Compuware

Relevance Date Difficulty

Delivery Consultant Interview

Delivery Consultant
Detroit, MI

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Compuware in December 2013.

Interview Details – Started off with a couple of phone interviews. One from a recruiter, and one person from the program I was going to enroll in.

After the initial phone calls, I got brought in for a full day interview at the headquarters in Detroit. Where I met with many people from the team. For the morning, I was given a tour of the building (which is lovely), followed by a carousel style interview where I met with 6 different people. Interviews ranged from getting to know me, to a technical interview as well as an interview about my beliefs on customer service.

Overall, it was a fantastic experience.

Interview Question – While not unexpected, the toughest part of the interview was where we had to give a presentation about there APM product with using their website as the only source of information. The group size can vary however I was presenting to a group of 10 people which is nervous.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – From the interview process, I felt that I would have been really happy here. I had a tough choice between multiple offers and chose another company closer to my home

Systems Analyst Interview

Systems Analyst

Interviewed at Compuware

Interview Details – interviewed several years ago at old location in southfield. Nice office good people. Have a friend that worked their - great culture. market started to tank pretty soon after my interview. All in all - seemed like a great place.

Interview Question – I should have been better prepared for UNIX questions.   Answer Question

Very Difficult Interview

Guardian - APM Interview

Guardian - APM
Detroit, MI

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Compuware in January 2011.

Interview Details – Interview in 2011, consisted of 9 interviews before offers were made.
- 3 phone call interviews
- 6 in person interviews (During all day trip to HQ)
- 1 presentation (15 minutes) about Compuware Gomez software (During all day trip to HQ)

The in person interviews consisted mostly of logic puzzles, or repeating questions that had been previously asked. The presentation was the hardest, because you were required to "sell" and explain software that you had no knowledge of or documentation. I had a poor time understanding what the software did from reading the website alone, and thus did poor on the presentation.

After the presentation, there were 25 remaining candidates, 5 to be chosen.

The whole process took at least 2 months. I've never prepared and worked so hard just for an interview process. It was pretty heartbreaking to go so far and not get an offer. It was a good learning experience, but just know what you are getting yourself into. If you can come out alive, the rewards will set you up good for life.

Presentation tips:
Make a slide, covering each software under the Gomez package.
Practice presenting in front of real people
Make sure not to talk like a robot

Interview Question – How does the DynaTrace software do XYZ if something goes wrong?   View Answer

Very Easy Interview

Project Manager Interview

Project Manager
Detroit, MI

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at Compuware in March 2009.

Interview Details – I had a phone interview and was hired without meeting my manager.

Interview Question – Was hired on Friday and I was asked to report to a project on Sunday.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – None, we agreed to a salary but received a lower salary from HR. Had to fight for the offer and received the difference after 1 year.

PDP Member (Java Developer) Interview

PDP Member (Java Developer)
Detroit, MI

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Compuware in February 2013.

Interview Details – 1 round phone interview with HR, and 2 rounds with leaders of PDP. Then got the onsite interview in Detroit. On the interview day, there were four rounds individual interviews about technology, teamwork and some logic test. And give a representation in the afternoon.

Negotiation Details – No negotiation about the salary...

Very Easy Interview

Assembler Software Developer Interview

Assembler Software Developer
Cambridge, MA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 6 days - interviewed at Compuware in June 2009.

Interview Details – I was offered the position right after the 3-hour interview, while waiting for my flight home.

Interview Question – 3 or 4 people discussed my resume with me in detail.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I had been unemployed for about 4 years at the time, & they made me an offer i couldn't refuse. There was no negotiation.

Software Engineer Interview

Software Engineer
Detroit, MI

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Compuware in June 2011.

Interview Details – First interview is with HR,technical questions pertinent to the job are asked to rule out those that are not qualified. Second interview is with management / future co-workers that ask basic questions to determine your experience and character and whether you will be a good fit with the group.

Interview Question – No difficult or unexpected questions were asked, only very basic interview questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They ask for proof of previous salary. They did not want to pay more than your highest previous salary.

QA Analyst Interview

QA Analyst
Detroit, MI

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Compuware in December 2012.

Interview Details – Recruiter called next day after applied. Then arranged for telephonic and then after that got call for another round of face to face interview

Interview Question – Most questions are for analytical thinking. So there is no right ot wrong for the questions. It is all to see how well you are able to think for the solution. Over all experience is great.   Answer Question

PDP Member (Java Developer) Interview

PDP Member (Java Developer)

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Compuware in March 2013.

Interview Details – phone interview : 2 rounds: each 45 minutes : 1 HR 1 tech

Interview Question – testing methods / new technologies in testing/ java conceptual Qs   Answer Question

Mobile Developer Interview

Mobile Developer
Detroit, MI

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Compuware in December 2011.

Interview Details – One HR round on Phone. Very easy and it was piece of cake. One technical round on telephone. Technical round was easy too. Basic questions, Resume based, and they were trying to check whatever we show on resume we know. Managers generally look for passionate candidates and can do approach under touch conditions. I was not really well prepared but managed to answer about 70% of questions correctly. Salary depends much on technical round of interview, years of experience.

Interview Question – Tip: Just concentrate on basics and you should know your resume thoroughly.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No. I asked for too much and end up with out negotiating as this was the only offer I got that time.