Computer Sciences Corp

44 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Receptionist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Crystal City, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Crystal City, VA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at Computer Sciences Corp.

offer letter mailed, did drug testing relatively simple 15 years ago from my understanding process has changed so i can not give much more information on how the process works now i am what is considered one of the old timers

Senior Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Falls Church, VA

I applied online – interviewed at Computer Sciences Corp in June 2014.

RIDICULOUS! I had three phone interviews for an ADMIN JOB. CSC's biggest mistake is to have low-level admins previously in the role they are recruiting for call potential candidates. I first noticed that this old woman was checking all of my online profiles, so before she called me, she was fully aware how much more experienced I am than she. It was clear when she called me that she had already made her mind up about me prior to speaking. It was the most unprofessional interview I've ever encountered. I answered my phone 10 minutes later than initially scheduled to a woman saying "Is this [Name]? So, tell me about yourself? After some talk, she said "it seems you're single so you should have plenty of time to be available after hours, late at night and on weekends to work." Mind you, this was after the previous two interviewers told me this didn't occur much. What on bloody earth does being single have to do with being available? I would venture to say that SINGLE PEOPLE ARE BUSIER THAN MARRIED ONES and it was VERY CLEAR the interview then went downhill because I was not going to proceed very well at that point. It was VERY CLEAR in her hurried manner they either had the position filled, and she was going though the motions (wasting my time) OR, as previously mentioned, she made her mind up prior to calling that she just didn't want someone better than her in that role. Upon reviewing her LinkedIn profile, which is in complete shambles with misspellings at that, I instantly felt better about not proceeding with CSC. This woman essentially stalked me online days before calling to drum up some assessment and she was OUTRAGEOUSLY UNPROFESSIONAL. I couldn't believe it.

CSC is going to get slapped with an EEO suit if they don't change their ways. They clearly have not even looked into her "interview skills" to determine that her etiquette is unacceptable. Furthermore, to have some former employee who now works at home (laugh) telling candidates they have to be available on call like doctors for an admin job paying below $70k is a joke. I won't be applying for any more positions at CSC. it's clear that they aren't used to top notch administrative professionals and they don't pay for anything other than what was demonstrated on that call.

Senior Network Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Falls Church, VA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Computer Sciences Corp.

Long time ago.. Detailed technical interview.. know your stuff.. Your TCP flags.. Basic networking, trouble shooting, Access lists, Firewall rules.. BLAH BLAH

Interview Questions
    Counter offer came back with another.. accepted that

Training Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Computer Sciences Corp.

Over the phone, multiple interviews. Sent in background information along with resume, quizzed on training material development and sustaining training for product. Very relaxed call.

Interview Questions
    • If you were a bowl of fruit, what fruit would you be?   View Answer
    Once they knew I was going to accept, I was handed off to HR. Negotiated time off/salary/benefits. They were very receptive to changing my vacation days to fit with my years of experience vice new employee (normally start with 10 days a year, but I started with 15 days a year).

Associate Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Falls Church, VA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Computer Sciences Corp in November 2013.

Three phone interviews

Interview Questions
    • Nothing was really difficult. Just relate your experience to what the position is looking for   Answer Question

SAP Technical Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Falls Church, VA

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Computer Sciences Corp in November 2013.

Everything is accurate based on the requirements provided unlike a few companies that go over what they need. Since the interview was for a technical role, the interview was solely concentrated on the tech stuff. Only one round of telephonic interview.

Since it was a contract role, it took less than a few hours

Senior Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Computer Sciences Corp.

Lunch invitation with project mgr and retiring employee whose position I would fill. They were less formally dressed than I expected but was relieved they were unsophisticated.

Interview Questions
    Add ten percent to their offer and see if they accept.

Project Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Falls Church, VA

I applied online – interviewed at Computer Sciences Corp in July 2013.

I was called by the recruiter after posting my resume for a week. The recruiter was very friendly, After having 3 in-person interviews I was informed by the recruiter that she was leaving the company and that I should follow up with the HR Business unit who never returned my calls. I even sent an email. Very unprofessional

Billing Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Falls Church, VA

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Computer Sciences Corp in July 2013.

For this position, I had one face-to-face interview with two billing managers at the Falls Church office. The interview lasted about an hour. The questions were pretty general, and we reviewed my resume. There would have been questions about Costpoint skills, but I had never used the program before. After the interview, I had to submit a writing sample.

Interview Questions
    • The most difficult portion was the writing test. I was given hypothetical emails and had to formulate a professional response. There were 6 question options, and I had to answer a minimum of three.   Answer Question
    There was no negotiation.

Associate Environmental Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Computer Sciences Corp.

Applied for the job through the CSC career's website, received a call by phone within 5 business days, answered several questions over the phone, follow up 1-3 interview at work location, waited 5-10 business days before receiving official letter of employment. Interviewers were from multiple levels within the group the job was advertised and provided clarity for what the job entailed. Interview was brief 20-30min in length.

Interview Questions
    • Technical data review related questions, expected to grow into adopting the quality review process when/if hired.   Answer Question
    Entry level position, negotiation of a minor pay increase from what was offered in line with additional experience over potential other candidates.