Compuware

Updated Nov 16, 2014

2.9

PDP Member Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Compuware in November 2012.

First HR person will speak on phone, followed by two technical phone interviews and once u r through they will call you onsite to Detroit City where they have 3 more rounds (Coding exercise, Behavioral, Technical) and they will ask to give a Demo on a project u worked

Interview Questions
    They wont increase the salary in any case

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Compuware.

The most intense interview I've ever been through. They really try to get to know you on a personal level and a technical level.

Interview Questions
    • They have some logic tests... not difficult, just unexpected.   Answer Question
    Salary is usually non-negotiable for entry level positions.

Java Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI

I applied online – interviewed at Compuware in June 2012.

First, i was contacted by recruiter, then there was a telephonic screening followed by face to face interview in Detroit. I reached on time, They show you there building and they boost there company for a while later, it was time for interview. 2 people interviewed me. They asked pretty straight forward questions, like what is difference between String buffer and String builder, difference between hash map and tree map, arraylist and vector, when to use which ? Later they ask me to write a program on there board(There was a white board bhind me where i was sitting). They asked me to sort array items and print smallest and biggest item. They asked my past experience and discussed more about my projects. They asked more questions on OOPS concepts ,polymorphism, encapsulation, etc. In the end they said that they are looking for some more experienced developer. They wanted some one who is very strong with Springs framework...

User Interface Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at Compuware in April 2012.

I was contacted by a representative / recruiter from Compuware via email. I was asked in this email to to respond with times for my availability. I responded by communicating my times and the interview time was set. When I arrived at Compuware location I was greeted and offered a beverage. The interviewer asked me several questions about my resume as well as my experience for the position.

Interview Questions
    • I wad asked about quality assurance software and job tracking software that I was unfamiliar with   Answer Question

Mobile Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Compuware in December 2011.

One HR round on Phone. Very easy and it was piece of cake. One technical round on telephone. Technical round was easy too. Basic questions, Resume based, and they were trying to check whatever we show on resume we know. Managers generally look for passionate candidates and can do approach under touch conditions. I was not really well prepared but managed to answer about 70% of questions correctly. Salary depends much on technical round of interview, years of experience.

Interview Questions
    • Tip: Just concentrate on basics and you should know your resume thoroughly.   Answer Question
    No. I asked for too much and end up with out negotiating as this was the only offer I got that time.

Mobile Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Compuware in November 2011.

Two rounds of interview. Both were onsite. Good Drilling on Mobile Sdk.

No negotiation

Marketing Technology Strategist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI

The process took a weekinterviewed at Compuware in July 2011.

I had been consulting as a project manager on a contract basis, and was asked to contribute to a RFQ response, to which I was asked to include myself. When we won the competitive bid, I was asked to interview for the position I had helped to develop in our proposal. My competency set and work ethic and personal workstyle were pretty well iknown at that point. A couple of meetings withe Regional Director and Program Director provided some background on the position, which is a hybrid of several skills sets with an emphasis on retail automotive consulting. Very professional, very pleasant process, with a lot of emphasis on culture and commitment to client service.

Interview Questions
    • What unique perspective do you bring to this client?   View Answer
    Fairly narrow window for negotiation, benchmarked to competitors and market. Bring an industry specific skill or knowledge set up a differentiator.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Compuware in June 2011.

First interview is with HR,technical questions pertinent to the job are asked to rule out those that are not qualified. Second interview is with management / future co-workers that ask basic questions to determine your experience and character and whether you will be a good fit with the group.

Interview Questions
    • No difficult or unexpected questions were asked, only very basic interview questions.   Answer Question
    They ask for proof of previous salary. They did not want to pay more than your highest previous salary.

QA Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Compuware in May 2011.

I had 2 phone interviews and 1:1 Interview.

Interview process was very straight forward.

Guardian - APM Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Compuware in January 2011.

Interview in 2011, consisted of 9 interviews before offers were made.
    - 3 phone call interviews
    - 6 in person interviews (During all day trip to HQ)
    - 1 presentation (15 minutes) about Compuware Gomez software (During all day trip to HQ)

The in person interviews consisted mostly of logic puzzles, or repeating questions that had been previously asked. The presentation was the hardest, because you were required to "sell" and explain software that you had no knowledge of or documentation. I had a poor time understanding what the software did from reading the website alone, and thus did poor on the presentation.

After the presentation, there were 25 remaining candidates, 5 to be chosen.

The whole process took at least 2 months. I've never prepared and worked so hard just for an interview process. It was pretty heartbreaking to go so far and not get an offer. It was a good learning experience, but just know what you are getting yourself into. If you can come out alive, the rewards will set you up good for life.

Presentation tips:
    Make a slide, covering each software under the Gomez package.
    Practice presenting in front of real people
    Make sure not to talk like a robot

Interview Questions
    • How does the DynaTrace software do XYZ if something goes wrong?   View Answer