Computer Sciences Corp

Average Difficulty
18 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Falls Church, VA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Computer Sciences Corp in June 2011.

Interview Details – Hiring and interview process was extensive. Met with several managers, possible future co-workers and human resources. Their orientation program was not very strong and had too much basic information and wasn't very insightful. I did like how they paired you up with buddies to learn about the organization. Lead recruiter was very good at following-up and scheduling interviews. I do not think management sold the job very well and promised things that did not come true to life. May have been just a management issues and not reflective of the whole company.

Interview Question – How can you add value to the organization TODAY?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Was able to negotiate a little with salary and time.

Interviewed at Computer Sciences Corp

Interview Details – Interviewing process similar to most companies, while hiring or on-boarding process very detailed and thorough.

Interview Question – Similar to most interviews.   Answer Question

Falls Church, VA

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Computer Sciences Corp in November 2009.

Interview Details – Straightforward with phone screens and then an in person interview. Pay attention to the people you interview and try to get a "real" perspective on how they really feel about their jobs. You will discover that it will be a true reflection of the environment you will be in.

Interview Question – Straightforward interview questions   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Unfortunately, the recruiter was not honest throughout the negotiation phase. Originally, the role was not available so he said yes to all of my requirements. When I was ready to make my move to the company he told me all types of spin and lies. In fact I was not initially paid my agreed up on salary which I was not aware of until after I joined.

Bethesda, MD

I applied through other source and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Computer Sciences Corp in January 2010.

Interview Details – Phone screens, a couple of 1x1 interviews and tours, and finally a panel. Everyone was extremely friendly and professional.

Interview Question – Do you feel that the secretary general of the UN has any real power or is the puppet of powerful institutions and countries.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – CSC can and does pay low due to the draw of their big name, but their benefits can make up for it to an extent, especially educational. Ultimately, the company is making a huge margin on my role.

Washington, DC

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Computer Sciences Corp in October 2010.

Interview Details – Had an initial phone interview with the head of the section. It was more about my background and less "interview" type questions.

After, had an in person interview with the person to whom I would report, as well as her team. They then verified my education and called all 3 of my references. They went through my strengths and weaknesses, asked for detailed experiences in which I had shown initiative, etc.

Interview Question – Describe a time when you made a mistake and how you fixed it.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – I chose another job in a different city.

Consulting Interview

Consulting
Falls Church, VA

The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Computer Sciences Corp in March 2011.

Interview Details – Began with telephone screen by recruiter, 20 minutes of discussions about career aspirations and reasons for leaving current position, followed up in 2 weeks with in-person interview with 2 managers of consulting organization, about 40 minutes a piece. Was surprised that interview did not include a lot of discussion of my background and experience nor any discussion of job expectations and requirements, conversation mostly about nature of consulting market, competitive differentiators of CSC, and evolution of CSC consulting group. I was asked for my questions at multiple times (make sure you have some questions available). Office was typical business, small closed-door offices for managers, cubes for most of the rank/file, it seemed that most staff were off-site (as you would expect serving clients). Was told to wait for position to become available (we don't hire for bench)

Interview Question – Describe your niche: strategy or HC or business transformation or project management or IT implementation   View Answer

La Défense (France)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Computer Sciences Corp.

Interview Details – There are Three interviews :
One manager interview : He/ she will ask you technical/specific questions
One director interview : Your experience and what would you like to do questions ..
RH interview: salary negociation.

Hyderābād (India)

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Computer Sciences Corp in January 2010.

Interview Details – interbview techinia then HR

Interview Question – techinical quetoins   View Answer

Negotiation Details – long

Very Easy Interview

Paris (France)

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Computer Sciences Corp in May 2009.

Interview Details – I started as an intern. I had one interview with a partner who absolutely needed someone to start a mission with a client. Thanks to this urgency, I did not go through the whole interview process. My internship was supposed to last 6 months, but at the end of the first month, the manager of the project offered me to stay full-time and sent me to the partner who interviewed me for my internship. When I met him, he just asked me if I want to stay with CSC. This is how I got a job.

Interview Question – As I explained above, I did not have any real formal interview. But the real test was my internship and I encourage every interns to impress their managers during their internships. This will avoid a lengthy and tough interview process to get the full time position.   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Paris (France)

I applied through college or university and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Computer Sciences Corp in December 2012.

Interview Details – I met the company at my campus and after submitting my CV has two interview face to face with two employees. One Consultant and a manager.

Interview Question – Not a single difficult question for an engineer.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I didn't negociate

Worked for Computer Sciences Corp? Contribute to the Community!