Comtech, LLC Interview Questions

Candidate Interview Review

II Positions (Systems Engineer) Interview

Anonymous Employee in Reston, VA
    Anonymous Employee in Reston, VA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Comtech, LLC in October 2010.

I was initially contacted by their recruiter and told that I looked great to be placed as a contractor at their customer's site. A phone interview was scheduled with the panel at their customer's site. I arrived at the phone interview on time. Everyone at the phone interview was professional except for one individual. During the phone interview, I answered their technical questions to the best of my ability. I asked one of the individuals a simple question concerning the requisition and he very rudely told me to answer it myself. I told them that I was not interested and hung up. This was only the beginning of the unbelievable saga that unfolded.

I told Comtech LLC of my experience and they told me that they had the same experience with this individual quite often and to the degree that they were even able to name him individually.

They told me that they wanted to make it up by interviewing me for an internal position at Comtech LLC. So they had me phone screen with an internal manager for over an hour for the position. The manager then had me email him 2 paragraphs begging him for the position. I tried to obtain the job without a face to face interview, but he wasn't having it and insisted on an in person interview.

This gets even better, please keep reading!

So I drive the 80 miles one way to take this in person interview. On the way, some lady decides that it is time to smack into my car which would have made me late to the interview. I called Comtech to explain that I might be late and they allowed me extra time.

They acted like I was at fault citing that "we all make mistakes". I soldiered on, but for the first time ever going to an interview, I could not find the place. My GPS was driving me in circles.

I was tempted to look at the karma of the situation and turn around, but I soldiered on.

When I finally got to the interview, they turned it all around on me. They lost all focus on the job that I was now supposed to be interviewing for and focused on the position that I interviewed for and did not want because of the individual's rudeness. They cited that the client was very interested in me and wanted me back. I told them that my situation was dire and that I really did not have a whole lot of time for them to make a decision. They told me that they understood that and even imposed their own deadline of 2 business days later!

They also said right to my face that it was a win win situation and that with certainty if I did not get one, that I would get the other!

They had me do an in person interview with their client (60 + miles each way) and the client asked me the same technical questions that they asked me in the first place.

I answered their techincal questions to the best of my ability and was told that I even answered some questions better than most that is why I was sitting there.

After the interview, Comtech LLC did not keep it's word to me concerning the timeline. They didn't even follow up with me to tell me that they needed longer.

I emailed them about it and they did not respond. I called in to ask and they claimed that they were just about to call me about it.

They dragged it out another day or two fully describing that they knew how difficult it was to lose sleep because this was effecting my life.

They kept citing positivity all the while that their client was waiting to give me the good news and was pending authorization.

After doing my best to get them to provide me with feedback, they waited until the very end of business hours and left me a voicemail citing that they could not move forward on either position.

There are some people out there who really do have agendas and it is very difficult to tell what their agenda is. I guess that no one stands up to their client's rude behavior or they are punished. This is what I can deduct.

I hope this helps someone in the future!