Computer Sciences Corp

Updated Oct 14, 2014

3.2

37 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Software Engineer Interview

easy interview, 5 interview rounds, general aptitude, communication skills, computer science skills

Other Interview Reviews for Computer Sciences Corp

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Egg Harbor Township, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Egg Harbor Township, NJ

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Computer Sciences Corp in February 2014.

The interview can be intimidating to newer candidates getting into the working world. It was 6 senior managers and myself in a room. They were all very friendly and professional. They took turns asking basic questions about my knowledge and several behavioral questions. It lasted about an hour and left feeling good about my chances of being employed.

Interview Questions
    They are very negotiable and worked very well meeting my requests. I couldn't be happier.

1:1 interview

Interview Questions
    • Entry level so found dome difficulty, otherwise not tough.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Computer Sciences Corp in July 2011.

Written test with around 40-50 multiple choice questions from the Computer Science and Electronics field followed by a technical interview in person with basic questions on OOP concepts, Computer architecture, etc. After technical round, there is a Communication skills round where you are given any topic and you have to speak for about a minute and finally the HR round.

Interview Questions
    • There were lot of questions on ICs and microprocessor chips in the written round. Difficult for software folks.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Computer Sciences Corp in February 2011.

Phone interview and face-to-face interview.

No negotiation.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Computer Sciences Corp in June 2010.

The interview process starts through a contracting company. Once you show that you have the skills to fit a position then a interview is scheduled with leadership of the team that you would join. Detailed questions and even written test around your skilled areas will be presented. The contracting company typically prepares you for this approach.

Interview Questions
    • Define or create simple SQL statements   View Answer
    • Project Management and leadership type questions.   View Answer
    Check with other contract companies to see if they have the same position available. One may offer more money then the other.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Simi Valley, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Simi Valley, CA

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Computer Sciences Corp in April 2010.

it was gud

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Crystal City, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Crystal City, VA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Computer Sciences Corp in March 2010.

Applied through Indeed.com and received an email back from a Hiring Manager. I drove from Raleigh to Washington D.C. and did a panel interview with two other engineers and a 1:1 with the project manager. The initial interview was for a Systems Engineering role using a software tool called "Kennedy-Carter." After two weeks I received notice that the position had been filled, but that there was another opening with another team in the same division. Drove back to Washington, D.C. and had a face-to-face with the two leaders of this second team. No specific problem-solution questions, all behavioral and historical questions. They were looking to gauge my intelligence and cultural fit. About one week later, I received an offer letter. Went on to have a nearly 5-year career on that team.

Interview Questions
    • Describe in detail the algorithms you have implemented and/or the research you have performed.   Answer Question
    I was unemployed at the time and had been for several months, so I accepted the initial offer, which was more than I had made in the past.

Software Engineer Interview

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a weekinterviewed at Computer Sciences Corp.

Both technical and HR discussions happened over phone. Interview duration was around 30 mins, was asked as per project requirements.

Interview Questions
    It was OK, I could have negotiated better though.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Noida (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Noida (India)

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Computer Sciences Corp in March 2014.

1) Written test: 100 questions (40 quant+verbal, 60 technical) + essay in 90 minutes.
    2) communication round: extempore or direct questions(eg. tell me something about yourself).
    3) technical interview :depends on the panel. Some may ask dbms, some may ask java, hardware, OS etc...
    4) HR round: basic questions like family background, why csc etc... just show your willingness to join the company.