Computer and Engineering Services

Candidate Interview Review

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Auburn Hills, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Auburn Hills, MI

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at Computer and Engineering Services in May 2010.

CES is a contract house which essentially hires workers for at least one Detroit Automotive OEM. The phone interview with them was very basic, and the only point was to screen me before they presented me to the OEM for a real interview. The real interview was with one manager who asked me a few questions off my resume for a half-hour and then had to run to another meeting. He dropped me off with an employee who gave me a tour of the facility.

CES mainly stayed out of the way during my employment with them, but there was one instance where they printed that they offered 10 days of paid vacation, but later sent out an email saying it was a mistake and that they would only be giving 5 days. Pretty unprofessional, and to top it off, they denied that it was a change in policy, but rather a "clarification."

Interview Questions
    The initial offer was higher than I expected, so I did not feel the need to negotiate.