Compuware

Relevance Date Difficulty

Senior Developer Interview

Senior Developer
Detroit, MI

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at Compuware in March 2009.

Interview Details – Very simple interview. There was a group phone interview and then on site interview. They just basically asked about prior work that I had done in one interview.
In the other we talked about our favorite algorithms and doing philosophies.
All in all a pleasant experience.

Interview Question – My favorite beer. The interviewer was into microbrewery ... Alas I do not drink :-(
I happened to of vacationed in Colorado and toured a microbrewery so I lucked out and was able to talk about the tour.
  Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation

Sales Representative Interview

Sales Representative

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Compuware.

Interview Details – Pretty basic. Met with the local Territory Manager, then met with the Regional VP, then met with the local Sales Engineer to assess my technical capabilities and knowledge base. Finally another meeting with the local Territory Manager to discuss compensation, territory, start date, etc.

Interview Question – I had to give a mock sales presentation over any product or solution I have sold previously. I don't think this is a common procedure but that was probably the most unexpected event during the process.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – It wasn't too bad. They offered me $15,000 more than what my previous job paid, plus a more lucrative commission plan. I was also able to negotiate my quota down because I started a little later into the fiscal year. All in all it wasn't too stressful.

PDP Member Interview

PDP Member
Detroit, MI

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Compuware in November 2012.

Interview Details – First HR person will speak on phone, followed by two technical phone interviews and once u r through they will call you onsite to Detroit City where they have 3 more rounds (Coding exercise, Behavioral, Technical) and they will ask to give a Demo on a project u worked

Interview Question – All questions are easy   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They wont increase the salary in any case

Delivery Consultant - Guardian Services (PDP) Interview

Delivery Consultant - Guardian Services (PDP)
Detroit, MI

I applied through other source and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Compuware in November 2012.

Interview Details – Applied through an online job portal, and was contacted by a recruiter for initial screening. Once speaking to the recruiter, I was then called to inform a phone interview with one of the managers two days later than my initial screening.
Interview with manager was good. Involved basic networking, oops, and behavioral questions. Few minutes later, was called and informed that will be having another phone interview, this time with the director of the program. Interview with director was very much related to my career goals and my potential to be a part of their team. Was invited to their headquarters an interview day.
Interview had tour of their building, lunch, one on one interviews, essay, and finally presentation.
After presentation, was verbally given an offer, and formal letter of offer the next day.

They really try to see if you would be able to handle pressure situations, and basic skills.

Technical interview was very basic and easy. Just know everything on your resume, and be truthful about who you are.

Presentation was a very important aspect of the interview. They really like to see how efficiently can you grasp their product and how can you respond to different situations during the presentation. Learn their product on your finger tips.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – This is an entry level position. They offer decent base salary plus benefits.

Java Developer Interview

Java Developer
Detroit, MI

I applied online - interviewed at Compuware in June 2012.

Interview Details – First, i was contacted by recruiter, then there was a telephonic screening followed by face to face interview in Detroit. I reached on time, They show you there building and they boost there company for a while later, it was time for interview. 2 people interviewed me. They asked pretty straight forward questions, like what is difference between String buffer and String builder, difference between hash map and tree map, arraylist and vector, when to use which ? Later they ask me to write a program on there board(There was a white board bhind me where i was sitting). They asked me to sort array items and print smallest and biggest item. They asked my past experience and discussed more about my projects. They asked more questions on OOPS concepts ,polymorphism, encapsulation, etc. In the end they said that they are looking for some more experienced developer. They wanted some one who is very strong with Springs framework...

Interview Question – They did not ask any difficult question.   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Director of Business Development Interview

Director of Business Development
Addison, TX

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Compuware in September 2010.

Interview Details – 1 screening interview by recruiter. 1 in person interview by Regional VP and with Technical Program Director. 1 Phone interview with VP of Bus Unit. Very Fast process. After I arrived I found out why- Last three candidates for my position left after less than a month in role.

Interview Question – None. Very conversational approach, no weighting of answers or standard interview process that I could ascertain. Be prepared with your numbers and where you can impact business.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I negotiated up $10K from original base offerred. It was quick and done through recruiter. I was also given extra "vacation time" for year 1 unofficially as a side deal with VP to accomodate some plans I had made before accepting the role.

Consultant Interview

Consultant
Detroit, MI

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Compuware.

Interview Details – The most intense interview I've ever been through. They really try to get to know you on a personal level and a technical level.

Interview Question – They have some logic tests... not difficult, just unexpected.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Salary is usually non-negotiable for entry level positions.

User Interface Designer Interview

User Interface Designer
Detroit, MI

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at Compuware in April 2012.

Interview Details – I was contacted by a representative / recruiter from Compuware via email. I was asked in this email to to respond with times for my availability. I responded by communicating my times and the interview time was set. When I arrived at Compuware location I was greeted and offered a beverage. The interviewer asked me several questions about my resume as well as my experience for the position.

Interview Question – I wad asked about quality assurance software and job tracking software that I was unfamiliar with   Answer Question

QA Analyst Interview

QA Analyst
Detroit, MI

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Compuware in May 2011.

Interview Details – I had 2 phone interviews and 1:1 Interview.

Interview process was very straight forward.

Interview Question – Basic Unix Concepts   Answer Question

Technical Support Analyst Interview

Technical Support Analyst
Detroit, MI

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Compuware in July 2010.

Interview Details – Phone interview with recruiting to weed out the weak and unintelligent. After that you interview with 2 - 5 people (for me it was a team lead, a manager and 2 technical personal to quiz my knowledge on Information Technology). They do tend to drill you on the questions, but are friendly about it. I would recommend dressing for success (suit and tie). Also show up early, because they will be on time for interviews. Lastly, don't be afraid to ask questions concerning benefits and salary.

Interview Question – Give an example of a time where you had to solve a conflict.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There really aren't negotiations. I told them what I wanted to make and they gave me more. Not much I could negotiate there. As far as benefits, everyone gets the same amount of vacation and health, 401k, dental, etc. Advice: Aim high on your asking range and also follow up with the pay is negotiable. (interviewing 101)