Compugen (Canada)

Updated Nov 2, 2014
Updated Nov 2, 2014

2.9

Inside Sales Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Compugen (Canada).

The interview process consisted of 3 interviews. The first was with HR. I played phone tag with them multiple times before even getting a hold of them. They asked basic questions but would not provide answers to any of my questions. In the following two interviews I was asked the usual type questions (tell me a time when.., etc, etc). They were more interested in writing down what I said versus the content of my answers.

Interview Questions
    • None.. study the most common questions and you'll be fine.   Answer Question

Client Support Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Calgary, AB (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Calgary, AB (Canada)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at Compugen (Canada) in June 2012.

Was called by Compugen because they found my resume on monster.ca. Was a standard phone interview about the resume followed by setting up a 1 on 1 with the supervisors.

Interview Questions
    • Very standard questions for an interview. Proccess was very friendly and organized well.   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond Hill, ON (Canada)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at Compugen (Canada) in June 2012.

One interview. Appears to be well-run company. One of the top consulting firms in Canada. Interview lasted about one hour. Lots of discussion about structure of company. Was interviewed by hiring manager, not HR. Had opportunity to learn about company's range of clients, growth strategy, etc. Quite a few questions about my background in relevant project management techniques

IT Support Interview

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Compugen (Canada) in February 2012.

Not very organized and ethical interviewing process..

HR recruiter calls before interview to try to convince candidate to take lower salary offer.. stating that it is
     not negotiable ..

Manager is not technical ..How can that be? something wrong in the company hierarchy
    I
    nterview depends on paying American customer .. that comes up with the most idiotic situational questions .. something nobody of my collegues or myself have seen in 15 years .. just does not happen .

. My 2 cents .. Avoid them like the plague ..

Interview Questions
    • something such as if you are in the back of government firewall and can not see servers how to communicate with servers   Answer Question

Technical Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edmonton, AB (Canada)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at Compugen (Canada) in February 2012.

Very straightforward and zero hassle interviewing/hiring process. One on One Interview with a very knowledgeable and experienced hiring manager. Interview and the follow-ups were not a bit stressful. Had to undergo a basic background/criminal check. The remuneration package and details were all laid out very clearly. Interview questions were direct and non-ambiguous inclining more towards past work experiences and technical skills with a few situational/behavioral questions thrown in. Overall, a very positive experience and great hiring process.

Interview Questions
    • Challenges faced in previous work projects and the solutions chosen to overcome the challenges   Answer Question

Deskside Support Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edmonton, AB (Canada)

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Compugen (Canada) in April 2011.

Initial communications were sent by email. Email was used to set up the interview as well. The formal interview was held in a conference room at a Compugen office. The interview was 30 minutes long. The interviewer had a list of questions based on the job.It seemed pretty standard. Very professional.

Interview Questions
    • The most difficult questions were based on my knowledge of technology and protocols used in the industry. I was confused afterwards, because I found that these questions were irrelevant. The technology talked about was not even used for the job anymore.   Answer Question
    I was not in a position to negotiate. I was applying as an intern with little to no experience, so I was happy to have a job in the industry.

Deskside Support Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edmonton, AB (Canada)

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Compugen (Canada) in March 2011.

Interviewer does not ask any questions on your skills.

Help Desk Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Compugen (Canada) in July 2010.

was contacted by team lead and set up 1 on 1 interview. Met at office. spoke about job requirements. reviewed my resume and asked what I could bring to the position from my previous work experience. Some technical questions where asked by team lead. I was able to answer about 80% of them. I was hired 6 days later.

Inventory Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond Hill, ON (Canada)

I applied online – interviewed at Compugen (Canada) in June 2010.

after applied job on line, will have a phone interview in 3 weeks. will meet hiring manager and department manager for next interview which is the last interview.

HR will ask the behavior questions and ask the working experience on phone interview.

Department manager ask the detail of working experience and about experience of system, excel.

Finally they will introduce the working process.

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, BC (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, BC (Canada)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at Compugen (Canada) in August 2009.

Telephone interview, subsequent face to face interview, follow up interview with senior management.

Telephone stage included scenario based competency questions and experience review. Face to face interview reviewed the previous format and expanded to some greater company detail. Management interview is approval stage of hiring and backs up interview decisions.

Efficient and straightforward.