Comverse Interview Questions

Updated Aug 3, 2015

2.9

Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mount Laurel, NJ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Comverse (Mount Laurel, NJ).

Interview

Several round with key stakeholders and eventually with the division head. The interviewers were all professional and friendly. They care more of your past experiences. Was not being "testing" for anything technical. They also spend a lot time explaining the organization.

Interview Questions

• Questions around your past experience. One manager asked for sample report you wrote from the previous job.   Answer Question

Program Manager Interview

Interview

Phone interview with HR Recruiting member. Live Interview was rescheduled once due to customer escalation. Interview conducted with the hiring manager. He then brought in his Director for a brief introduction. The interview lasted about an hour.

Interview Questions

• None. Most questions were run of the mill interview questions   Answer Question

Product Sales Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mount Laurel, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Comverse (Mount Laurel, NJ) in April 2014.

Interview

4 different interviews, long selection process, first phone screening, interview with responsible for the selection, interview with head of department, interview with direct manager, cross interview with other manager, second interview with head of department, interview with HR.

Interview Questions

• Previous experience, references, knowledge of customers, previous projects participated, knowledge of technical details, market trends, hot topics for customers   1 Answer

Revenue Managerial Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Comverse in April 2013.

Interview

it was a detailed and thorough review of Software Revenue Guidance and pro forma situation questions.Met with the CFO, CEO, VP of Finance, and the Revenue Manager. The Revenue Manager was being promoted to Controller.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Yes, test the waters.

Software Test Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pune (India)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Comverse (Pune (India)) in April 2014.

Interview

Process was good and simple. Had 4 rounds, 3 telephonic and one Skype. Rounds were simple and to the point about position. First round had Unix and SQL questions Second round was more of technical on my past experience Third round was for Skype and was just a formality. Last round was with VP which included Analytic ability question primarily along with few others.

Interview Questions

• Questions were about Unix, SQL, and few analytical ability.   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in São Paulo, São Paulo (Brazil)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Comverse (São Paulo, São Paulo (Brazil)).

Interview

A bit confusing, but follow standard process!

Negotiation

Straight!

SSE Interview

Anonymous Employee in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Comverse (Gurgaon, Haryana (India)) in August 2013.

Interview

They take a written exam. After written exam, they took a long time to conduct an interview . Then there was an interview in India , and afterwards, one interview from Tel-Aviv Israel

Interview Questions

• Technical (about your project and roles and responsibilites)   Answer Question

Systems Engineer Interview

Interview

1) work exp:-excellent 2) work environment:-difficult 3) good exposure

Senior Accountant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Makati City (Philippines)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Comverse (Makati City (Philippines)) in June 2013.

Interview

Briefly discuss Comverse as a company and current role being offered. Walkthrough my resume, expounding my work experiences acquired from different companies. Discussed the products of Comverse and briefly discuss the job responsibilities of the role being offered. Since this was a pioneer role, the hiring manager discuss the role and what country I am supposed to handle.

Interview Questions

• 1. How do you know Comverse? 2. Briefly discuss your work experiences.   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Comverse (Gurgaon, Haryana (India)) in January 2013.

Interview

Usually starts with telephonic interview followed by face to face and VP & HR round. it's sometimes your luck as even after clearing technical round, one might be rejected in last round. overall, lengthy process and can irritate if you are looking out actively.

Interview Questions

• how many petrol pumps are in Gurgaon?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Negotiation is tough so whatever is decided, they might not compromise on that.