Compuware

Relevance Date Difficulty

Delivery Consultant Interview

Delivery Consultant
Detroit, MI

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at Compuware in June 2013.

Interview Details – The interview is a pretty intensive process. You will be on-site for almost a full day going thru a series of different interview types. Both technical and non technical. The day concludes with a business presentation at the end. A lot of it just has to do with how well you can think on your feet and answer tough questions without dropping the ball, so to speak

Interview Question – What is your biggest weakness>   View Answer

Delivery Consultant Interview

Delivery Consultant
Detroit, MI

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Compuware in December 2013.

Interview Details – Started off with a couple of phone interviews. One from a recruiter, and one person from the program I was going to enroll in.

After the initial phone calls, I got brought in for a full day interview at the headquarters in Detroit. Where I met with many people from the team. For the morning, I was given a tour of the building (which is lovely), followed by a carousel style interview where I met with 6 different people. Interviews ranged from getting to know me, to a technical interview as well as an interview about my beliefs on customer service.

Overall, it was a fantastic experience.

Interview Question – While not unexpected, the toughest part of the interview was where we had to give a presentation about there APM product with using their website as the only source of information. The group size can vary however I was presenting to a group of 10 people which is nervous.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – From the interview process, I felt that I would have been really happy here. I had a tough choice between multiple offers and chose another company closer to my home

Very Difficult Interview

Guardian - APM Interview

Guardian - APM
Detroit, MI

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Compuware in January 2011.

Interview Details – Interview in 2011, consisted of 9 interviews before offers were made.
- 3 phone call interviews
- 6 in person interviews (During all day trip to HQ)
- 1 presentation (15 minutes) about Compuware Gomez software (During all day trip to HQ)

The in person interviews consisted mostly of logic puzzles, or repeating questions that had been previously asked. The presentation was the hardest, because you were required to "sell" and explain software that you had no knowledge of or documentation. I had a poor time understanding what the software did from reading the website alone, and thus did poor on the presentation.

After the presentation, there were 25 remaining candidates, 5 to be chosen.

The whole process took at least 2 months. I've never prepared and worked so hard just for an interview process. It was pretty heartbreaking to go so far and not get an offer. It was a good learning experience, but just know what you are getting yourself into. If you can come out alive, the rewards will set you up good for life.

Presentation tips:
Make a slide, covering each software under the Gomez package.
Practice presenting in front of real people
Make sure not to talk like a robot

Interview Question – How does the DynaTrace software do XYZ if something goes wrong?   View Answer

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Very Easy Interview

Project Manager Interview

Project Manager
Detroit, MI

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at Compuware in March 2009.

Interview Details – I had a phone interview and was hired without meeting my manager.

Interview Question – Was hired on Friday and I was asked to report to a project on Sunday.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – None, we agreed to a salary but received a lower salary from HR. Had to fight for the offer and received the difference after 1 year.

PDP Member (Java Developer) Interview

PDP Member (Java Developer)
Detroit, MI

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Compuware in February 2013.

Interview Details – 1 round phone interview with HR, and 2 rounds with leaders of PDP. Then got the onsite interview in Detroit. On the interview day, there were four rounds individual interviews about technology, teamwork and some logic test. And give a representation in the afternoon.

Negotiation Details – No negotiation about the salary...

Software Engineer Interview

Software Engineer
Detroit, MI

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Compuware in June 2011.

Interview Details – First interview is with HR,technical questions pertinent to the job are asked to rule out those that are not qualified. Second interview is with management / future co-workers that ask basic questions to determine your experience and character and whether you will be a good fit with the group.

Interview Question – No difficult or unexpected questions were asked, only very basic interview questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They ask for proof of previous salary. They did not want to pay more than your highest previous salary.

QA Analyst Interview

QA Analyst
Detroit, MI

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Compuware in December 2012.

Interview Details – Recruiter called next day after applied. Then arranged for telephonic and then after that got call for another round of face to face interview

Interview Question – Most questions are for analytical thinking. So there is no right ot wrong for the questions. It is all to see how well you are able to think for the solution. Over all experience is great.   Answer Question

Mobile Developer Interview

Mobile Developer
Detroit, MI

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Compuware in December 2011.

Interview Details – One HR round on Phone. Very easy and it was piece of cake. One technical round on telephone. Technical round was easy too. Basic questions, Resume based, and they were trying to check whatever we show on resume we know. Managers generally look for passionate candidates and can do approach under touch conditions. I was not really well prepared but managed to answer about 70% of questions correctly. Salary depends much on technical round of interview, years of experience.

Interview Question – Tip: Just concentrate on basics and you should know your resume thoroughly.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No. I asked for too much and end up with out negotiating as this was the only offer I got that time.

Mobile Developer Interview

Mobile Developer
Detroit, MI

I applied in-person and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Compuware in November 2011.

Interview Details – Two rounds of interview. Both were onsite. Good Drilling on Mobile Sdk.

Interview Question – Why is volatile used ?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation

PDP Java Developer Interview

PDP Java Developer
Detroit, MI

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Compuware in March 2013.

Interview Details – Applied online first but did not get a call for two months so applied again through reference and immediately received a call from HR explaining about the interview process and about the company.Soon within two days the HR scheduled one written programming interview in which they had send me some java program to write code.It was simple program to implement 4 functions.Then after a day they scheduled for telephonic technical interview in which i was asked very basic questions like inheritance vs abstract, static method vs static block,polymorphism, final finally finalize,Singleton class, basic unix commands like ls, cd etc...
After that i received a call for onsite interview where there were 3 rounds
First round
1)Writing and executing a program for sorting Person objects based on data members like age and name.
I did it well and i finished in 40 mins of given one hour

Second round
Presentation on any application which i built.
I showed the demo of my application.Design and flow everything.They will ask to go through the code as well.
He said that he can understand my confidence from the way i am presenting.
In this round there were also two analytic questions/puzzles to be solved.
They were very simple.

Third round
Behavioral round
I was asked to tell me what i would do in situations like under pressure.
If i want to remove two members from a team whom and how do i choose.
There were many other questions.

Every round was for one hour.
I felt i have done pretty well in all the rounds and i did not expect a reject from Compuware even in my dreams.

2 days after my onsite interview HR called me and said unfortunately we are proceeding with other candidates.It was shocking

The package is bit less.It was 60K but since i heard much about t he company i wanted to apply.The onsite experience was good and they treated very well.

Interview Question – There is nothing like difficult part.   View Answers (2)

Interviews for Top Jobs at Compuware

Worked for Compuware? Contribute to the Community!

Compuware Videos

Compuware – Why Work for Us?

Who is Compuware APM? Compuware has been in the business of monitoring, managing, and improving application performance for nearly two decades. Our Application Performance Management (APM) business unit consists of… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Compuware interview questions and advice in Michigan. All 26 interview reviews posted anonymously by Compuware employees and interview candidates.