Compulink Management Center Interview Questions

Updated Mar 21, 2015
Updated Mar 21, 2015

3.3

Software Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Compulink Management Center.

Applied during career fair on campus. Got a code challenge soon, and followed with a career talk. A week later got a video interview, was asked several technical problems and also a brain tease. Those were some quite difficult questions, but the problems of on site interview was relatively easy.

Interview Questions
    • How to implement a non-recurrency in-order traverse iterator class of binary tree.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Long Beach, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Compulink Management Center in March 2015.

I met them on-campus,asked some basic C++ questions. I got a take home which has one coding question(coin problem: no:of ways to make a change) and one analysis question then HR interview and finally phone interview.I was rejected after this.

Software Engineer Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Compulink Management Center.

Phone interview, mostly behavioral questions, although there were some weird questions about the prestige of my high school and my SAT score. Then I was sent a programming exercise and a case study. After a week, I was invited for an on-site interview, where they mostly just told me about what it was like working at the company.

Interview Questions
    • There are 25 barstools in a row, and as each customer comes in, you want to seat them as far away from the other customers as possible. No two seats in a row can be occupied. Where should you seat the first customer to maximize the number of customers that can be seated?   Answer Question

Software Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Compulink Management Center.

Laserfiche came to the on campus career fair and they asked me some basic questions about linked lists, stacks and arrays. They also asked some basic questions on C++ and Java.
    After the career fair I received one coding question and a case study. The programming question was relatively easy. Spend some time on the case study though. Was a somewhat unexpected question.

Software Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Compulink Management Center in February 2015.

Met the HR at university career fair, talked a lot. Got an online assessment within a week. The assessment consists a DP programming assignment and a open question. After that, a HR manager contacted me through phone to schedule a phone interview after about one and half a week. The phone interview last about an hour, and it was between the HR manager and me.

Interview Questions
    • Online assessment consists a DP programming assignment and a open question. Phone interview was mainly about behavior questions. asked polymorphism, asked stack vs. heap (computer memory, I failed this one), stack vs. queue.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

I had a great experience where the recruiter was very accommodating and helpful from the career fair through the on-site tour/interview. The hiring process first begins with a technical screening (programming and case analysis problem) then an on-site interview. Responses were typically given on Fridays after input is provided by the development team to the hiring team.

Software Marketing Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Compulink Management Center in December 2014.

NOTE: This is a review of a phone interview I had with Laserfiche. I don't know what their connection with Compulink Management Center is, but this is the page I was linked to.

I only went so far as an initial phone interview. I was told it would take 2-3 weeks to hear back and I heard back through email about 2 weeks after the initial phone interview. The recruiter was generally nice and conversational, and several of the questions were about my resume or the usual behavioral questions you'd get during any interview.

However, I was also asked some of the strangest (sometimes just nosy) questions I've been asked thus far in my post-college job hunt. I was asked what positions I had applied for thus far. Fair question initially and I mentioned that most were either in general marketing or writing. Well, it seems they wanted specifics because I was pressed further about this. I was told that it was great that I had been applying to mainly marketing positions. Well, that was great. But 1) I don't see it necessary to press on aggressively until the candidate is basically giving the company names and specific positions they've applied to, and 2) It's simply unrealistic to expect new graduates to apply solely to one industry in the first place.

I was then asked if I remembered my SAT score. Seriously?

This trend followed when I mentioned that I had actually done my general education in a community college before transferring to a university (for reference, I went to a university usually ranked in the top 10 worldwide). I was asked if that was because of money or for some other reason. Make what you will of that but my intuition is that they don't want transfers.

In any case, I figured I probably wouldn't move on to an in-person interview after having to use the phrase "I personally don't see how that's important" more than once. Laserfiche seems like a fun place to work but they need to change their recruiting tactics.

Interview Questions
    • There weren't any difficult questions. The most unexpected was definitely "Do you remember your SAT score?"   View Answer

Technical Consultant Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Compulink Management Center.

Applied online through my school, about a month later I got a call and we set up a phone interview soon afterwards. The phone interview was long but we just went over my resume and some basic behavioral interview questions. She was very kind. She then sent me a problem solving exercise to completed over the weekend. Two weeks later I got a call to set up an on-site interview. I interviewed for about three hours. Two people interviewed me. The first asked behavioral questions: tell me a time you took initiative, a decision and you weren't sure of the outcome, a complex problem and how did you go about solving it. The other interviewer asked me some problem solving questions: you have 7 red balls, 7 white balls, two jars - how do you arrange them to get someone to pick a red ball. How many m&ms can fit in your car, you have two lightbulbs and a 100 story building - find out the floor it breaks on. You have 9 identical balls and two scales, one is heavier, how do you find it? Then they had me give a 7 minute presentation on anything. In the end I thought I did pretty well but then they emailed me saying no.

Technical Consultant Interview

Connected with LF hiring team rep at a college career fair. The recruiter sent me a problem solving exercise by email which took about 1-2hrs. to complete. After, I was contacted for a phone interview. The recruiter forwarded my resume to the technical consulting team and recommended me. Waiting to be contacted for an on-site interview

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time when you:
      a) felt frustrated
      b) had to make an important decision and the steps you took

What are your salary expectations

Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Long Beach, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Compulink Management Center.

First I did a phone interview that basically consisted about asking about my experience, some basic behavioral questions, and very simple technical questions (i.e. worst case for adding element to front of linked list). I believe I did exceptionally well on this stage.

After phone interview I got an assignment that required me to create a relatively easy program that finds the least amount of denominations of coins needed to make a certain amount. I also had to write a report that analyzed and provided a solution to pretend scenario that involved a problem on a manufacturing plant.

I believe I did well on both and did them both on my own without any help from the internet, and I promptly received a response to do an onsite interview almost instantly. I first met with the HR woman who just gave me a rundown of the company and asked some clarifying questions.

I met with my first interviewer who asked me about myself, my experience and then went through a small binder of standard behavioral questions, i.e. mention a time you took initiative, tell about a time you had a disagreement with a client and how you handled it etc. I think this part of the interview went quite well and it was the next part that I completely got killed on.

The next part consisted of asking me logical brain teaser questions. I had never had an interview (only my second interview) where I had to answer brain teaser questions on a white board in front of interviewers, and I unfortunately was not thinking straight at all and completely floundered on this part. One question was about having two different colors of 7 balls each, two buckets, and finding the best arrangement that would give you the best probability of picking one of the colored balls. They cut this part of the interview short for me and I do not expect a call back because of it.

Interview Questions
    • You have 14 balls, and two buckets. 7 are red, 7 are white, find the best arrangement of balls that will give you the highest probability of picking a red ball.   Answer Question