Compulink Management Center Interview Questions in Los Angeles, CA

Updated Jun 9, 2015

2.9

Curriculum Development Interview

Anonymous Employee in Long Beach, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Compulink Management Center (Long Beach, CA) in May 2015.

Interview

Initial online form & resume attachment (quick and easy), followed by phone screen. I did not hear anything for weeks and called them to let them know I had another offer. Another week later I moved forward to a skype interview. The interviewer was clearly running late and could only give me a few minutes, asked to video chat again later in the day. From there I spoke with him and two other employees. They were very friendly, and I felt comfortable discussing my potential role with the company. There were many questions about how I would solve some general existing problems that the role had been created for. There were also many questions about how I dealt with criticism or when things did not go according to plan. Was then asked to complete an ambiguous problem solving activity and prepare a presentation for a second interview. The second interviewer harped on seemingly inconsequential points in the presentation, was curt, and seemed annoyed to have to spend time conducting an interview at all. After about a 15 hour time/energy investment I never heard back on the status of my candidacy either way. I was very disappointed in how unprofessional it was that they didn't have the courtesy to at least send me an email after all that.

Interview Questions

• When was a time you worked in a group and it didn't go well?   Answer Question

Presales Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Long Beach, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Compulink Management Center (Long Beach, CA) in April 2015.

Interview

First, I spoke to an HR rep on my college's career fair and she called me the next day to set up a phone interview. The phone interview was with the same HR rep asking typical questions about my resume, skills, and interests. Next, I had another phone interview with the CIO and we discussed the details of the job position. Finally, I was asked to complete a problem-solving exercise and prepare two 15-minute presentations (One about ECM and another is anything of my choice) for an on-site interview.

Pretty extensive process.. but hopefully will be worth it.

Interview Questions

• Explain a time you had to work under pressure. What did you like most from your previous job? What did you dislike most from your previous job?   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Long Beach, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Compulink Management Center (Long Beach, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

I met them on-campus,asked some basic C++ questions. I got a take home which has one coding question(coin problem: no:of ways to make a change) and one analysis question then HR interview and finally phone interview.I was rejected after this.

Internship Interview

Anonymous Employee in Long Beach, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Compulink Management Center (Long Beach, CA) in February 2015.

Interview

My resume was passed to a recruiter who then phone screened me. Aside from some strange questions that appeared heavily scripted, the recruiter was friendly. She then gave me a take home assignment. They seemed very happy with what I provided. It was easy, and in fact I believe I was even a bit overqualified for the position. My in-person interview was quite awkward. Upon first entering their lobby, I couldn't help but notice how it is plastered with old awards from their past accomplishments and a shrine-like area with pictures of their founder. Strange vibes. The team I interviewed with was nice, but they didn't give me an offer because they wanted someone who was willing to commit to working there full-time after the internship. My suggestion for them, and I say this because I actually did like the hiring manager for that team, is to lay off the scripted questions that aren't applicable to the applicant (particularly with the recruiter) and be more genuine during the interview. Everyone seemed scared of something. I would have loved to start a career there, but they didn't seem to have a clue about to sell the company.

Interview Questions

• What was your SAT score? [odd question to ask a graduate business student with nearly 5 years work experience]   Answer Question
    • What other companies are you applying to?   Answer Question
    • Will you want to work here after the internship?   Answer Question

Technical Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Long Beach, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Compulink Management Center (Long Beach, CA).

Interview

First I did a phone interview that basically consisted about asking about my experience, some basic behavioral questions, and very simple technical questions (i.e. worst case for adding element to front of linked list). I believe I did exceptionally well on this stage.

After phone interview I got an assignment that required me to create a relatively easy program that finds the least amount of denominations of coins needed to make a certain amount. I also had to write a report that analyzed and provided a solution to pretend scenario that involved a problem on a manufacturing plant.

I believe I did well on both and did them both on my own without any help from the internet, and I promptly received a response to do an onsite interview almost instantly. I first met with the HR woman who just gave me a rundown of the company and asked some clarifying questions.

I met with my first interviewer who asked me about myself, my experience and then went through a small binder of standard behavioral questions, i.e. mention a time you took initiative, tell about a time you had a disagreement with a client and how you handled it etc. I think this part of the interview went quite well and it was the next part that I completely got killed on.

The next part consisted of asking me logical brain teaser questions. I had never had an interview (only my second interview) where I had to answer brain teaser questions on a white board in front of interviewers, and I unfortunately was not thinking straight at all and completely floundered on this part. One question was about having two different colors of 7 balls each, two buckets, and finding the best arrangement that would give you the best probability of picking one of the colored balls. They cut this part of the interview short for me and I do not expect a call back because of it.

Interview Questions

• You have 14 balls, and two buckets. 7 are red, 7 are white, find the best arrangement of balls that will give you the highest probability of picking a red ball.   Answer Question

Presales Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Long Beach, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Compulink Management Center (Long Beach, CA).

Interview

Phone interview. Asked basic questions about my resume. Asked for SAT scores. Mostly wanted to see what kind of person I am and how I handle various situations. No technical questions or anything like that. Interviewer was very friendly and easy to talk to.

Interview Questions

• What other jobs/companies have you applied to and who have you heard back from?   Answer Question

Negotiation

I am still in the interviewing process.

Marketing Writer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Long Beach, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Compulink Management Center (Long Beach, CA) in May 2014.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter two days after submitting my application online. The recruiter asked if I'd be available in the next 2 weeks for a phone interview. My schedule was wide open (hello, I'm unemployed) so she scheduled it for the following week. When I agreed to the date/time, the recruiter never confirmed (all our contact at this point was via email). The day of the interview, the recruiter never called. I waited 45 minutes (in case they were stuck on another phone call or in a meeting that ran long) before calling the recruiter to see if they'd prefer to reschedule. There was no answer so I left a voicemail. That voicemail was never returned. A month later, the job is still posted on the careers site.

Writer/Researcher Interview

Anonymous Employee in Long Beach, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Compulink Management Center (Long Beach, CA) in April 2014.

Interview

I attended a recruitment talk at my school. Afterwards I gave the recruiter my resume and chatted with her briefly. She told me she would be in touch with me soon. I emailed her a thank you for the talk, and a digital copy of my resume that day. After two weeks without hearing anything, I sent a follow-up email. She immediately replied. She set up a phone interview for me. The interview questions seemed pretty standard (it was awhile ago so I don't remember them. I think there was one 'fun' question). She was very kind and easy-going and I felt like it was going well. After the interview, I was asked to submit writing samples, and to complete an assignment. The assignment was to write an e-mail blast to County Government CIOs to get them to click through to a landing page to download the “Agile ECM as a Shared Service” white paper. I was provided with the Laserfiche brand guidelines, a buyer persona for an imagined County Government CIO, and the "Agile ECM as a Shared Service” white paper.

Software Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Long Beach, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Compulink Management Center (Long Beach, CA) in March 2014.

Interview

First talked to a recruiter at a job fair. Then had to answer a coding question and a brain teaser, and e-mail it back within the week. (A question about some cars, and the knapsack problem as the program).

Went up to Long Beach for an in-person interview eventually, once schedules worked out. Was supposed to interview with 2-3 teams. When I first got there I had a little 20-30 minute talk with the HR recruiter before being introduced to the first team. The HR person left and the 2 server side engineers came into the room to interview me instead.

We talked about my resume for a bit, and then onto a programming question that involve string parsing. Then it was time for lunch. (Yay free lunch!?.. ) Except we were too late and all the food was gone. This seemed to bother them a bit. Apparently, I was supposed to meet people at this lunch portion of the interview too, but like I said it was all gone. Instead I went with the two interviewers down the road and got some quick food, Arby's (They paid, expense account etc). After we came back it was time for me to meet the next team (someone front end they said.) They'd mentioned a couple times the people I'd be meeting next, and what teams they worked on.

Anyway, the two interviewers eventually leave saying they're about to get the next team, and that the next interviewers will be in in a minute. 10 minutes pass by and the HR person comes back in. Checks in with me, and tells me I'm free to go!

As it turns out, for whatever reason, the next teams decided not to interview me. Which seemed really weird based on the information that had been provided to me. Very fu-cking weird.. And so I left.

Note: Didn't do particularly well on the string parsing question, but I didn't fail it either. Unfortunately I hadn't studied the String library in Java before the interview. Was expecting more of a data structures/algorithms tech question. So I spent most of my time looking up functions from the string library. But I did explain how I'd do it, which was correct. Just Implementing it very slowly..

Interview Questions

• Note: They have you code with a wireless mouse and keyboard, connected to a large projector. You end up coding in Netbeans, writing the code all proper.

They had a folder of about 4 different tech questions they were going to ask. One of them was a roman numeral one, and the one I got was parsing a string "1, 2, 4-7, 9" into a PageRange class (which is provided to you). You're implementing the constructor for it.

1 Answer

Sales Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Long Beach, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at Compulink Management Center (Long Beach, CA) in March 2014.

Interview

My interviewer was a woman who gave off a very laid-back vibe throughout the interview process. Our interaction felt very natural, and her questions were highly relevant and in-depth; although, nothing out-of-the-ordinary.