Compuware Interview Questions in Michigan

2.9

26 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Delivery Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a day - interviewed at Compuware in June 2013.

The interview is a pretty intensive process. You will be on-site for almost a full day going thru a series of different interview types. Both technical and non technical. The day concludes with a business presentation at the end. A lot of it just has to do with how well you can think on your feet and answer tough questions without dropping the ball, so to speak

Delivery Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Compuware in December 2013.

Started off with a couple of phone interviews. One from a recruiter, and one person from the program I was going to enroll in.

After the initial phone calls, I got brought in for a full day interview at the headquarters in Detroit. Where I met with many people from the team. For the morning, I was given a tour of the building (which is lovely), followed by a carousel style interview where I met with 6 different people. Interviews ranged from getting to know me, to a technical interview as well as an interview about my beliefs on customer service.

Overall, it was a fantastic experience.

Interview Questions
    • While not unexpected, the toughest part of the interview was where we had to give a presentation about there APM product with using their website as the only source of information. The group size can vary however I was presenting to a group of 10 people which is nervous.   Answer Question

From the interview process, I felt that I would have been really happy here. I had a tough choice between multiple offers and chose another company closer to my home

Guardian - APM Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Compuware in January 2011.

Interview in 2011, consisted of 9 interviews before offers were made.
    - 3 phone call interviews
    - 6 in person interviews (During all day trip to HQ)
    - 1 presentation (15 minutes) about Compuware Gomez software (During all day trip to HQ)

The in person interviews consisted mostly of logic puzzles, or repeating questions that had been previously asked. The presentation was the hardest, because you were required to "sell" and explain software that you had no knowledge of or documentation. I had a poor time understanding what the software did from reading the website alone, and thus did poor on the presentation.

After the presentation, there were 25 remaining candidates, 5 to be chosen.

The whole process took at least 2 months. I've never prepared and worked so hard just for an interview process. It was pretty heartbreaking to go so far and not get an offer. It was a good learning experience, but just know what you are getting yourself into. If you can come out alive, the rewards will set you up good for life.

Presentation tips:
    Make a slide, covering each software under the Gomez package.
    Practice presenting in front of real people
    Make sure not to talk like a robot

Interview Questions
    • How does the DynaTrace software do XYZ if something goes wrong?   View Answer

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a day - interviewed at Compuware in March 2009.

I had a phone interview and was hired without meeting my manager.

Interview Questions
    • Was hired on Friday and I was asked to report to a project on Sunday.   Answer Question
    None, we agreed to a salary but received a lower salary from HR. Had to fight for the offer and received the difference after 1 year.

PDP Member (Java Developer) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Compuware in February 2013.

1 round phone interview with HR, and 2 rounds with leaders of PDP. Then got the onsite interview in Detroit. On the interview day, there were four rounds individual interviews about technology, teamwork and some logic test. And give a representation in the afternoon.

No negotiation about the salary...

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Compuware in June 2011.

First interview is with HR,technical questions pertinent to the job are asked to rule out those that are not qualified. Second interview is with management / future co-workers that ask basic questions to determine your experience and character and whether you will be a good fit with the group.

Interview Questions
    • No difficult or unexpected questions were asked, only very basic interview questions.   Answer Question
    They ask for proof of previous salary. They did not want to pay more than your highest previous salary.

QA Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Compuware in December 2012.

Recruiter called next day after applied. Then arranged for telephonic and then after that got call for another round of face to face interview

Interview Questions
    • Most questions are for analytical thinking. So there is no right ot wrong for the questions. It is all to see how well you are able to think for the solution. Over all experience is great.   Answer Question

Mobile Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Compuware in December 2011.

One HR round on Phone. Very easy and it was piece of cake. One technical round on telephone. Technical round was easy too. Basic questions, Resume based, and they were trying to check whatever we show on resume we know. Managers generally look for passionate candidates and can do approach under touch conditions. I was not really well prepared but managed to answer about 70% of questions correctly. Salary depends much on technical round of interview, years of experience.

Interview Questions
    • Tip: Just concentrate on basics and you should know your resume thoroughly.   Answer Question
    No. I asked for too much and end up with out negotiating as this was the only offer I got that time.

Mobile Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Compuware in November 2011.

Two rounds of interview. Both were onsite. Good Drilling on Mobile Sdk.

No negotiation

PDP Java Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Compuware in March 2013.

Applied online first but did not get a call for two months so applied again through reference and immediately received a call from HR explaining about the interview process and about the company.Soon within two days the HR scheduled one written programming interview in which they had send me some java program to write code.It was simple program to implement 4 functions.Then after a day they scheduled for telephonic technical interview in which i was asked very basic questions like inheritance vs abstract, static method vs static block,polymorphism, final finally finalize,Singleton class, basic unix commands like ls, cd etc...
    After that i received a call for onsite interview where there were 3 rounds
    First round
    1)Writing and executing a program for sorting Person objects based on data members like age and name.
    I did it well and i finished in 40 mins of given one hour

Second round
    Presentation on any application which i built.
    I showed the demo of my application.Design and flow everything.They will ask to go through the code as well.
    He said that he can understand my confidence from the way i am presenting.
    In this round there were also two analytic questions/puzzles to be solved.
    They were very simple.

Third round
    Behavioral round
    I was asked to tell me what i would do in situations like under pressure.
    If i want to remove two members from a team whom and how do i choose.
    There were many other questions.

Every round was for one hour.
    I felt i have done pretty well in all the rounds and i did not expect a reject from Compuware even in my dreams.

2 days after my onsite interview HR called me and said unfortunately we are proceeding with other candidates.It was shocking

The package is bit less.It was 60K but since i heard much about t he company i wanted to apply.The onsite experience was good and they treated very well.

Interview Questions

Worked for Compuware? Contribute to the Community!