring process. Multiple phone interviews with hiring manager and district hiring manager. Face to Face interview with field tech.

Interview Questions
    • Level on knowledge and how you have used it in the past, the present and the future.   Answer Question

Help Desk Support Technician I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at CompuCom in July 2013.

The interview was incredibly easy. I went in on a thursday night around 7:00 PM and was met with two stereotypical "gamer" looking guys in jeans and t-shirts which put me at ease though I felt a little over-dressed. Really though, the interview consisted of being asked why I wanted to work there, what I had done in the past, some superficial flipping through my resume, and some small talk. After that I was asked if I knew what ping was which I somehow impressed them by explaining more "than most of the candidates [they] had spoken to" (how is that possible for something like ping?)

Then they had me role play tech support with them being the client...they said their laptop wouldn't connect to wi-fi...I asked them if the hardware switch was on, they told me I was hired. The job, just like the interview is very simple and straightforward, you may want to consider if this is a position you really want to take or even a company you really want to work for if you're above entry level. If you are entry level on the other hand, don't take that as a slap to them, this is a great place to get started out and learn the ropes.

Interview Questions
    • Personal questions about hobbies etc. I may have been overthinking it but I felt like they were trying to figure something out about me.   View Answer

Field Break/Fix Technician - FPL Contract Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sarasota, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sarasota, FL

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at CompuCom in July 2013.

Applied with a recruiter and was contacted next day for an interview upon the interview was hired within 2 days. Great benefits and a great first job in the field.

there was no negotiations.

Senior Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

I applied in-person. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at CompuCom in June 2013.

Phone screen then two face to face interviews with hiring manager

Interview Questions
    • very technical in nature, be prepared and do your homework on the companies business offerings   Answer Question

Network Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at CompuCom.

Initial phone interview covering basic soft skills and basic technical knowledge with project manager or recuiter (depending on the contract). Followed by a more detailed technical assessment conducted in person by a technical lead and the project manager. In my case I was extended an offer that vary day pending a background check/drug test. The entire process took about two weeks. (I was contacted on a Tuesday, scheduled my phone interview for that Wednesday. From there I did the drug test and started the background check Thursday and rounded that week off with my in-person technical interview. At that point it took another week for results for my drug test and background check.)

The overall process depends a lot on the PM that you will be working for and how fast they move there feet.

Interview Questions
    • It was a standard round of questions ... nothing out of the blue. They look to make sure you can deliver and that you can get along with your teammates.   Answer Question
    They are pretty set on what they offer. They told me a range ... I was at the top and really felt that they would have passed if pushed for more.

Solution Director Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at CompuCom.

contacted via phone after resume submital then interviewed with 5 hiring managers

Interview Questions
    • you are overqualified for the role so why would this be a good fit for you.   Answer Question

Tech Support Interview

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at CompuCom in February 2013.

phone interview then another phone interview and hire!