Computer Generated Solutions Interview Questions

Updated Aug 18, 2015

2.3

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Computer Generated Solutions (Tampa, FL) in July 2015.

Interview

I come in for my interview and the team lead introduced himself. The interview to me was average and the employee mostly talked majority of the time. I would have liked to someone a bit more positive attitude for the interview.

Anonymous Employee in Dunwoody, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Computer Generated Solutions (Dunwoody, GA) in June 2015.

Interview

It was a job fair held at their location in Dunwoody. There were quite a few people there to interview. The did a pre-screen first and then you interviewed with another person. They asked quite a few technical questions that I was not aware of. But overall it wasn't bad

Interview Questions

• Do you know about the differences in processers   Answer Question
    • What do you tell a customer to do if they say they can't connect to their wifi   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Computer Generated Solutions (Chicago, IL).

Interview

Went very well….I love my boss, John Maggio… asked questions about why you want to work here…and qualifications….skills…and other pertaining informations. Asked about past employees , strengths and weakness….work habits...

Interview Questions

• Why do I want to work here… Why I should hire you over another candidate….salary expectations….   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Computer Generated Solutions.

Interview

Applied for the job and received an invite via email for an interview a few days later. Found out on the day of the interview that I wasn't the only one with an invite. Apparently their process is hiring in masses in order to fill up the training class.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There was no negotiating. Rate was set.

Technical Support Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Computer Generated Solutions (Tampa, FL) in January 2015.

Interview

walked in, spoke with the hiring manager about myself, and what did i use to do, she talked to me about the company. then she brought another manager from the IT department to test me out. he told me about the company and the position. and asked me certain technical questions. how to get the IP address, whats VPN.

Interview Questions

• how to get the IP address, whats VPN.   1 Answer

TSG (Tech Solutions Group) Manager Interview

Interview

The people I met with were all professional and honest, seemed like a good group of guys (mostly team leads) . There were some big red flags though. The biggest one was that the CEO's behavior as reported on this site was confirmed! The guy is "difficult" to interact with. Unless you generate money for the company, you are viewed as a disposable expense and not treated well (think IT or accounting). I do not want to be part of a culture like that. Also, there is one review on here that was really frightening, it talked about the CEO's direct reports all telling him what he wants to hear for fear of public ridicule and shaming. Yikes!

Interview Questions

• Nothing too difficult, I liked the people I would have been working with and the opportunity that I was interviewing for, it was senior management that scared me off.   Answer Question

Director of Marketing Interview

Interview

I was cold called by their recruiting department based on my posted resume. The recruiting manager began to ask probing questions based on my experience. Everything was routine. They seemed to probe their questions in one particular area of my background. This was not an issue as I am proud of my accomplishments in this area. Then came the question that every interviewee is asked: What is your expected salary? Now, I know that the interview experts will tell you that you should never answer this before finding out their salary range first. But for me, I believe my salary requirements were well within an industry excepted range. And in dozens of previous interviews, I answered this honestly and no one batted an eyelash. Except for this time. "Oh, that is way out of line, the recruiter said." "Why, what is your range?" I responded. The recruiter told me that their absolute maximum salary was half what I was currently earning. And that was 50% less for a senior level role and located in New York City, no less. "Good luck" I said before hanging up.

Interview Questions

• Noting to speak of. It was their lowball salary range that was unexpected.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Computer Generated Solutions (Atlanta, GA) in June 2014.

Interview

I went to the job fair that CGS posted on Craigslist. A week later after the interview, I received an email confirming to do a Background check to finish the screening process. After 3 full weeks, I received an offer and start date.

Virtualization Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Computer Generated Solutions (New York, NY) in November 2013.

Interview

I applied online and interviewed at Computer Generated Solutions. Interview Details – Process was long and rigorous All they care is the money - so if you want to wear suit and tie, work in one of the World Trade Center, that might be the job for you - I prefer more money . Not worth it in the end.

Team Lead Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Computer Generated Solutions (Atlanta, GA) in July 2013.

Interview

First, I received an email from the internal recruiter. Secondly, the recruiter called me and discussed the job and the salary right away. Thirdly, I went in for an (2) in-person interviews. The first interview was a short behavioral interview with the recruiter. The second interview was with (2) service managers. The interview was generally about my experience and flexibility for work shits.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation. The company offers one salary for everyone Team Lead.