Comverge Executive Assistant Interview Questions

1 Candidate Interview Review Back to all interviews

Executive Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Norcross, GA
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Norcross, GA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Comverge in November 2010.

Went in to interview for one position-thought it went well. Then they thought that I would be better suited for another department. Came back to meet with the head of that department in what I thought was a great meeting. An offer was made 2 days later.

Interview Questions
  • They asked about flexibility as that is a #1 requirement in this position.   View Answer
The negotiation process went well, though they were firm in their offer without room for compromise. However, after much consideration based on last minute added responsibilities (they were looking for an additional EA position to fill, but felt it best to add another executive to my new roster and save the $ for an additional salary), they finally met what I was asking for and I am excited to start soon.

My advice in considering an offer? Be certain to know what your worth from the beginning and don't let the market comparisons scare you from asking for more. It helps to have the experience and confidence to 'back up' your reasoning for asking for certain perks, but above all else, if you don't think you're worth more, neither will they. And be willing to walk away, if you dont think that you are getting what you need after a lot of thought and negotiating. The key is to ask-that's part of the 'negotiation phase' for a job offer and lastly, get everything in writing. Verbal negotiations have a tendency to be forgotten over time. Nothing ventured, nothing gained.