Computer Task Group Interview Questions

Updated Apr 10, 2015

2.3

Software Test Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Computer Task Group.

Interview

The initial interview at CTG was almost totally non-technical. Seemed to be largely a verification of the resume and assessment of inter-personal communications skills. Technical questions were asked by the client.

Interview Questions

• No really difficult questions were asked by either CTG or the client.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I did not attempt to negotiate as I needed the job and I incorrectly believed that there would be reviews and raises.

W-2Contractor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Computer Task Group (Pittsburgh, PA).

Interview

Since this is basically a staffing agency, the interview with Computer Task Group was based on the specific clients need. They went through what seemed like a basic checklist that the client had assembled. There were no surprises since they had pre-screened the candidates for the qualifications as directed by the client.

Interview Questions

• Nothing out of the ordinary for a contracting assignment.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Very limited negotiation on rate.

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Buffalo, NY

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Computer Task Group (Buffalo, NY).

Interview

I had one interview with a local recruiter at Dunkin' Donuts (yes!) and two interviews with Project Director at client site. Questions were mostly about work ethic/commitment, technical skills, and problem-solving abilities.

Negotiation

I was unable to negotiate because salary was limited by grant funding and this was a "take it or leave it" offer. I was told I could renegotiate after the first assignment/grant ended but HR would not put that in writing because they keep their word. Renegotiation did not happen after repeated requests and meetings.

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Computer Task Group in June 2014.

Interview

Online application; phone and email contacts with recruiter. Changed my schedule to accommodate the demands of the recruiter for a specific time and day. No phone screen offered. I was told the client would promote from within if I did not interview right away. When reviewing tactics used here with a former coworker, he had a similar experience.

Interview Questions

• Knowledge of items listed in job description was specifically called out as work experience by interviewers. Recruiter said the knowledge was not found in the area, so did not need to be specific. There was a huge disconnect here; wasted interviewers time, my time and gas money.   1 Answer

Managing Director Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Computer Task Group.

Interview

Informal. Several casual meetings, that first started as simple networking get togethers. After the second one, they expressed interest in having me join them. That was never my intent, but sometimes these things happen.

Interview Questions

• Nothing really difficult. A few were conceptual in nature. Such as what's the next big thing?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Projected themselves as flexible and accommodating, but behavior was rigid and unyielding. Heavily specified, but difficult-to-measure criteria for payout of bonus. Higher than desired component of compensation was "at risk."

Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Computer Task Group (New York, NY) in March 2014.

Interview

Just as usual.. client interviewed and took the exam. after passing the exam, i was selected for the position..but sometime you feel client does not know what they want.. because the exam that they conduct was technical questions, you can find them any where in internet.

EDI Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Delray Beach, FL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Computer Task Group (Delray Beach, FL) in April 2013.

Interview

I was hired without much fuss in the interview process. Essentially they asked me if I was qualified and I was and they offered me $ that I could not refuse. Every interchange with the staff at CTG and the company I am farmed out to has been both professional and friendly. In fact, I'm more comfortable with both the people at CTG and the hiring company than I am with other people I've worked with for years.

Interview Questions

• My position is not technical so the questions were not technical and I knew more about EDI than the person interviewing me or anyone currently on their staff so I didn't get asked much other than if I was qualified and if I wanted the job.   1 Answer

Negotiation

The person interviewing me asked me what rate I was looking for. I gave my usual reply, that i would listen to what they were offering. And they said, "Oh why am I [the interviewer] making this complicated? The pay is.." and they told me the pay, which was good pay.

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Interview

Hiring and interview PROCESS ok. Think they low-ball on salaries

Systems Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Computer Task Group.

Interview

Was pretty easy going

Interview Questions

• None // previous conflict with employee question   1 Answer

Negotiation

Took the offer they gave, pay was good.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Computer Task Group (Chicago, IL) in January 2012.

Interview

Two Phone Interviews with CTG consultants and One phone interview with client

Negotiation

Nothing , no negotiation ..either take it or leave it attitude