Compuware

Average Difficulty
3 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Sales Representative

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Compuware.

Interview Details – Pretty basic. Met with the local Territory Manager, then met with the Regional VP, then met with the local Sales Engineer to assess my technical capabilities and knowledge base. Finally another meeting with the local Territory Manager to discuss compensation, territory, start date, etc.

Interview Question – I had to give a mock sales presentation over any product or solution I have sold previously. I don't think this is a common procedure but that was probably the most unexpected event during the process.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – It wasn't too bad. They offered me $15,000 more than what my previous job paid, plus a more lucrative commission plan. I was also able to negotiate my quota down because I started a little later into the fiscal year. All in all it wasn't too stressful.

Chicago, IL

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Compuware in January 2010.

Interview Details – Standard software company - meet with manager, meet with VP, meet with pre-sales team. They want the exact fit to meet the role but are unwiling to make an industry competitive offer to get that person.

Interview Question – "Deliver the elevator pitch for the solution you would be selling"   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Comp too low

Sales Representative

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Compuware in October 2009.

Interview Details – It was a one 1:1. It was a typical interview with recruiter than the hiring manager. It was a good exchange of information. Company seems to be not going any where with their products.

Interview Question – Why did you leave your last job?   Answer Question

Worked for Compuware? Contribute to the Community!