Computer Sciences Corp

Average Difficulty
9 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Hartford, CT

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Computer Sciences Corp in December 2011.

Interview Details – Knew someone at the company. Sent resume directly to their manager. Interviewed by phone. 2 interviews by phone. Received offer by maiil. The paperwork such as background, credit and security takes a few weeks. You get the onboarding training coming in the door. If you are virtual employee you will need to come into the nearest location. To get your access to network/email etc takes about a week or more longer for account access. Mentor may or may not be assigned.

Interview Question – What was you most difficult project and how did you handle it?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – You get a letter and you negotiate with human resources rep.

Albany, NY

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Computer Sciences Corp in October 2009.

Interview Details – Hired as contractor through recruiting agency. Met with hiring manager, who explained position and asked a few simple questions regarding the usage of Microsoft Project. Simple and straightforward.

Interview Question – None   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – None

Very Difficult Interview

Falls Church, VA

The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Computer Sciences Corp in May 2011.

Interview Details – 1. Recruiter Contacted Me about a Position.
2. Applied to the position.
3.Phone Screen with the Recruiter.
4.Technical Phone Screen with an Employee.
5. In Person Interview with 3 Senior VP Employees.
6.Phone Screen with Partner.
7.Drug Test.
8. Background Check
9. Offer and Accepted

This was the most intense interview process that I have been through but it was set up to attract strong performers in your field. Make sure you really prep yourself on how your skills will help CSC. Mostly behavioral questions about how you react to situations and how your background helped you get you where you are.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – Nickle and Dime.

Very Easy Interview

Bangalore (India)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Computer Sciences Corp in May 2011.

Interview Details – Interview happened on phone, never met my manger for an year.

Negotiation Details – They would offer what you ask.

Noida (India)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Computer Sciences Corp in July 2011.

Interview Details – Very kewl and nice interview experience unlike folks sitting out in companies like HCL, TSYS

Interview Question – Procurement related thing which is not 100% in PMs hand while handling project   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – NA

Montreal, QC (Canada)

I applied through a recruiter - interviewed at Computer Sciences Corp in May 2009.

Interview Details – Good communication. Started as consultant and then get hired as permanent. Been tested as consultant and then hired.Challenging environment. Good management. not very good HR. Unfriendly attitude. not vey good technical support and equipment

Interview Question – none   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – been able to negotiate because I had some other opportunity

Bangalore (India)

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Computer Sciences Corp in February 2012.

Interview Details – Interview process was good and questions asked during discussion were relevant to the position applied. The only delay was b/w the 1st and 2nd round of discussions. Final round post Hiring Manager discussion was about communication...not sure how this is relevant since I've 10+ years of work exp and also hv solid onsite exp.

Interview Question – Project Scope, Cost estimation and Time Management related questions   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Not much...I requested 'X' package and was offered 5%-7% less

Project Manager

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at Computer Sciences Corp in December 2011.

Interview Details – The interview with the hiring manager went fine. She put me totally at ease and was friendly and professional. Then I interviewed with one of her project managers who asked some tough questions but who was also very professional. The work culture seemed pretty formal, dress code was business dress and CSC was very concerned with providing the best possible service for the customer. He mentioned that the customer is pretty hard to please.

Interview Question – I was asked to describe a challenge that I experienced in my last job.   Answer Question

Project Manager

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Computer Sciences Corp in February 2012.

Interview Details – First thing that was asked by the interviewers were, "What do you know about our company?". Secondly, the proceeded to ask about a program which no one really knows anything about. Third, the asked the usual questions, "where do you see yourself in 3-5 years?", "tell us about a difficult/positive situation" etc... Finally, the asked, 'how much money do you want to make?". When I gave them my previous salary requirements for essentially the same job they replied, "that's a little too high". I have heard that this company was cheap, but really? That did not give me a warm and fuzzy. Neither when they said this was a "fixed-price" contract. Uh-oh!

Interview Question – How much money do you want to make?   View Answer

Worked for Computer Sciences Corp? Contribute to the Community!