Computer Sciences Corp

Computer Sciences Corp Account Manager Interview Questions

1 Interview Review

1 Candidate Interview Review Back to all interviews

Account Manager Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Computer Sciences Corp in March 2010.

I have a lot of respect for CSC and the work they do. I turned down an offer to work for them back in the late 90's to go work with IBM. Never looked back on that decision.

CSC does a lot of contracting with Federal Defense Organizations. I was approached by a recruiter for an opportunity for a long standing contract that CSC had with General Dynamics. Initial interviews were done via phone and then I was invited for what I was told to be a 4-5 hour interview at the client site with the on-site CSC Account Executive, this individuals boss, members of the project team, and the Account Manager, whom I would be replacing.

I 1st meet with the Account Executive, whom had a timer on his desk and proceeded to ask me situational interview questions for 45 minutes, which was originally scheduled for 60 minutes. He stated he had 30 questions to ask and that I had 2 minutes to answer each question. From the sort of questions that were asked, it was obvious they were issues CSC was facing with General Dynamics. A majority of the questions, I was not given the full 2 minutes and would be rudely cut off and asked the next question. 20 minutes into the interview, the Account Executive announced that the interview would be 45 min vs. 60 and that I needed to answer the questions quicker as he needed to get them all answered.

After completing the interview 1st interview, the Account Exec informed me he wanted me to talk with his boss and would arrange a conference call while I moved onto my 2nd interview, which was with the temp Account Manager. This individual didn't have an ounce of professionalism and was totally disorganized. During the course of the interview, she would get up from the table and walk over to her desk to answer her cell phone, which kept ringing and were personal in nature. In addition, she would answer emails, while I would be answering her questions. This interview was also cut short, according to her for a fire that she needed to put out.

I met up with the Account Manager, whom stated that I would need to come back the following week and to arrange a time with his assistant, as they needed to coordinate some time with the client team, project team, and his manager. He walked me out and requested that I send him a list of questions, which he would work on and reply and asked if I was interested in coming back and going to the next step. which I replied yes.

That evening I sent a thank-you note and a list of questions to both individuals. I also called the Account Execs assistant to arrange a time for the following week. I did not receive a call back nor did the Account Exec / Mgr respond to my emails with questions. I contacted the CSC recruiter the end of the following week (Friday late afternoon), whom stated I was going to go back on-site the next week. I asked if the team was interested in moving forward and she replied absolutely and that she just talked to the team and that they were sorry to not get back to me and that they have been fighting fires since I had been there 1 1/2 weeks prior. Sunday evening at 1 am, I received an automated response from CSC stating that they have decided to interview other candidates that might be a better fit.

I contacted the Recruiter, who claims she had no idea why and thought the message was a mistake. She told me she needed to contact the team and would call me back. Well I waited a week and no word. I called the recruiter and left a message and sent a mail. The recruiter responded and said she would call later. Another week went buy, so I called again and spoke to her. She stated the team was having issues with the client and that they wanted to move ahead with out candidates and wasn't sure what happened between that Friday evening and Sunday. She did however state she was committed to finding out why and after 2 months of small talk, I gave up, as I was never going to get the truth out of any of them.

In the end, they never filled the position and I have heard they continue to struggle with the client and have high turnover on this account.

Interview Questions
  • We have high turnover and low morale. How do you go about resolving?   View Answers (2)
  • The client is not happy with the quality of deliverables. How do you react to such comments from the client and what steps do you take to improve this perception and win back the confidence of the client?   Answer Question