Computer Sciences Corp

Updated Jan 22, 2015
Updated Jan 22, 2015

2.8

Systems Administrator Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Computer Sciences Corp.

Basic phone interview. No technical questions however the skill set was there. Excellent work ethic already present as well. They got lucky. Hiring process went quickly and without any problems.

Interview Questions
    • Most difficult question was when can you start?   View Answer
    I was able to negotiate a reasonable salary.

Operations Supervisor Interview

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Computer Sciences Corp.

Initial communication after application takes a while;First interview is normally with 2 people and briefly covers your background/experience and skills while briefly covering the job duties and responsibilities; If you pass the first interview you get invited back for the second interview which is more detailed about the job and your skills.....situational questions, logical thinking & reasoning, people management, leadership style, etc. If you successfully pass both interviews, a recruiter will contact you via telephone with an offer of employment and salary offer. Don't even bother negotiating because it's a set salary based on the contract. You will receive a hire date and instructions to complete your on boarding from home before your first day of employment.

Interview Questions
    • How do you motivate your team? Your team hasn't had a Supervisor in almost a year. How would you build rapport with them and get them to respect you?   Answer Question
    No negotiation. My counter was declined/I received no response. The offer is fixed based upon the contract.

Programmer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Blythewood, SC

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Computer Sciences Corp.

Contacted by a recruiter. An interview was set up over the phone with 2 people. It was very behavorial and logical questions. Very easy interview because I thought outside the box.

None

Recruiter Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Computer Sciences Corp.

Two phone interviews then offered job. Two phone interviews then offer made verbally. They sent email offer, and started background and drug screen request. On boarding team set start date and notified myself and the manger.

There was no negociation

Senior Finance Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

I applied online – interviewed at Computer Sciences Corp.

Hiring - Completely unorganized and slow process. Interview, easy. Manager not sure of his ability to make a decision. First told no thank you, then contacted with an offer. HR unorganized and there was no process in place to contact me with an offer. It took more than a month to send an offer letter after the interviewing manager offered me the job.

Very easy, back then.

Senior SAP Consultant Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at Computer Sciences Corp.

4 phone interviews. First interview was with the recruiter. Second interview was with hr. Third interview was a group interview with 2 people. Fourth interview was also a group interview with two people. I was given a verbal offer. Two days later the recruiter called and said that the immediate manager I will be working with also wants to interview me. This was rather unprofessional of csc. The last interviewer was very rude and unprofessional. The offer was then receded.

Interview Questions
    • Describe the detail cash balancing process   View Answer

Applications Designer Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Blythewood, SC

I applied online – interviewed at Computer Sciences Corp.

Interview was very short as this was an associate role.

Document Processor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashville, TN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashville, TN

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Computer Sciences Corp in May 2014.

I applied online and received an email from a recruiter when then contacted me after I finished my application. Then two face to face interviews. The interviewers wore jeans. I never received an email saying the position had been filled but saw another ad within days of my interview saying they were hiring for the same job.

Electronics Maintenance Technician II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Carson, CO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Carson, CO

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Computer Sciences Corp in May 2014.

I first applied online via their website and received a phone call about 8 days later. The interview was a few days after that. The interview was administered by two individuals. The first individual asked me questions relevant to my personality. The second individual asked me skill based questions and gave me a small quiz with about 12 questions relevant to electronics. Pretty basic stuff.

The overall feel of the interview was very calm and easy going. They were nice and professional. They gave me ample time to respond to questions and to complete the little quiz on electronics. The whole interview took about 20-30 minutes.

Upon completing the interview I was told I would be contacted within a few days whether I was accepted or denied. Three days later I got the call and was offered the job; I accepted the offer. Between the day I accepted and my start date(3weeks) there are a few steps including applications and background checks, drug tests and confirmation of my security clearance.

From start to finish, submission of online application to first day of work.... was about 4 weeks.

Interview Questions
    • What do you think CSC is obligated to provide you with?   View Answer
    There is not really a negotiation aspect. Wages as fixed based on what level position you are applying for. Electronics Maintenance Technician 2 was $23.11/hour

Senior Professional Scientist Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Computer Sciences Corp in May 2014.

The interview process went quickly, first a phone interview and then an in-person interview with four-six individuals. The in-person took roughly an hour and a half to complete. Hiring process took a long time - lots of delays going back and forth with HR.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing really - the questions were very traditional (greatest strength, tell me about a time when you did X). I was slightly concerned at first because everyone was very relaxed and the atmosphere was a bit non-traditional, but overall the lack of stuffiness and formality made it a positive experience.   Answer Question
    I counter-offered and they did not accept. I was initially called by HR during the interview process and was asked to state a salary range. They provided me with the lowest salary in that range and did not accept any negotiations on benefits, signing bonuses, or salary.