Compulink Management Center

3.3

46 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Technical Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Long Beach, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Compulink Management Center.

First I did a phone interview that basically consisted about asking about my experience, some basic behavioral questions, and very simple technical questions (i.e. worst case for adding element to front of linked list). I believe I did exceptionally well on this stage.

After phone interview I got an assignment that required me to create a relatively easy program that finds the least amount of denominations of coins needed to make a certain amount. I also had to write a report that analyzed and provided a solution to pretend scenario that involved a problem on a manufacturing plant.

I believe I did well on both and did them both on my own without any help from the internet, and I promptly received a response to do an onsite interview almost instantly. I first met with the HR woman who just gave me a rundown of the company and asked some clarifying questions.

I met with my first interviewer who asked me about myself, my experience and then went through a small binder of standard behavioral questions, i.e. mention a time you took initiative, tell about a time you had a disagreement with a client and how you handled it etc. I think this part of the interview went quite well and it was the next part that I completely got killed on.

The next part consisted of asking me logical brain teaser questions. I had never had an interview (only my second interview) where I had to answer brain teaser questions on a white board in front of interviewers, and I unfortunately was not thinking straight at all and completely floundered on this part. One question was about having two different colors of 7 balls each, two buckets, and finding the best arrangement that would give you the best probability of picking one of the colored balls. They cut this part of the interview short for me and I do not expect a call back because of it.

Interview Questions
    • You have 14 balls, and two buckets. 7 are red, 7 are white, find the best arrangement of balls that will give you the highest probability of picking a red ball.   Answer Question

Recruiting Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Long Beach, CA

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Compulink Management Center.

First got contacted by the HR Manager who conducted a phone interview...and man oh man, that was the longest phone interview I've ever had in my life! Last for an hour and 20 minutes, definitely was not prepared for an initial phone screening to be that long! One reason why it took so long was because HR was typing down every single one of my answers. I was also asked some strangely HR sensitive questions, such as what my parents occupations were, if they went to college, why did they move to America, and why did I choose to go to college...I felt like these questions had nothing to do with my qualification for the position, and was puzzled they were coming from the HR manager.

At the end of the phone interview, I was invited in for an in-person. Upon arrival to their headquarter, I was pretty impressed that they had their own parking structure, which is definitely nice to not have to deal with parking validations. For the in-person interview, I met with 2 more team members; they were both friendly and pleasant for the most part. One thing that was amusing was that they strongly emphasized the importance for recruiters to call up candidates to inform them they did not get the position; they wanted to make sure I'd be someone who will be committed to follow up with candidates regarding hiring decisions in the most professional manner. Ironically, I never heard from them again after the interview...they did not bother to follow through to tell me I did not get the job.

Interview Questions
    • Most unexpected question during the in-person that I choked on: what was the reason why you didn't write a cover letter to convey your interest for our company?   Answer Question

Presales Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Long Beach, CA

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Compulink Management Center.

Phone interview. Asked basic questions about my resume. Asked for SAT scores. Mostly wanted to see what kind of person I am and how I handle various situations. No technical questions or anything like that. Interviewer was very friendly and easy to talk to.

Interview Questions
    • What other jobs/companies have you applied to and who have you heard back from?   Answer Question
    I am still in the interviewing process.

Marketing Writer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Long Beach, CA

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Compulink Management Center in May 2014.

I was contacted by a recruiter two days after submitting my application online. The recruiter asked if I'd be available in the next 2 weeks for a phone interview. My schedule was wide open (hello, I'm unemployed) so she scheduled it for the following week. When I agreed to the date/time, the recruiter never confirmed (all our contact at this point was via email). The day of the interview, the recruiter never called. I waited 45 minutes (in case they were stuck on another phone call or in a meeting that ran long) before calling the recruiter to see if they'd prefer to reschedule. There was no answer so I left a voicemail. That voicemail was never returned. A month later, the job is still posted on the careers site.

Writer/Researcher Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Long Beach, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Compulink Management Center in April 2014.

I attended a recruitment talk at my school. Afterwards I gave the recruiter my resume and chatted with her briefly. She told me she would be in touch with me soon. I emailed her a thank you for the talk, and a digital copy of my resume that day. After two weeks without hearing anything, I sent a follow-up email. She immediately replied. She set up a phone interview for me. The interview questions seemed pretty standard (it was awhile ago so I don't remember them. I think there was one 'fun' question). She was very kind and easy-going and I felt like it was going well. After the interview, I was asked to submit writing samples, and to complete an assignment. The assignment was to write an e-mail blast to County Government CIOs to get them to click through to a landing page to download the “Agile ECM as a Shared Service” white paper. I was provided with the Laserfiche brand guidelines, a buyer persona for an imagined County Government CIO, and the "Agile ECM as a Shared Service” white paper.

Software Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Long Beach, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Compulink Management Center in March 2014.

First talked to a recruiter at a job fair. Then had to answer a coding question and a brain teaser, and e-mail it back within the week. (A question about some cars, and the knapsack problem as the program).

Went up to Long Beach for an in-person interview eventually, once schedules worked out. Was supposed to interview with 2-3 teams. When I first got there I had a little 20-30 minute talk with the HR recruiter before being introduced to the first team. The HR person left and the 2 server side engineers came into the room to interview me instead.

We talked about my resume for a bit, and then onto a programming question that involve string parsing. Then it was time for lunch. (Yay free lunch!?.. ) Except we were too late and all the food was gone. This seemed to bother them a bit. Apparently, I was supposed to meet people at this lunch portion of the interview too, but like I said it was all gone. Instead I went with the two interviewers down the road and got some quick food, Arby's (They paid, expense account etc). After we came back it was time for me to meet the next team (someone front end they said.) They'd mentioned a couple times the people I'd be meeting next, and what teams they worked on.

Anyway, the two interviewers eventually leave saying they're about to get the next team, and that the next interviewers will be in in a minute. 10 minutes pass by and the HR person comes back in. Checks in with me, and tells me I'm free to go!

As it turns out, for whatever reason, the next teams decided not to interview me. Which seemed really weird based on the information that had been provided to me. Very fu-cking weird.. And so I left.

Note: Didn't do particularly well on the string parsing question, but I didn't fail it either. Unfortunately I hadn't studied the String library in Java before the interview. Was expecting more of a data structures/algorithms tech question. So I spent most of my time looking up functions from the string library. But I did explain how I'd do it, which was correct. Just Implementing it very slowly..

Interview Questions
    • Note: They have you code with a wireless mouse and keyboard, connected to a large projector. You end up coding in Netbeans, writing the code all proper.

They had a folder of about 4 different tech questions they were going to ask. One of them was a roman numeral one, and the one I got was parsing a string "1, 2, 4-7, 9" into a PageRange class (which is provided to you). You're implementing the constructor for it.

View Answer

Sales Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Long Beach, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at Compulink Management Center in March 2014.

My interviewer was a woman who gave off a very laid-back vibe throughout the interview process. Our interaction felt very natural, and her questions were highly relevant and in-depth; although, nothing out-of-the-ordinary.

Software Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Long Beach, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Compulink Management Center.

I met their HR director at our school's career fair. They sent me a take home packet of two questions to complete. They then contacted me later to come in during another career fair to complete another question. Finally they had me head over for an on-site interview where they tried to fit me into a team.

Interview Questions
    • A manufacturing question that was more of a riddle. It was fairly complex and required reading a couple of pages of background information.   Answer Question

Software Test Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Long Beach, CA

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Compulink Management Center in February 2014.

I received a phone call from the HR department and they set up a phone interview with me. The phone interview was with the HR department and it seemed to go well. They asked me some pretty basic interview questions about my background and career aspirations. They also asked me a couple of technical questions: What is a virtual constructor?, What is polymorphism?, What is the big o time of inserting an element into the front of a linked list and a vector? What is the difference between a stack and a queue? The interviewer then sent me a programming exercise and a problem solving exercise. The programming exercise was easier to me. Two weeks after submitting I got an email indicating there was no position that fit my skills.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Long Beach, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Compulink Management Center in February 2014.

Met at a career fair. Was contacted and asked to do a case study to better understand your thinking and evaluate your writing skills. Also, they gave a programming question to be sent back as well. Was contacted afterwards and set up an on-site interview. The interview asked about your background to find out what kind of a person you are, then followed by a programming portion of the interview. Overall, I think they do a good job evaluating their software engineers both as programmers and as people. They want to make sure they are working with people they will like and are also qualified to be there.

Interview Questions
    • I would say the background questions are much more difficult to answer since it makes you think on your feet about your past experiences, giving examples that are both interesting and relevant to the question.   Answer Question