Computer Sciences Corp

Relevance Date Difficulty

Consultant Interview

Consultant
Falls Church, VA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Computer Sciences Corp in June 2011.

Interview Details – Hiring and interview process was extensive. Met with several managers, possible future co-workers and human resources. Their orientation program was not very strong and had too much basic information and wasn't very insightful. I did like how they paired you up with buddies to learn about the organization. Lead recruiter was very good at following-up and scheduling interviews. I do not think management sold the job very well and promised things that did not come true to life. May have been just a management issues and not reflective of the whole company.

Interview Question – How can you add value to the organization TODAY?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Was able to negotiate a little with salary and time.

Senior Business Analyst Interview

Senior Business Analyst
Washington, DC

I applied online - interviewed at Computer Sciences Corp in May 2012.

Interview Details – A little strange. I was prepared to be grilled and answer a lot of detailed and curve-ball questions about my background and experience. Instead the three people I interviewed with all seemed to be more concerned about getting to know me. Once I joined I discovered that team fit was a bigger concern than discussing the minutae of my resume. Made sense when a poor fit for th team I worked on was hired - it was very disruptive of a team that otherwise hummed like a precision tool.

Interview Question – There were none - assessment of personality was main thrust of the interview.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was offered the top of my salary range, but everything else was non-negotiable.

Claims Coordinator Interview

Claims Coordinator
Blythewood, SC

I applied online - interviewed at Computer Sciences Corp in March 2011.

Interview Details – I submitted my application once. I made several follow-up calls. I finally got an interview and five days later made another follow-up call; I was offered the position.

Interview Question – Describe a difficult task assigned and how did I handle completing it on time.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – CSC does not negotiate.

Account General Manager Interview

Account General Manager

Interviewed at Computer Sciences Corp

Interview Details – - very focused process
- dealt with both HR and the functional line management
- slow to make an offer
- seemed like there was a lot of internal approval
- challenge in getting interview scheduled on a timely basis
- HR provided coaching on expectations for the position
- was able to speak with others in the position as part of the interview process

Interview Question – How would you rate our company's ability to sell against your company.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – little room for negotiation, got some additional consideration, but it seems that they're locked into salary ranges

Accounting Associate Interview

Accounting Associate

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Computer Sciences Corp.

Interview Details – 1 phone interview and one in person

Interview Question – They ask you about your most recent experience   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Event Staff Interview

Event Staff
Toledo, OH

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Computer Sciences Corp in May 2011.

Interview Details – Training and interview all in one day. Very long but you get paid. Only 5 questions (very basic)!

Interview Question – What do you do with a drunk attendee?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – None

Billing Accountant Interview

Billing Accountant
Falls Church, VA

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Computer Sciences Corp in July 2013.

Interview Details – For this position, I had one face-to-face interview with two billing managers at the Falls Church office. The interview lasted about an hour. The questions were pretty general, and we reviewed my resume. There would have been questions about Costpoint skills, but I had never used the program before. After the interview, I had to submit a writing sample.

Interview Question – The most difficult portion was the writing test. I was given hypothetical emails and had to formulate a professional response. There were 6 question options, and I had to answer a minimum of three.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation.

Senior Logistics Associate Interview

Senior Logistics Associate
San Diego, CA

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Computer Sciences Corp in May 2010.

Interview Details – Phone interview. In person interview. Phone interview for salary negotiation. Very relaxed interview process. Had feeling hiring manager was looking for cheapest qualified person. Confirmed.

Interview Question – Salary from previous job.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Zero time to decide.

Very Easy Interview

Business Analyst Interview

Business Analyst
Albany, NY

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Computer Sciences Corp in May 2013.

Interview Details – Phone Interview and then a one on one interview

Interview Question – Nothing was difficult   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – The HR is really good

Staff Consultant NPS Interview

Staff Consultant NPS

Interviewed at Computer Sciences Corp

Interview Details – 3 phone interviews, very detailed with current on site project managers.

Interview Question – Example of past solution work and how it could fit with the current project that was described by the interviewer   Answer Question