CompuCom Interview Questions in San Francisco, CA

Updated Apr 28, 2015

1.5

Field Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at CompuCom (San Francisco, CA) in August 2012.

Interview

Interview was a bit strange. Started out ok, tell us about your work history, etc. Then it sort of shifted to things like “are you able to lift and carry 50 lbs?” Well I am and I said so, but it went south after that. Most of the questions followed the same “Are you ok with X?” format.

Things like:
    working in a dusty retail environment,
    being on a lift to install a access point,
    getting dirty while working on a printer,
    43 cents a mile reimbursement vs. the standard 50,
    can you check your email throughout the day while in the field,
    we have a complicated parts and inventory system, can you work with that?

This went on for a good thirty minutes.

Almost a litany of issues they might have had with past employees that they were hoping to avoid by screening out anyone that answered no to any of the interview question. I ended up getting the job, but being able to work with a complicated parts and inventory system isn't the same as automatically knowing how to from day one. I think these guys were both shocked and disappointed by that.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

It was through a temp agency, they didn't open compensation negotiations after they interview.

Desktop Support Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at CompuCom (San Francisco, CA) in April 2011.

Interview

Agency found the job for me. Phone interview was done with manager and on-site interview was scheduled. We agreed on a salary, and when the offer letter came in, is was less than we agreed upon. I told them I will need to think about this because we had an agreement. He called a few days later and said " he was able to get the original salary offer' I somehow doubt it was the case. I feel this is done to other applicants too.

Interview Questions