Compulink Management Center

3.5

14 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Long Beach, CA

I applied online. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Compulink Management Center in August 2011.

Interview starts with HR recruiter selling the company. They do a great job painting the picture, while neglecting to tell you that you may get stuck working the 5:30 am shift. Be watchful, and try to determine this from the get-go. Management is stuck in a very retro mindset, and honestly believes that your hours worked will correlate with pay.

Interview Questions
    • Chris Wacker likes to get involved with most interviews in sales, and Nein-Ling likes to get involved with marketing. They will ask oddball questions, so try to have read the news recently, or articles about the company. Chris will ask if you read books, and tries to use this as a gauge of your personal worth. Don't let this throw you, and its fine to lean on something from high-school. This is a fairly straightforward process, and they just want to make sure you aren't a robot. Try to ask them questions in return, and get them talking.   Answer Question
    The manager that hired me played the hard to reach game. Just be persistence and give a phone call or email once a day.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Monica, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Compulink Management Center in February 2011.

I met the recruiter at career fair. i was pulled aside and asked some technical questions and was given a programming test which I scribbled on the back of my resume. I don't think anyone could have read my writing but I was called back the next day and was invited in for an onsite.

The day of the interview I was in a group of 5 other students. 1 was from my school. We were separated and I was led into a room with 2 interviewers. I was asked about my background and was given some technical questions. The most difficult one was about recursion. I had to do some whiteboard programming which dealt with encapsulation and strategies for optimization and cleaning up code.

After this I was moved to another room and met with another panel. This seemed to be a different produck group. They asked me questions about database design, normalization and design patterns. I was given some code and told to explain it's design and talk about complexity and optimization.

Next was a lunch interview. But it was more of a relaxed group interview. The other candidates were at the same table. You would think it was easy to eat while other students were answering but I listened to their replies scoping out the competition. I can easily pick out who was not going to get the job.

After lunch was another round of interviews yet in another room. How many interview rooms does this place have? I was able to meet another team. They seemed nice and their questions were not as hard as the others. I was exhausted.

Interview Questions
    • Given 25 seat in a bar. The bar was circular and the people could not sit next to each other.   Answer Question
    • What techniques are used to counter sql injection.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Long Beach, CA

I applied in-person. The process took a day - interviewed at Compulink Management Center in February 2011.

This was an internal interview. I applied for an transfer between groups. I have seen people switch departments or job positions but my switch was between product groups. It was easier than I thought. No paperwork, just brought it up with my team lead and it was done fast. We were already between projects so there there was no transition time.

Software Engineer In Test Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Monica, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Compulink Management Center in October 2010.

Met company at career fair. Did some research the night before. Laserfiche followed up with me the next day. I was invited in and interviewed with 4 rounds of people. The recruiter I saw led off with a company presentation and tips on how to survive the process. Next cam a group of engineers. Followed by members of a testing group. followed by members of 2 different product groups. Lunch inserted between round 2 and round 3. I met some staff during lunch and played a round of pool.

Interview Questions
    • Describe how encapsulation, inheritance and recursion works in an object orientated language such as C++. I think recursion makes it a trick question.   Answer Question
    • how does semantic stack, parse table and symbol table work in a compiler.   Answer Question
    • which would produce the most efficient implementation of a merge sort and why: array, single linked list, double linked list.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Long Beach, CA

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Compulink Management Center in July 2010.

Submitted my resume through hotjobs. I got a call the next day by a recruiter. The recruiter was very polite and I answered a few questions about my experience and what type of job I was looking for. I was also asked some technical questions. The call lasted 45 minutes. The next day he followed up to schedule another phone interview. The phone call lasted a little under 2 hours. Unfortunately, I not as strong on the use of design patterns as I should have been. But I was able to hold on.

Interview Questions
    • in javascript, how do you get the attribute of a sibling of a parent?   Answer Question
    • What is the difference between subroutine and functional module?   Answer Question

Software Test Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Monica, CA

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Compulink Management Center in May 2010.

I submitted by resume online. I was asked to come in. There were 2 other people interviewing that day. They separated us and I waited for the interviewer. I was interviewed by 2 people. Mostly technical questions. Each question was progressively harder than the last.

Interview Questions
    • Describe an project you were giving that was challenging, how did you get through it.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time when someone gave you an idea and you ran with it.   Answer Question

Software Test Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Long Beach, CA

The process took a day - interviewed at Compulink Management Center in February 2010.

Phone and webchat interview with vice president and a software engineer. I had to solve a brain teaser, which was hard to do over the phone. Before the interview, I was told I'd be able to take control of the computer screen to solve the problem, but that turned out not to be the case. Then, 3 situational questions, e.g. describe a time when you weren't able to keep a promise or equipment, and what you did.
    Interviewers were kind of quiet and not very enthusiastic.

Interview Questions
    • There are 25 seats in a row at a bar. Customers come in one at a time, and each customer sits as far away as possible from all other customers. No customer will sit adjacent to any other. Where should you put the first customer for the maximum number of customers?   View Answers (2)

Software Test Engineer II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Monica, CA

The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Compulink Management Center in February 2010.

I have 2 technical interviews. Both of them were exaxtly 60 minutes. The first one I was asked a few technical questions. The second one, I was asked to write code. One of the questions was really difficult and could not find a good solution to. Onsite interview was more programming and testing questions

Interview Questions
    • Describe what the difference between behavioural and structural testing is and what the pros and cons of each.   View Answer
    • When risk assessment methodologies have you used and how did you apply them.   View Answer

Test Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Long Beach, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Compulink Management Center in February 2010.

Applied to job posting on college career center. Contacted for phone interview, lasted ~30 minutes. Relatively easy skills questions, followed by 'take home' programming and problem solving problems. This is then followed by onsite interview that lasted apprx. half a day, with 2 people. There are more questions, followed by on the spot programming and problem solving questions. Personally, I'm not sure how helpful of an assessment putting people on the spot like that provides.

Overall, the recruiter and interviewers are friendly, but there doesn't seem to be a lot of enthusiasms abound. The place just looks drab in general. The owner was onsite, and did have lunch in the same lunch room as everybody else when I was there. On the downside, when asked, the recruiter did imply that the organizational structure is pretty flat, which to me translates there's not much room for advancement.

Interview Questions
    • Requested to solve problem and develop program on Visual Basic   Answer Question

Software Development Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Long Beach, CA

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks - interviewed at Compulink Management Center in January 2010.

Submitted resume. Then they called and asked standard questions from my resume, educational background, SAT/GRE scores, grades, GPA, etc. All this was standard stuff. They also asked several personality questions about my strengths/ weaknesses, hobbies, interests--all of the questions were pretty standard type questions you'd see at any interview. I had no preview prep so I just winged it. Lastly, there were several standard object oriented programming questions. Read throught the wiki page, and you will be fine. They emailed me a programming question to solve and a "hypothetical scenario" problem that I had to write an essay about. No word on acceptance or not. Interview experience seemed easy, but I haven't gotten any word so who knows....

Interview Questions
    • Asked a programming question and a logical reasoning problem.   View Answer

Worked for Compulink Management Center? Contribute to the Community!