CompuCom

Updated Dec 18, 2014
Updated Dec 18, 2014

2.3

Tech Support Interview

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at CompuCom in February 2013.

phone interview then another phone interview and hire!

NOC Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at CompuCom.

I got the offer from a recruiter in Robert Half Technology,he called me and set an appointment in Robert Half Tech and asked me some personal questions and then send me a link that was a 50 multiple choice questions about Cisco routers and switches,the questions were like Cisco academy ones...

It was night shifts

C++ Programmer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Berlin, WI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Berlin, WI

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at CompuCom in September 2012.

Was a total joke of an interview. The person has no clue what a programmer does, no clue on what the salary was or . I expected a lot more for a company stating this role is in high demand. The person interviewing me said she was just hired and complained about her own boss. This is not the environment I would want to work in. I will say no if I get any kind of offer.

Interview Questions
    • No IT related questions unless you call questions about Gaming related.   Answer Question

Will not work for someone who doesn't have a clue on what I do!

Field Service Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waltham, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waltham, MA

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at CompuCom.

Original company was Ameridata, bought out by GE ITS which was then bought out by CompuCom. Hired on as a temp by Ameridata and then hired permanent. Passed thru aqusitions by companies without interviews or problems.

Very pleasant and acceptable.

Field Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a dayinterviewed at CompuCom in August 2012.

Interview was a bit strange. Started out ok, tell us about your work history, etc. Then it sort of shifted to things like “are you able to lift and carry 50 lbs?” Well I am and I said so, but it went south after that. Most of the questions followed the same “Are you ok with X?” format.

Things like:
    working in a dusty retail environment,
    being on a lift to install a access point,
    getting dirty while working on a printer,
    43 cents a mile reimbursement vs. the standard 50,
    can you check your email throughout the day while in the field,
    we have a complicated parts and inventory system, can you work with that?

This went on for a good thirty minutes.

Almost a litany of issues they might have had with past employees that they were hoping to avoid by screening out anyone that answered no to any of the interview question. I ended up getting the job, but being able to work with a complicated parts and inventory system isn't the same as automatically knowing how to from day one. I think these guys were both shocked and disappointed by that.

Interview Questions
    It was through a temp agency, they didn't open compensation negotiations after they interview.

IT Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Louisville, KY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Louisville, KY

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at CompuCom in July 2012.

Laborious and uncoordinated. I had to manage the process myself in order for them to keep their promises.

Interview Questions
    • Not many...too many of the people I interviewed with just wanted to talk a lot, so I let them.   View Answer

Was not impressed with the ability of the managers and executives I spoke with in that they did not seem to know what was going on with each other, nor did they have a clear strategy. There did seem to be a lot of big egos and a lot of politics....I was actually warned about some of the people I interviewed with by others I interviewed with. It was like...be careful of this guy, he is a ball buster...be careful of her, she is a queen b!tC7....it was really messed up. I knew it was a good thing to turn them down.

Instructional Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at CompuCom in June 2012.

Overall this company is a bit old and stodgy. Their pay scales aren't that great and they appear to work people to death. The corporate headquarters is worn looking and once you get into the inside it becomes even more apparent. Their employees think the benefits and salary are fantastic - I have news for them. The initial interview was positive but the panel interview was not very professional. You could tell they were trying to put the person on the spot. Definitely behavioral interviews. Overall "could I work with this person, are they nice" took precedence over how well the person would adapt to the position. The position was new and I felt they were poorly prepared and had unrealistic expectations in terms of time and materials for the position and the projects they envisioned. One of the two panel interviewers was almost hostile and the other was pleasant but appeared to reserve judgement. Definitely didn't want to hear that things might take more time than they anticipated. Thus it was good that I didn't get the position because I think I would have spent 90% of my time justifying time and resources on deliverables. I've seen companies hire people in positions like this before under similar circumstances - six months later they're looking for a new person because either the person quits - or the organization terminates them - in either case they're left looking for a new person again too soon. If you interview for a similar position make certain you're prepared to deliver what they want in the time frames they suggest and be very specific. Also insure you have a good command of all the software they use because you're not going to receive much inside support. You'll need a thick skin on this team and great self-esteem because these are rough-hewn team members.

Project Management Administrative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at CompuCom in June 2012.

Interview was very informal and quick since they had a low level position to fill. Job description was very vague.

IT Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Erie, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Erie, PA

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at CompuCom in March 2012.

Hiring and interview process where very hit and miss.

Interview Questions
    The Manager specified the amount with no room for negotiation.

Desktop Support Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at CompuCom in December 2011.

I had a technical phone interview wasn't very difficult. Immediately after that had an onsite interview. Around 2 1:1 interview I was asked about my previous experience, and it was a fit to the hiring managers expectations. I was offered a job a day or two later.

Take it or leave it