Computer Sciences Corp Senior Project Manager Interview Questions

2.7

7 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Austin, TX
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 months - interviewed at Computer Sciences Corp in April 2014.

CSC has no central hiring mechanism. it is scattered at best. It takes months to get through the process if then do not loose your resume

other offers were better

Other Interview Reviews for Computer Sciences Corp

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Stennis Space Center, MS
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stennis Space Center, MS

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Computer Sciences Corp in January 2012.

Phone screen was brief. In person interview was very comfortable. The people there were welcoming. I met with several people for spoke at length with the Manager of the PMO. He and I discussed the culture of the data center environment, stress level and the facts surrounding working in a government related environment. I thought the interview process was fair to myself as well as the employer.
    I was made to feel very comfortable as soon as I walked in. I was told to shed

Interview Questions
    • Why do you want to work in this high stressed environment?   View Answer
    There was no negotiation. It was presented as a take it or leave it opportunity.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New Haven, CT
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Haven, CT

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Computer Sciences Corp.

Often times peformed over the phone with easily more then two calls. First call is basic with follow ons more detailed.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 5+ months - interviewed at Computer Sciences Corp in April 2010.

2 Rounds In-person and 1 with client

Horrible it took them 3 months to onboard while you are working as a contractor

Senior Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Bangalore (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Computer Sciences Corp in January 2010.

Standard/common questions with average difficulty
    1.One technical panel interview,
    2. followed by client interview,
    3. finally senior management interview . Process took almost 6 weeks. After that offer were released.

Interview Questions
    • Standard/common questions with average difficulty
      1.One technical panel interview,
      2. followed by client interview,
      3. finally senior management interview . Process took almost 6 weeks
        Answer Question

Senior Project Manager Interview

The process took 5 weeks - interviewed at Computer Sciences Corp in August 2011.

I applied for a different position initially, and received a pleasant phone interview. Due to my salary request, the hiring manager said it was out of range for the position. I thought that would be the end of it; however, the hiring manager called me back and said my skill set would be very well suited to a project management position (I am a PMP) and told me HR had been requested to transfer my resume to the new position and that he anticipated HR would call with an offer soon.

HR contacted me and asked me to answer a few more application questions online, and then shortly thereafter I received a verbal offer. I was told that they didn't like to make the written offer until I accepted the verbal offer first. I asked to have the benefits information (including cost of the benefits) sent to me to review before I gave my acceptance. I also asked if the vacation time was negotiable--all standard things that any potential employee would/should ask. It took TWO WEEKS for HR to just sent me the benefits information and even then they didn't provide the costs so that I could compare to my current position benefits. As soon as I reviewed that, I gave them my verbal acceptance that same day and then expected to receive the written offer.

After another full week of calling and leaving voice messages for HR rep to see what the next steps would be, I finally got a call. The HR representative then told me that my resume had not been approved by the client (???) and they would have to rescind my offer. I would have expected that any standard HR process would be that you have any and all necessary approvals BEFORE giving a candidate an offer. When I said that, she agreed and said she didn't know what had happened with the hiring manager, that she had never worked with him before, etc. When I asked what deficiency was noted by the client with regard to my resume she had no idea. She then asked if I had a degree??? Now, this is HR asking me that question--when they have a copy of my resume that clearly shows that I have TWO degrees--a bachelor's and a master's degree.

When I asked her if I could discuss this further with the hiring manager to be sure there was no misunderstanding about whether or not I had a degree, she said no--that she wanted everything to go through her. She said she would try to get the hiring manager to call me. As expected, I have received NO information at all. This after almost 6 weeks of wasting my time, being unresponsive, etc.

I have to wonder what would have happened had I accepted the offer immediately? Would they have realize after they hired me that "oops...client didn't approve the resume"??? This position involved a relocation for which I had already incurred some expenses to plan for housing, etc. With all of the many calls from the hiring manager initially, I was lead to believe they couldn't wait for me to get out to their location and get started.

At the very least, I simply wanted to hear what when wrong. If there was a deficiency on my resume, I wanted an opportunity to at least discuss what that was, but I have been given no opportunity to do that.

I now consider CSC to be one of the most unprofessional organizations I have ever had experience with. HR is rude and unresponsive, and apparently clueless about what the hiring managers are doing. HR gives this organization a huge black eye.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked if I had a degree after I had already been given a verbal offer of a position!   View Answer

Senior Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  City of London, England (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in City of London, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at Computer Sciences Corp in July 2008.

talked about ptojetc risks

Interview Questions

Worked for Computer Sciences Corp? Contribute to the Community!