Computer Sciences Corp

Updated Jan 27, 2015
Updated Jan 27, 2015

2.8

Trainer Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Computer Sciences Corp.

Telephonic, fast but disorganized. Hired without security clearance properly verified, but issue was later resolved. No on site Human Resources makes the whole process difficult and disorganized. A great deal of emphasis is placed on time-keeping and correct time keeping measures in compliance with Customer standards, but the reality is to simply ensure that whatever hours you are hired for are put in electronically each time keeping period.

One-sided.

Lead Business Analyst Interview

Company has changed since I started, therefore my interview process would not help others I did meet with 4 different individuals (head of human resources and 3 from one department (technical manager, analyst and technician)

Director, Platforms Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Computer Sciences Corp.

Discussions with several people. Was told I had a job and was not aware that the several others individuals were interviewing me to submit opinions. Therefore, I could have been more prepared.

Technical Team Leader/Supervisor Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Computer Sciences Corp.

On Line and by Telephone by the hiring managers and the corporate technical recruiter. The questions were designed to evaluate through quantitative analysis my qualifications for hire. A selection and approval was conducted with all special interest groups involved so that a final decision can be made based on the supplicants in the selection process.

Partner & Practice Director Interview

lots of selling of the the company and it's prospects for the future and little revelation about the current chaotic state of the company. I suggest more honesty about the rapid fire reorganizations and speculation about a company takeover should take place during the interview process.

Senior Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Falls Church, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Falls Church, VA

I applied online – interviewed at Computer Sciences Corp in June 2014.

RIDICULOUS! I had three phone interviews for an ADMIN JOB. CSC's biggest mistake is to have low-level admins previously in the role they are recruiting for call potential candidates. I first noticed that this old woman was checking all of my online profiles, so before she called me, she was fully aware how much more experienced I am than she. It was clear when she called me that she had already made her mind up about me prior to speaking. It was the most unprofessional interview I've ever encountered. I answered my phone 10 minutes later than initially scheduled to a woman saying "Is this [Name]? So, tell me about yourself? After some talk, she said "it seems you're single so you should have plenty of time to be available after hours, late at night and on weekends to work." Mind you, this was after the previous two interviewers told me this didn't occur much. What on bloody earth does being single have to do with being available? I would venture to say that SINGLE PEOPLE ARE BUSIER THAN MARRIED ONES and it was VERY CLEAR the interview then went downhill because I was not going to proceed very well at that point. It was VERY CLEAR in her hurried manner they either had the position filled, and she was going though the motions (wasting my time) OR, as previously mentioned, she made her mind up prior to calling that she just didn't want someone better than her in that role. Upon reviewing her LinkedIn profile, which is in complete shambles with misspellings at that, I instantly felt better about not proceeding with CSC. This woman essentially stalked me online days before calling to drum up some assessment and she was OUTRAGEOUSLY UNPROFESSIONAL. I couldn't believe it.

CSC is going to get slapped with an EEO suit if they don't change their ways. They clearly have not even looked into her "interview skills" to determine that her etiquette is unacceptable. Furthermore, to have some former employee who now works at home (laugh) telling candidates they have to be available on call like doctors for an admin job paying below $70k is a joke. I won't be applying for any more positions at CSC. it's clear that they aren't used to top notch administrative professionals and they don't pay for anything other than what was demonstrated on that call.

Enterprise Sales Architect Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Computer Sciences Corp in June 2014.

The recruiter had told upfront that it will be multiple rounds of phone screening followed by a in-person meeting. The first 3 phone interviews were relevant. The last one wasn't. Just some random questions that you would ask someone fresh out of school.

Interview Questions
    • Listing of 5 virtues and asking them to be ranked. This was the 4th phone screen.   View Answer

Front End Developer Interview

I came in as a referral from an existing employee so the overall hiring process went very smoothly. The hiring manager decided early that he waanted me onthe team.

Programmer Analyst Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Computer Sciences Corp.

Same as any general interview; multi manager presence surrounded by questions that assess your skill level. As long as your experience matches what's on your resume you shouldn't have anything to worry about.

Service Delivery Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Computer Sciences Corp in June 2014.

I was contacted via my profile on my campus's job posting site.
    I was not given much information about the position itself, just that there was a bunch of information on the company on its website.

Once in the interview, it ended up that the position was actually 7 positions of which 2 representatives (the heads of 2 of the positions) were flown in to screen applicants to see where they best fit. As such, I left still not knowing much about what they actually wanted me to do since it was 7 different branches of IT. I couldn't ask anything about the positions since it depended entirely on which branch they fit me for.

After having my application on file through 3 rounds of selection, they asked if I still wanted to remain in the applicant pool so I withdrew. If it would have been a good fit, I would have been told more about what they wanted me for and wouldn't have been going into round 4 of them picking applicants.