Compunetix

www.compunetix.com

Compunetix Interview Questions

2.8

Internship Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Compunetix.

phone interview

Software Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Compunetix.

Got a phone call after applied in college career fair. Talked about backgrounds and positions.

Account Executive - Audio Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Compunetix in September 2013.

I applied for the position and was called by an internal recruiter to setup an interview time. I needed to allot 2 hours to the interview. When I arrived for the interview, the recruiter walked me through the process I should expect for the day. I spoke with the hiring manager, a person already in the position and the head of HR. Days later, I heard back saying they were impressed with me and wanted to me to come in an interview for a more technical position and their Video Conferencing division. So I again went there for 2 hours and spoke with the hiring manager and 2 others. I was told no further interviews should be expected. A week or so later, I received a message from the recruiter saying she had good news. When we finally connected later in the week, she said that originally had called to tell me that I was in the final 2 (although I'm not sure why she would call to tell me that). However, things had changed and the position was no longer available. I questioned her on which position since I had interviewed for 2 and she said the Video one. I asked her if this means I was still in the running for the Audio position and she said yes, but after weeks of dealing with the hiring manager not being around to make a decision, I ended up emailing the recruiter and letting her know I was no longer interested.

As interested as I was in the company during the interviews, I'm very happy that nothing came from it given the scattered way they handle the interview process. And as nice as everyone was that interviewed me, I'm still bothered that I spent 4 hours of my time and ultimately one of the positions was closed before they hired someone. From my vantage point, they don't seem to communicate too well internally and waste a lot of people's time in the process.

Interview Questions
    • I don't recall any specific question being difficult or unexpected.   Answer Question

Embedded Software Engineer- Driverr Team Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Compunetix.

The first round was only a resume discussion and about background relate to positon.
    Was then scheduled for a Technical Phone Interview. Was asked about RTOS, scheduling, data structure questions.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Monroeville, PA

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Compunetix.

HR staff very helpful and pleasant. Interview process fine. Decision making by Sr Management for offer a little long.

Interview Questions
    Quick. They countered when I needed more money.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at Compunetix in March 2012.

I submitted a resume online by mailing the HR of this company. I got a call back within a week and they scheduled an interview in the next one. There were 4 rounds of phone interviews and an onsite interview as well.

Interview Questions
    • char *ptr = "harry";
      What will be the output of the following snippet of code:

ptr[0] = 'k';
      printf("%s", *ptr);

View Answers (2)
    They did not negotiate on the payscale but negotiated on the team I was to work on.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Compunetix in February 2012.

I was asked general behavioral questions: why compunetix? what interests you in this position, what programming languages do you know?

Manufacturing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Monroeville, PA

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a dayinterviewed at Compunetix in June 2010.

The interview was easy. All the questions asked were standard. The HR reps were very kind and pleasant to deal with. Few of the managers were nice. While taking a tour of the facility you can not help but notice the unhappy expressions on most of all the employees faces. Their seemed to be a disconnect between the employees and the managers. There are recognizable safety concerns throughtout the facility. While I was using the restroom, I overheard a manager that I had and interview with later, screaming at an employee in the hallway just outside.

Interview Questions
    There is no negotiation. They use the healthcare benefits as your incentive. There is no retirement plan. Look elsewhere. When someone says to you "you could do worse" this is the worse.

Software Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Monroeville, PA

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Compunetix in April 2010.

The first round was an HR interview where my interest in the position and fit with my profile were gauged. After that, there was a writtten round with C questions that lasted for about 45 minutes. Then an in-person interview with 4 hiring managers, one after the other over a span of about 2 hrs total. Questions asked included behavioral, analytical and programming related to C and C++, specifically virtual function, inheritance and bitwise programming. They also focused on interest/knowledge about compnay functions and products.

Computer Science Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Compunetix in February 2010.

Ask about why choose their company? And what role I play in a team.