Computershare

Updated Nov 28, 2014
Updated Nov 28, 2014

2.9

Client Service Representative Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Computershare.

Submitted application via CareerBuilder. Was contacted soon after (by HR I think...?) - came to office for interview. Met with a CSR for a while then had two calls after; one with who would be my direct manager and the other with the head of the department. Both calls lasted about an hour. Fairly informal. It was more about seeing if you would be a good both personality fit as well they wanted "hungry" people - that wanted to learn; someone dynamic

I knew there was a range and it was based on experience. I was offered upfront the middle of the scale. I probably should have negotiated, I think they would have gone higher, not that much but hey more is more.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Canton, MA

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Computershare.

I had an initial phone screening interview with HR and then I was asked to come in and interview with 4 other individuals in addition to hr again. Everyone was really nice to interview with. HR's face to face interview was a repeat of phone interview and was more like a hiring manager interview(Never had HR interview like it). I've never known anyone who worked there so.....Since hr didn't provide me with the basic company culture info, I had to ask all those "wrong" questions....salary range, company culture: flexibility, schedule etc. When I asked those questions I noticed complete and utter discord in the air between us ... facial expressions changed, no more eye contact....was then told to ask the hiring manager. Yikes! ask the hiring manager questions about the culture of company?.....ok, maybe he'll be understanding and he'd welcome my curious nature.... and base their decision on my skills (my skill set fit the position to a T)....Wrong again.....discord rippled through the air between us and I saw it was the kiss of death with the averted eye contact and vague answers. I've asked for neg/pos feedback on my interview and didn't get a response.

Client Services Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Novato, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Novato, CA

I applied online. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at Computershare in January 2014.

I was reached by a recruiter. had 1 phone interview- I was then asked to come in for 2 more interviews. Pretty typical interview questions but the biggest issue is its been over a month and they have NEVER gotten back to me- How hard is it to send at least a rejection e-mail? Or do you think I'm still in the running for the position--ha

Interview Questions
    • In the time you have been job searching- what have you been doing.   Answer Question

Security Architect Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Canton, MA

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Computershare in June 2013.

phone screen with HR, phone Interview with hiring manager

Dividend Transactions Specialist Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Computershare in January 2013.

Received a phone call to interview in person. It was great experience to have interview in person. Obviously review on resume and then technical skills.

Interview Questions
    • What would be the three characteristic about you that your previous manager/supervisor describe you as?   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Shelton, CT
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Shelton, CT

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at Computershare.

Given a very expansive written test that you could work on for one hour. That was gone over by another engineer while a normal interview went on with other employees. There was an interview with the hiring manager and an interview about project work with a few other engineers, like a panel interview.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing was too difficult, they just asked you to fill in the areas of the test that you knew, so not really a pass/fail situation, just a "what do you know" situtation.   Answer Question
    No negotiation, I was using a recruiter.

Investor Services Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Computershare in October 2010.

Phone interview with recruiter, about one week later received a call to come in for a interview. Interview was pretty basic. Basic interview questions were asked. Quick Google search about job interview will get you ready. About a week after that received job offer. Documents may be requested before being hired. Have everything ready.

Interview Questions
    • No difficult questions. Basics- strengths, weakness, background, etc...   Answer Question

Senior Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Computershare in September 2010.

Submitted resume via brother-in-law and on-line. Phone interview one week later, one hour. Indicated then that I would be brought in for a face to face interview. Followed up two weeks later with 2 emails to them asking for status. One week later received an email message that position filled internally.

Interview Questions
    • This is a position with responsibility over a wide variety of administrative areas. How would you manage this?   View Answer

Payroll Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Canton, MA

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Computershare in April 2010.

The interview process was very brief. I was an internal applicant. I was told that I had the personality and skills combination that they were looking over. Appearantly outside applicants did not have good microsoft skills.

Account Executive Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Computershare.

HR person was approachable. The interviewers were not relaxed - you can be relaxed and professional at the same time. They asked more questions than I had ever been asked in an interview to a point whereby I was confused...were they actually practising amateur psychology on me? Have they not read my resume or did they not understand it? I have worker for some large listed companies and didn't have anywhere near this level of scrutiny. It seemed disproportionate and made me question what was going on behind the scenes ie high staff turnover, unhappy staff.

Interview Questions
    • Expected more technical / analyical but it was really just behavioural. There was a negative question ie 'We don't think you would be able to'... I think they were looking for a reaction (refer amateur psychologist comment above).   Answer Question

There were positives about this firm but I felt the interview process said alot about the company. You can read between the lines.