Computer Task Group

2.3

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Buffalo, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Buffalo, NY

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Computer Task Group.

I had one interview with a local recruiter at Dunkin' Donuts (yes!) and two interviews with Project Director at client site. Questions were mostly about work ethic/commitment, technical skills, and problem-solving abilities.

I was unable to negotiate because salary was limited by grant funding and this was a "take it or leave it" offer. I was told I could renegotiate after the first assignment/grant ended but HR would not put that in writing because they keep their word. Renegotiation did not happen after repeated requests and meetings.

Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Computer Task Group in June 2014.

Online application; phone and email contacts with recruiter. Changed my schedule to accommodate the demands of the recruiter for a specific time and day. No phone screen offered. I was told the client would promote from within if I did not interview right away. When reviewing tactics used here with a former coworker, he had a similar experience.

Interview Questions
    • Knowledge of items listed in job description was specifically called out as work experience by interviewers. Recruiter said the knowledge was not found in the area, so did not need to be specific. There was a huge disconnect here; wasted interviewers time, my time and gas money.   View Answer

Managing Director Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Computer Task Group.

Informal. Several casual meetings, that first started as simple networking get togethers. After the second one, they expressed interest in having me join them. That was never my intent, but sometimes these things happen.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing really difficult. A few were conceptual in nature. Such as what's the next big thing?   View Answer
    Projected themselves as flexible and accommodating, but behavior was rigid and unyielding. Heavily specified, but difficult-to-measure criteria for payout of bonus. Higher than desired component of compensation was "at risk."

EDI Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Delray Beach, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Delray Beach, FL

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at Computer Task Group in April 2013.

I was hired without much fuss in the interview process. Essentially they asked me if I was qualified and I was and they offered me $ that I could not refuse. Every interchange with the staff at CTG and the company I am farmed out to has been both professional and friendly. In fact, I'm more comfortable with both the people at CTG and the hiring company than I am with other people I've worked with for years.

Interview Questions
    • My position is not technical so the questions were not technical and I knew more about EDI than the person interviewing me or anyone currently on their staff so I didn't get asked much other than if I was qualified and if I wanted the job.   View Answer
    The person interviewing me asked me what rate I was looking for. I gave my usual reply, that i would listen to what they were offering. And they said, "Oh why am I [the interviewer] making this complicated? The pay is.." and they told me the pay, which was good pay.

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Hiring and interview PROCESS ok. Think they low-ball on salaries

Systems Analyst Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Computer Task Group.

Was pretty easy going

Interview Questions
    • None // previous conflict with employee question   View Answer
    Took the offer they gave, pay was good.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Computer Task Group in January 2012.

Two Phone Interviews with CTG consultants and One phone interview with client

Nothing , no negotiation ..either take it or leave it attitude

QA Test Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Research Triangle Park, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Research Triangle Park, NC

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Computer Task Group in June 2011.

On site interview went well

Interview Questions
    • They just wanted basic knowledge, more personal questions than technical questions.   Answer Question
    No problems

Bilingual IT Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Painted Post, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Painted Post, NY

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Computer Task Group in June 2011.

My first interview was with the Frontline Supervisor, a Bilingual Senior member to test my Spanish, and another lead. They held questions and seem to be content with my answers. Afterwards, I sat with the Bilingual senior member to listen to a few phone calls on what the job would be like. Overall, a great interview.

Interview Questions
    • Where do you see yourself in five years?   View Answer
    I was able to negotiate the base rate of pay.

Technical Writer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boulder, CO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boulder, CO

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Computer Task Group in March 2011.

The hiring process was quick and efficient. They called me. The initial interview was by phone. They asked to see me. I drove to Boulder and answered their questions, making it very clear that I had just graduated with my B.Sc. in Tech Comm. They seemed unconcerned.

The next interview was with CTG’s client, Ricoh InfoPrint. The interview went well. I stressed that I was still a newbie and would probably need at least a six-month learning curve, if not longer. They said no problem. I was hired that day and started a week later.

All in all, the process took about two weeks.

Interview Questions
    • I do not recall a difficult or unexpected question. They were straightforward, asking questions about knowledge, skills, and abilities rather than the usual "Where do you see yourself in five years" nonsense.   Answer Question
    They offered me $25/hr. I accepted. No negotiation.