CompuCom

Relevance Date Difficulty

Field Technician Interview

Field Technician
San Francisco, CA

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took a day - interviewed at CompuCom in August 2012.

Interview Details – Interview was a bit strange. Started out ok, tell us about your work history, etc. Then it sort of shifted to things like “are you able to lift and carry 50 lbs?” Well I am and I said so, but it went south after that. Most of the questions followed the same “Are you ok with X?” format.

Things like:
working in a dusty retail environment,
being on a lift to install a access point,
getting dirty while working on a printer,
43 cents a mile reimbursement vs. the standard 50,
can you check your email throughout the day while in the field,
we have a complicated parts and inventory system, can you work with that?

This went on for a good thirty minutes.

Almost a litany of issues they might have had with past employees that they were hoping to avoid by screening out anyone that answered no to any of the interview question. I ended up getting the job, but being able to work with a complicated parts and inventory system isn't the same as automatically knowing how to from day one. I think these guys were both shocked and disappointed by that.

Interview Question – None really. Boilerplate stuff.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – It was through a temp agency, they didn't open compensation negotiations after they interview.

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for CompuCom? Contribute to the Community!

CompuCom Videos

CompuCom – Why Work for Us?

​​ “It’s exciting to work for company that is committed to their employees and clients, encourages continual learning and success and promotes a positive and dynamic working environment.” CompuCom, the leading IT… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at CompuCom interview questions and advice in San Francisco, CA. All interview reviews posted anonymously by CompuCom employees and interview candidates.