Compuware Interview Questions

Updated Jul 16, 2015

2.9

QA Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Compuware (Detroit, MI) in December 2012.

Interview

Recruiter called next day after applied. Then arranged for telephonic and then after that got call for another round of face to face interview

Interview Questions

• Most questions are for analytical thinking. So there is no right ot wrong for the questions. It is all to see how well you are able to think for the solution. Over all experience is great.   Answer Question

QA Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Compuware in December 2012.

Interview

First HR will call you and tell you about JD and if you are okay with it , he will arrange the Skype interview with one to many people. Manager will call you to negotiate with salary after the Skype interview goes well.

Negotiation

Salary negotiation won't work here.

Delivery Consultant - Guardian Services (PDP) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Compuware (Detroit, MI) in November 2012.

Interview

Applied through an online job portal, and was contacted by a recruiter for initial screening. Once speaking to the recruiter, I was then called to inform a phone interview with one of the managers two days later than my initial screening. Interview with manager was good. Involved basic networking, oops, and behavioral questions. Few minutes later, was called and informed that will be having another phone interview, this time with the director of the program. Interview with director was very much related to my career goals and my potential to be a part of their team. Was invited to their headquarters an interview day. Interview had tour of their building, lunch, one on one interviews, essay, and finally presentation. After presentation, was verbally given an offer, and formal letter of offer the next day. They really try to see if you would be able to handle pressure situations, and basic skills. Technical interview was very basic and easy. Just know everything on your resume, and be truthful about who you are. Presentation was a very important aspect of the interview. They really like to see how efficiently can you grasp their product and how can you respond to different situations during the presentation. Learn their product on your finger tips.

Interview Questions

• Draw and explain how their product works.   1 Answer
    • Name the layers of the OSI Model.   1 Answer

Negotiation

This is an entry level position. They offer decent base salary plus benefits.

PDP Member Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Compuware (Detroit, MI) in November 2012.

Interview

First HR person will speak on phone, followed by two technical phone interviews and once u r through they will call you onsite to Detroit City where they have 3 more rounds (Coding exercise, Behavioral, Technical) and they will ask to give a Demo on a project u worked

Interview Questions

Negotiation

They wont increase the salary in any case

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Compuware (Detroit, MI).

Interview

The most intense interview I've ever been through. They really try to get to know you on a personal level and a technical level.

Interview Questions

• They have some logic tests... not difficult, just unexpected.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Salary is usually non-negotiable for entry level positions.

Java Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Compuware (Detroit, MI) in June 2012.

Interview

First, i was contacted by recruiter, then there was a telephonic screening followed by face to face interview in Detroit. I reached on time, They show you there building and they boost there company for a while later, it was time for interview. 2 people interviewed me. They asked pretty straight forward questions, like what is difference between String buffer and String builder, difference between hash map and tree map, arraylist and vector, when to use which ? Later they ask me to write a program on there board(There was a white board bhind me where i was sitting). They asked me to sort array items and print smallest and biggest item. They asked my past experience and discussed more about my projects. They asked more questions on OOPS concepts ,polymorphism, encapsulation, etc. In the end they said that they are looking for some more experienced developer. They wanted some one who is very strong with Springs framework...

User Interface Designer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Compuware (Detroit, MI) in April 2012.

Interview

I was contacted by a representative / recruiter from Compuware via email. I was asked in this email to to respond with times for my availability. I responded by communicating my times and the interview time was set. When I arrived at Compuware location I was greeted and offered a beverage. The interviewer asked me several questions about my resume as well as my experience for the position.

Interview Questions

• I wad asked about quality assurance software and job tracking software that I was unfamiliar with   Answer Question

Mobile Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Compuware (Detroit, MI) in December 2011.

Interview

One HR round on Phone. Very easy and it was piece of cake. One technical round on telephone. Technical round was easy too. Basic questions, Resume based, and they were trying to check whatever we show on resume we know. Managers generally look for passionate candidates and can do approach under touch conditions. I was not really well prepared but managed to answer about 70% of questions correctly. Salary depends much on technical round of interview, years of experience.

Interview Questions

• Tip: Just concentrate on basics and you should know your resume thoroughly.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No. I asked for too much and end up with out negotiating as this was the only offer I got that time.

Mobile Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Compuware (Detroit, MI) in November 2011.

Interview

Two rounds of interview. Both were onsite. Good Drilling on Mobile Sdk.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation

Marketing Technology Strategist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at Compuware (Detroit, MI) in July 2011.

Interview

I had been consulting as a project manager on a contract basis, and was asked to contribute to a RFQ response, to which I was asked to include myself. When we won the competitive bid, I was asked to interview for the position I had helped to develop in our proposal. My competency set and work ethic and personal workstyle were pretty well iknown at that point. A couple of meetings withe Regional Director and Program Director provided some background on the position, which is a hybrid of several skills sets with an emphasis on retail automotive consulting. Very professional, very pleasant process, with a lot of emphasis on culture and commitment to client service.

Interview Questions

• What unique perspective do you bring to this client?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Fairly narrow window for negotiation, benchmarked to competitors and market. Bring an industry specific skill or knowledge set up a differentiator.