Computer Sciences Corp Project Manager Interview Questions

Updated Jul 11, 2015

3.1

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 9+ months. I interviewed at Computer Sciences Corp.

Interview

Your resume is assumed to be self-explanatory of your experience and ability, so don't expect too many questions. They probably wont hire you at first, but instead use a cheesy contract emloyment agency to underpay you without so much as a day if holiday pay. after 3 and 6 and maybe even 9 months they'll make it sound like you're priveliged to get your crappy temp contract renewed before they'll ever consider hiring you on. This is a very long, detailed, and strenuous task. Imagine getting hired by the fbi or nsa and you'll get the picture. Be sure to have every form if id possible and the last 10 years of employment history available with exact dates.

Interview Questions

• Would you feel comfortable managing 10 to 20 inexperienced subcontractors to complete a very complex project in record time with very little room for error while working 60-80 hours per week, nights and weekends required?   2 Answers

Negotiation

There's virtually no room to negotiate

Other Interview Reviews for Computer Sciences Corp

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hartford, CT

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Computer Sciences Corp (Hartford, CT) in December 2011.

Interview

Knew someone at the company. Sent resume directly to their manager. Interviewed by phone. 2 interviews by phone. Received offer by maiil. The paperwork such as background, credit and security takes a few weeks. You get the onboarding training coming in the door. If you are virtual employee you will need to come into the nearest location. To get your access to network/email etc takes about a week or more longer for account access. Mentor may or may not be assigned.

Interview Questions

• What was you most difficult project and how did you handle it?   1 Answer

Negotiation

You get a letter and you negotiate with human resources rep.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Falls Church, VA

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Computer Sciences Corp (Falls Church, VA) in May 2011.

Interview

1. Recruiter Contacted Me about a Position. 2. Applied to the position. 3.Phone Screen with the Recruiter. 4.Technical Phone Screen with an Employee. 5. In Person Interview with 3 Senior VP Employees. 6.Phone Screen with Partner. 7.Drug Test. 8. Background Check 9. Offer and Accepted This was the most intense interview process that I have been through but it was set up to attract strong performers in your field. Make sure you really prep yourself on how your skills will help CSC. Mostly behavioral questions about how you react to situations and how your background helped you get you where you are.

Interview Questions

• How do your skills benefit CSC?   1 Answer
    • Whar questions do you have?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Nickle and Dime.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Computer Sciences Corp (Los Angeles, CA) in March 2011.

Interview

client work driven. pretty good screening by clients. Its pure consulting more individual driven. not company driven. if you do your prep right not a problem. its more situation based discussion

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Computer Sciences Corp in February 2010.

Interview

They did telephonic interview. Questions were easy. Basically my profile matched with the requirement of their client. I was able to answer all the questions. After that HR called me for final job offer. Overall good experience.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Albany, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Computer Sciences Corp (Albany, NY) in October 2009.

Interview

Hired as contractor through recruiting agency. Met with hiring manager, who explained position and asked a few simple questions regarding the usage of Microsoft Project. Simple and straightforward.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

None

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Computer Sciences Corp.

Interview

Its straight forward and easy process. I had gone through 3 rounds of face to face discussions and later HR discussion. Interview panel was supportive and cooperative. Interview panel was supportive and cooperative. Interview panel was supportive and cooperative.

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Computer Sciences Corp (Bangalore (India)) in February 2012.

Interview

Interview process was good and questions asked during discussion were relevant to the position applied. The only delay was b/w the 1st and 2nd round of discussions. Final round post Hiring Manager discussion was about communication...not sure how this is relevant since I've 10+ years of work exp and also hv solid onsite exp.

Interview Questions

• Project Scope, Cost estimation and Time Management related questions   1 Answer

Negotiation

Not much...I requested 'X' package and was offered 5%-7% less

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Computer Sciences Corp in February 2012.

Interview

First thing that was asked by the interviewers were, "What do you know about our company?". Secondly, the proceeded to ask about a program which no one really knows anything about. Third, the asked the usual questions, "where do you see yourself in 3-5 years?", "tell us about a difficult/positive situation" etc... Finally, the asked, 'how much money do you want to make?". When I gave them my previous salary requirements for essentially the same job they replied, "that's a little too high". I have heard that this company was cheap, but really? That did not give me a warm and fuzzy. Neither when they said this was a "fixed-price" contract. Uh-oh!

Interview Questions

• How much money do you want to make?   1 Answer

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Computer Sciences Corp in December 2011.

Interview

The interview with the hiring manager went fine. She put me totally at ease and was friendly and professional. Then I interviewed with one of her project managers who asked some tough questions but who was also very professional. The work culture seemed pretty formal, dress code was business dress and CSC was very concerned with providing the best possible service for the customer. He mentioned that the customer is pretty hard to please.

Interview Questions

• I was asked to describe a challenge that I experienced in my last job.   Answer Question