Compuware Interview Questions

2.9

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Waltham, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waltham, MA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Compuware in September 2013.

Quick and efficient interview process. Straight forward questions - no game playing or asking trick questions.

Delivery Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Compuware in December 2013.

Started off with a couple of phone interviews. One from a recruiter, and one person from the program I was going to enroll in.

After the initial phone calls, I got brought in for a full day interview at the headquarters in Detroit. Where I met with many people from the team. For the morning, I was given a tour of the building (which is lovely), followed by a carousel style interview where I met with 6 different people. Interviews ranged from getting to know me, to a technical interview as well as an interview about my beliefs on customer service.

Overall, it was a fantastic experience.

Interview Questions
    • While not unexpected, the toughest part of the interview was where we had to give a presentation about there APM product with using their website as the only source of information. The group size can vary however I was presenting to a group of 10 people which is nervous.   Answer Question

From the interview process, I felt that I would have been really happy here. I had a tough choice between multiple offers and chose another company closer to my home

Systems Analyst Interview

interviewed several years ago at old location in southfield. Nice office good people. Have a friend that worked their - great culture. market started to tank pretty soon after my interview. All in all - seemed like a great place.

Interview Questions
    • I should have been better prepared for UNIX questions.   Answer Question

Guardian - APM Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Compuware in January 2011.

Interview in 2011, consisted of 9 interviews before offers were made.
    - 3 phone call interviews
    - 6 in person interviews (During all day trip to HQ)
    - 1 presentation (15 minutes) about Compuware Gomez software (During all day trip to HQ)

The in person interviews consisted mostly of logic puzzles, or repeating questions that had been previously asked. The presentation was the hardest, because you were required to "sell" and explain software that you had no knowledge of or documentation. I had a poor time understanding what the software did from reading the website alone, and thus did poor on the presentation.

After the presentation, there were 25 remaining candidates, 5 to be chosen.

The whole process took at least 2 months. I've never prepared and worked so hard just for an interview process. It was pretty heartbreaking to go so far and not get an offer. It was a good learning experience, but just know what you are getting yourself into. If you can come out alive, the rewards will set you up good for life.

Presentation tips:
    Make a slide, covering each software under the Gomez package.
    Practice presenting in front of real people
    Make sure not to talk like a robot

Interview Questions
    • How does the DynaTrace software do XYZ if something goes wrong?   View Answer

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a day - interviewed at Compuware in March 2009.

I had a phone interview and was hired without meeting my manager.

Interview Questions
    • Was hired on Friday and I was asked to report to a project on Sunday.   Answer Question
    None, we agreed to a salary but received a lower salary from HR. Had to fight for the offer and received the difference after 1 year.

PDP Member (Java Developer) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Compuware in February 2013.

1 round phone interview with HR, and 2 rounds with leaders of PDP. Then got the onsite interview in Detroit. On the interview day, there were four rounds individual interviews about technology, teamwork and some logic test. And give a representation in the afternoon.

No negotiation about the salary...

Assembler Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Cambridge, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, MA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 days - interviewed at Compuware in June 2009.

I was offered the position right after the 3-hour interview, while waiting for my flight home.

Interview Questions
    • 3 or 4 people discussed my resume with me in detail.   View Answer
    I had been unemployed for about 4 years at the time, & they made me an offer i couldn't refuse. There was no negotiation.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Compuware in June 2011.

First interview is with HR,technical questions pertinent to the job are asked to rule out those that are not qualified. Second interview is with management / future co-workers that ask basic questions to determine your experience and character and whether you will be a good fit with the group.

Interview Questions
    • No difficult or unexpected questions were asked, only very basic interview questions.   Answer Question
    They ask for proof of previous salary. They did not want to pay more than your highest previous salary.

QA Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Compuware in December 2012.

Recruiter called next day after applied. Then arranged for telephonic and then after that got call for another round of face to face interview

Interview Questions
    • Most questions are for analytical thinking. So there is no right ot wrong for the questions. It is all to see how well you are able to think for the solution. Over all experience is great.   Answer Question

PDP Member (Java Developer) Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Compuware in March 2013.

phone interview : 2 rounds: each 45 minutes : 1 HR 1 tech

Interview Questions
    • testing methods / new technologies in testing/ java conceptual Qs   Answer Question