Comverge Interview Questions

Updated Mar 31, 2014
Updated Mar 31, 2014

2.6

Sales Executive Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 months - interviewed at Comverge.

Interview process was simple however drawn out to organizational restructuring. Hiring manager was great, interview based on experience and industry knowledge. Not many difficult questions and only two rounds of interviews. Hiring was quick and simple, though was not given what was promised in terms of ramp up bonus. Even fought to get bonus however they changed requirements and never relayed the information due to too many organizational changes

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Atlanta, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied online. The process took 5 months - interviewed at Comverge in September 2010.

Painful. The interview is tough, which is fine. But the approval process and time to hire is challenging. Takes several months.

Interview Questions
    • Present a financial analysis with no details provided.   Answer Question
    Painful. Takes a long, long time for them to make a decision.

Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Comverge in July 2010.

HR was really communicative. I was sending many resumes into the resume internet blackhole, but Comverge responded within one day to my application, and the emails/calls kept coming. There was never a gap in communication.

People came in and out of the interview, which would probably make an interviewee nervous, but it seemed to be normal at this place, so I went along with it. There was nothing extraordinary about the interview.

Interview Questions
    • There were no specific interview questions that were difficult. I don't think they interview by trying to trick the person or by giving them impossible questions, they really wanted to get a feel for the person.   Answer Question
    I accepted as-was, no negotiation.

Commercial Sales Representative Interview

Very simple just few questions like where you work and what you done in past

no only one offer

Technical Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  East Hanover, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in East Hanover, NJ

The process took 2 days - interviewed at Comverge in June 2008.

The interview process consisted of 4 personal interviews with boss, team members and upper management. In addition, a presentation was required related to education, working experience, and a technical problem provided prior to meeting. Individual questions were not technical but rather to test general knowledge and approach to problems. There was also a prior phone interview to review resume and experience with hiring manager.

Interview Questions
    • Describe your experience working with energy companies such as utilities and vendors in the industry.   Answer Question
    Was able to negotiate salary up ~ 10%. Seems that they build an assumed negotiation into first offer. Vacation and bonus may also be negotiable.

Commercial Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Kennett Square, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kennett Square, PA

The process took 2 days - interviewed at Comverge in September 2011.

General interview, HR called up and asked basic question about experience, marketing knowledge and gave general job description. Was asked to have a phone interview with the sales manager. From there met with him in person in a group setting. Pretty straight forward, easy interview.

Interview Questions
    Yes. They will state at first it is non negotiable, but keep pushing, they can negotiate a little.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Norcross, GA

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at Comverge in April 2011.

Hiring manager called me at 8:30 at night wanting to set up a phone interview for the next day. He got my voice mail. Calls again at 10am, asking if I got his message. Dude, you're not my boss yet. After hearing that I hadn't worked in several months, he set up a phone interview for later that day, then didn't call. Clearly not someone I would want to work for anyway, so whatever. Glad I didn't waste more time on it.

Director of Program Offices Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Norcross, GA

The process took 3 months - interviewed at Comverge in September 2010.

Behavioral Interview with former Operations VP, New Operations VP and Director of Program Admin
    Process took too long...it was apparant after employed that senior managers did not review any resumes that entered through their recruiting system.

None... Offered very low end and accepted
    No options or any other incentives given to other personnel at same level

Executive Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Norcross, GA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Comverge in November 2010.

Went in to interview for one position-thought it went well. Then they thought that I would be better suited for another department. Came back to meet with the head of that department in what I thought was a great meeting. An offer was made 2 days later.

Interview Questions
    • They asked about flexibility as that is a #1 requirement in this position.   View Answer
    The negotiation process went well, though they were firm in their offer without room for compromise. However, after much consideration based on last minute added responsibilities (they were looking for an additional EA position to fill, but felt it best to add another executive to my new roster and save the $ for an additional salary), they finally met what I was asking for and I am excited to start soon.

My advice in considering an offer? Be certain to know what your worth from the beginning and don't let the market comparisons scare you from asking for more. It helps to have the experience and confidence to 'back up' your reasoning for asking for certain perks, but above all else, if you don't think you're worth more, neither will they. And be willing to walk away, if you dont think that you are getting what you need after a lot of thought and negotiating. The key is to ask-that's part of the 'negotiation phase' for a job offer and lastly, get everything in writing. Verbal negotiations have a tendency to be forgotten over time. Nothing ventured, nothing gained.

Worked for Comverge? Contribute to the Community!