CompuCom Interview Questions & Reviews in San Francisco, CA

1 Candidate Interview Review Back to all interviews

Field Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  San Francisco, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I interviewed through a staffing agency. The process took a day - interviewed at CompuCom in August 2012.

Interview was a bit strange. Started out ok, tell us about your work history, etc. Then it sort of shifted to things like “are you able to lift and carry 50 lbs?” Well I am and I said so, but it went south after that. Most of the questions followed the same “Are you ok with X?” format.

Things like:
    working in a dusty retail environment,
    being on a lift to install a access point,
    getting dirty while working on a printer,
    43 cents a mile reimbursement vs. the standard 50,
    can you check your email throughout the day while in the field,
    we have a complicated parts and inventory system, can you work with that?

This went on for a good thirty minutes.

Almost a litany of issues they might have had with past employees that they were hoping to avoid by screening out anyone that answered no to any of the interview question. I ended up getting the job, but being able to work with a complicated parts and inventory system isn't the same as automatically knowing how to from day one. I think these guys were both shocked and disappointed by that.

Interview Questions
    It was through a temp agency, they didn't open compensation negotiations after they interview.

Worked for CompuCom? Contribute to the Community!