Compuware

Average Difficulty
3 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Java Developer

I applied online and interviewed at Compuware.

Interview Details – I applied online and was called for a phone interview. I had an HR round which seemed pretty easy.

Interview Question – Do you know how to code using j2EE   Answer Question

Java Developer

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Compuware in March 2013.

Interview Details – I got a mail from a HR to set up a phone interview with 3 options of dates. I chose one and i got a call.. I applied for the java dev position. She asked me projects from resumes which i told. Then she asked my why dint you have any java projects. i said my acad projs were mostly in c/c++. So it was unintentional . But i know java since i have studying that from my high school days. she was convinced ( atleast i thought so). She asked my salary expectation. i said 70k. she said they dont offer that much for entry level. Then she said she will get back the next day. and i got a mail from her saying "not proceeding with you at this moment."

Interview Question – i dint expect salary negotiation in the very first phone interview   Answer Question

Detroit, MI

I applied online - interviewed at Compuware in June 2012.

Interview Details – First, i was contacted by recruiter, then there was a telephonic screening followed by face to face interview in Detroit. I reached on time, They show you there building and they boost there company for a while later, it was time for interview. 2 people interviewed me. They asked pretty straight forward questions, like what is difference between String buffer and String builder, difference between hash map and tree map, arraylist and vector, when to use which ? Later they ask me to write a program on there board(There was a white board bhind me where i was sitting). They asked me to sort array items and print smallest and biggest item. They asked my past experience and discussed more about my projects. They asked more questions on OOPS concepts ,polymorphism, encapsulation, etc. In the end they said that they are looking for some more experienced developer. They wanted some one who is very strong with Springs framework...

Interview Question – They did not ask any difficult question.   Answer Question

Worked for Compuware? Contribute to the Community!