Compuware

Updated Nov 16, 2014
Updated Nov 16, 2014

2.9

Java Developer Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Compuware in March 2013.

I got a mail from a HR to set up a phone interview with 3 options of dates. I chose one and i got a call.. I applied for the java dev position. She asked me projects from resumes which i told. Then she asked my why dint you have any java projects. i said my acad projs were mostly in c/c++. So it was unintentional . But i know java since i have studying that from my high school days. she was convinced ( atleast i thought so). She asked my salary expectation. i said 70k. she said they dont offer that much for entry level. Then she said she will get back the next day. and i got a mail from her saying "not proceeding with you at this moment."

Interview Questions
    • i dint expect salary negotiation in the very first phone interview   Answer Question

PDP Member (Java Developer) Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Compuware in March 2013.

First interview by campus recruiter, just go though the resume and behavior question. Second interview is by hiring manager, asked basic oop question and did a easy java exercise in 70 minutes.

I think I did not make any mistake in the interview both in question and the exercise. Two days later, I was told they can not move my application to the following steps.

It seems they have hired enough number of candidate and they just set up me the interview and reject me directly.

phone interview : 2 rounds: each 45 minutes : 1 HR 1 tech

Interview Questions
    • testing methods / new technologies in testing/ java conceptual Qs   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Compuware in February 2013.

1 round phone interview with HR, and 2 rounds with leaders of PDP. Then got the onsite interview in Detroit. On the interview day, there were four rounds individual interviews about technology, teamwork and some logic test. And give a representation in the afternoon.

No negotiation about the salary...

APM Gaurdian Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Compuware in February 2013.

Had two initial rounds over phone.
    1st Interview was by an HR who had a set of questions.
    2nd Interview was taken by one of the people in charge of the APM program, this too had the same questions as the 1st round, but digged a level deeper.
    Got called onsite for final round of interviews.

Interview Questions
    • Common questions during phone screen.
      1) What is load balancing?
      2) Difference between router and a switch
      3) What is indexing in a database?

Don't remember other questions...
      Also they ask you how comfortable you are in giving presentations et al.
      Do through study about APM tools and prepare a couple of questions to ask them.

On the super day, they have 6 rounds of interviews followed by a presentation.
      Interviews are not that stressful, they focus on various areas: Technical (not difficult, should be easy for any decent comps related grad), Project based, Behavioral, something like a quiz, HR and one where someone comes in to tell you how the company is (so all you have to do is listen).

Presentation is very important...they kind of stress test you....so prepare well.

View Answer

Software Engineer Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Compuware in February 2013.

On campus interview.

Sales Representative Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Compuware.

Pretty basic. Met with the local Territory Manager, then met with the Regional VP, then met with the local Sales Engineer to assess my technical capabilities and knowledge base. Finally another meeting with the local Territory Manager to discuss compensation, territory, start date, etc.

Interview Questions
    • I had to give a mock sales presentation over any product or solution I have sold previously. I don't think this is a common procedure but that was probably the most unexpected event during the process.   Answer Question
    It wasn't too bad. They offered me $15,000 more than what my previous job paid, plus a more lucrative commission plan. I was also able to negotiate my quota down because I started a little later into the fiscal year. All in all it wasn't too stressful.

QA Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Compuware in December 2012.

Recruiter called next day after applied. Then arranged for telephonic and then after that got call for another round of face to face interview

Interview Questions
    • Most questions are for analytical thinking. So there is no right ot wrong for the questions. It is all to see how well you are able to think for the solution. Over all experience is great.   Answer Question

QA Analyst Interview

I applied through other source – interviewed at Compuware in December 2012.

First HR will call you and tell you about JD and if you are okay with it , he will arrange the Skype interview with one to many people. Manager will call you to negotiate with salary after the Skype interview goes well.

Salary negotiation won't work here.

Delivery Consultant - Guardian Services (PDP) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI

I applied through other source. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Compuware in November 2012.

Applied through an online job portal, and was contacted by a recruiter for initial screening. Once speaking to the recruiter, I was then called to inform a phone interview with one of the managers two days later than my initial screening.
    Interview with manager was good. Involved basic networking, oops, and behavioral questions. Few minutes later, was called and informed that will be having another phone interview, this time with the director of the program. Interview with director was very much related to my career goals and my potential to be a part of their team. Was invited to their headquarters an interview day.
    Interview had tour of their building, lunch, one on one interviews, essay, and finally presentation.
    After presentation, was verbally given an offer, and formal letter of offer the next day.

They really try to see if you would be able to handle pressure situations, and basic skills.

Technical interview was very basic and easy. Just know everything on your resume, and be truthful about who you are.

Presentation was a very important aspect of the interview. They really like to see how efficiently can you grasp their product and how can you respond to different situations during the presentation. Learn their product on your finger tips.

Interview Questions
    This is an entry level position. They offer decent base salary plus benefits.