Computer Sciences Corp Senior Software Engineer Interview Questions

Updated Aug 20, 2015

3.1

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Interview

I had a 3 round interview process out of which 1 was the Client interview.

Other Interview Reviews for Computer Sciences Corp

Anonymous Employee in Columbia, MD

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a week. I interviewed at Computer Sciences Corp (Columbia, MD) in November 2012.

Interview

They found my resume on dice.com and called me. They set up a 1 hour phone interview which was all about determining if my personality was a good fit and also that I had all the skills they needed. Then they scheduled a 1 hour face-to-face. I was in and out in 45 minutes. It was awesome that they didn't grill me for hours.

Interview Questions

• elasticsearch stops responding, how would you diagnose and fix it.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Computer Sciences Corp (Baltimore, MD) in May 2010.

Interview

Very long. Lots of paperwork.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

there wasn't any.

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Computer Sciences Corp (Washington, DC) in October 2009.

Interview

I submitted my resume and received a call two days later. I interviewed the next day. I was interviewed by all the developers and the project manager at the same time. The interview wasn't very technical. They told me what they were working on and asked me a bit about my resume. They didn't ask me silly questions like "explain the Factory pattern" and "is java pass by reference or pass by value." It lasted about 45 minutes. It was very relaxed and was more of a back and forth story exchange.

Interview Questions

• I always have a bit of problem in interviews explaining myself clearly and coherently. Blame it on nerves or social anxiety or whatever. There were not difficult technical questions which I found surprising. Most interviews are these gotcha situations which honestly never have much significance to real life software developer situations. It was pretty relaxed.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I wanted more vacation time but they declined and offered me an extra week's pay instead.

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Computer Sciences Corp (Boston, MA) in January 2009.

Interview

It took all day and interview 5 different programmer and PM. Different technical skills. One guy asked SQL questions other was more on OOP. Generally they don't sweat to much.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

It was C2C position for me. No negotiations.

Anonymous Employee in Cambridge, MA

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Computer Sciences Corp (Cambridge, MA) in October 2008.

Interview

I switched from a subcontractor to CSC. I was a known quantity. All requirements were met through observed work performance. In general, interviews are normally rather detailed, many people are involved, perhaps a technical test will be required.

Interview Questions

• Questions will involve technical details of languages and best practices. CMMI, ITIL based questions are also likely.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was unable to obtain a 3rd week of vacation to match my previous employer - so I asked for 2% more income to cover loss. It was granted. I took an additional week a year off without pay covered by the increase.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Noida (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Computer Sciences Corp (Noida (India)) in May 2015.

Interview

They took 2 rounds, and that were some technical but not to much hard to crack. The whole process take around 3 hours. After two round HR said your both rounds are clear and we will call you. After about 15 days, i got a call from same HR, and she said, actually for the project you was hire,there is no more opening. So please come for a different project in which we have opening, and it will be a managerial round as technically already clear but when i went there, two guys are there and they again start asking me technical question. So i told them whole story, they said they do not have any such information. They start asking me very basic question, static variable and all this...then i ask for what technology you are looking for...they said JSF...I told them i have never work on that..and i have not mention in my resume also..after this only some formalities are done by those 2 guys..and they leave..saying that HR will inform you..i waited there for 1/2 hour but no reply from HR...then i leave....very unprofessional and unfaithful way of conducting interview.....

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Computer Sciences Corp.

Interview

Interview had three level of discussion, Technical, Client and HR. The first Level of Technical Interview was held in CSC and second level of technical discussion happende in Client Venue

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Computer Sciences Corp.

Interview

The hiring process was quite elaborate including two written tests, one technical interview, one behavioral interview and one salary negotiation with HR. It took about 5 weeks from application to an offer.

Interview Questions

• We are not interested in your skills, now tell us what will you bring to the company ?   1 Answer

Negotiation

It was tough as the HR manager had her limitations. Finally we settled midway of her and my offers.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Computer Sciences Corp.

Interview

My Profile got searched through Naukri.com by the HR personnel of CSC India and then they have called me for first round of interview, which is a telephonic one. As discussed with CSC HR, I have received a call for the telephonic interview, it goes smooth. Then I have been called for Second round of interview, which is face to face. After clearing both the rounds, I have been go through the third round of interview, which is Project Manager round and then the finalone,HR round. After clearing al of the I received the offer latter. And then finally join CSC.