Computer Sciences Corp

480 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Trainer Interview

Trainer

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Computer Sciences Corp.

Interview Details – Telephonic, fast but disorganized. Hired without security clearance properly verified, but issue was later resolved. No on site Human Resources makes the whole process difficult and disorganized. A great deal of emphasis is placed on time-keeping and correct time keeping measures in compliance with Customer standards, but the reality is to simply ensure that whatever hours you are hired for are put in electronically each time keeping period.

Negotiation Details – One-sided.

Lead Business Analyst Interview

Lead Business Analyst

Interviewed at Computer Sciences Corp

Interview Details – Company has changed since I started, therefore my interview process would not help others I did meet with 4 different individuals (head of human resources and 3 from one department (technical manager, analyst and technician)

Principal Analyst and Software Developer Interview

Principal Analyst and Software Developer
Egg Harbor Township, NJ

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Computer Sciences Corp in December 2010.

Interview Details – Thorough, but cordial. Met with six people, both tech and management. Refreshing free of "kooky" questions. They focused on my resume and description of my past employment experiences. They were very open about the current work opportunities and did an excellent job describing the various projects they were performing for the FAA.

Interview Question – Nothing memorable which I would characterize as "difficult" or even unexpected.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Not stressful. Hired in a bit below my prior salary, but that was quickly remedied. Had strong resume with much relevent experience, which probably made the process easier. I left with no doubt that I could do the work they described.

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Enterprise Sales Architect Interview

Enterprise Sales Architect
New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Computer Sciences Corp in June 2014.

Interview Details – The recruiter had told upfront that it will be multiple rounds of phone screening followed by a in-person meeting. The first 3 phone interviews were relevant. The last one wasn't. Just some random questions that you would ask someone fresh out of school.

Interview Question – Listing of 5 virtues and asking them to be ranked. This was the 4th phone screen.   View Answer

Director, Platforms Interview

Director, Platforms

I applied through an employee referral and interviewed at Computer Sciences Corp.

Interview Details – Discussions with several people. Was told I had a job and was not aware that the several others individuals were interviewing me to submit opinions. Therefore, I could have been more prepared.

Senior Administrative Assistant Interview

Senior Administrative Assistant
Falls Church, VA

I applied online - interviewed at Computer Sciences Corp in June 2014.

Interview Details – RIDICULOUS! I had three phone interviews for an ADMIN JOB. CSC's biggest mistake is to have low-level admins previously in the role they are recruiting for call potential candidates. I first noticed that this old woman was checking all of my online profiles, so before she called me, she was fully aware how much more experienced I am than she. It was clear when she called me that she had already made her mind up about me prior to speaking. It was the most unprofessional interview I've ever encountered. I answered my phone 10 minutes later than initially scheduled to a woman saying "Is this [Name]? So, tell me about yourself? After some talk, she said "it seems you're single so you should have plenty of time to be available after hours, late at night and on weekends to work." Mind you, this was after the previous two interviewers told me this didn't occur much. What on bloody earth does being single have to do with being available? I would venture to say that SINGLE PEOPLE ARE BUSIER THAN MARRIED ONES and it was VERY CLEAR the interview then went downhill because I was not going to proceed very well at that point. It was VERY CLEAR in her hurried manner they either had the position filled, and she was going though the motions (wasting my time) OR, as previously mentioned, she made her mind up prior to calling that she just didn't want someone better than her in that role. Upon reviewing her LinkedIn profile, which is in complete shambles with misspellings at that, I instantly felt better about not proceeding with CSC. This woman essentially stalked me online days before calling to drum up some assessment and she was OUTRAGEOUSLY UNPROFESSIONAL. I couldn't believe it.

CSC is going to get slapped with an EEO suit if they don't change their ways. They clearly have not even looked into her "interview skills" to determine that her etiquette is unacceptable. Furthermore, to have some former employee who now works at home (laugh) telling candidates they have to be available on call like doctors for an admin job paying below $70k is a joke. I won't be applying for any more positions at CSC. it's clear that they aren't used to top notch administrative professionals and they don't pay for anything other than what was demonstrated on that call.

Software Engineer Interview

Software Engineer
Egg Harbor Township, NJ

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Computer Sciences Corp in February 2014.

Interview Details – The interview can be intimidating to newer candidates getting into the working world. It was 6 senior managers and myself in a room. They were all very friendly and professional. They took turns asking basic questions about my knowledge and several behavioral questions. It lasted about an hour and left feeling good about my chances of being employed.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – They are very negotiable and worked very well meeting my requests. I couldn't be happier.

Partner & Practice Director Interview

Partner & Practice Director

Interviewed at Computer Sciences Corp

Interview Details – lots of selling of the the company and it's prospects for the future and little revelation about the current chaotic state of the company. I suggest more honesty about the rapid fire reorganizations and speculation about a company takeover should take place during the interview process.

Technical Team Leader/Supervisor Interview

Technical Team Leader/Supervisor

I applied online and interviewed at Computer Sciences Corp.

Interview Details – On Line and by Telephone by the hiring managers and the corporate technical recruiter. The questions were designed to evaluate through quantitative analysis my qualifications for hire. A selection and approval was conducted with all special interest groups involved so that a final decision can be made based on the supplicants in the selection process.

Interview Question – Expect the Unexpected   Answer Question

Programmer Analyst Principal Leader Interview

Programmer Analyst Principal Leader

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Computer Sciences Corp in July 2010.

Interview Details – They reached out to me to join the project to address issues which were plaguing the system. So no interview was scheduled and asked to report directly to the job and start hitting the ground from day one.

Negotiation Details – matched the asking rate.

Worked for Computer Sciences Corp? Contribute to the Community!