Con Edison

Very Easy Interview

Electrical Tech Interview

Electrical Tech
Flushing, NY

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Con Edison in February 2014.

Interview Details – I was probably an anomaly but I had a hilariously bad experience.

It was a cold day and I went in for an interview at 9. At 8:40 at the front booth, security needed to call my point of contact, so I can be verified and buzzed in. The HR lady did not pick up. I stood there for 30 minutes in 15F weather, calling the lady, and it kept going to voicemail. I called the recruiter, and she also didn't pick up (she never has once). It was enough for me so I went to Home Depot to warm up.

Finally the HR lady texts me at 9:30, apologizes, and tells me to go back. A guy comes down for me, but he gets the next interviewee too scheduled for 10am. The guy says that the HR lady was not in a meeting, she called in sick.

I was interviewed by 2 employees and a manager. The two workers were very friendly. One of them mentioned my lips were purple, and it's true I had no blood left in my head due to the cold. Anyway the manager rushed my interview, tried to fail me a few times, finally asked me if I could work off a 40 foot ladder. I said no, as it was honest. Interview was over, I was given the boot. 15 minute interview. Manager was nice enough to offer to bump my name up for a different position, but at that point I just wanted to fall off a 40 foot ladder and die.

I was a block away from the company, when a Con Edison van pulled up. The guy inside somehow knew I interviewed and tried to make me feel better. He said the manager was BSing about the 40 foot ladder, that he just wanted someone to say yes to all his questions. They don't climb ladders, they use buckets.

I saw a lot of people at the office, other techs, etc, and they all looked so friendly and easy going. They were all so nice, except the manager. Agh I hate my life.

Interview Questions

• None were that difficult. But they will exaggerate some questions and expect you to say yes, regardless.   Answer Question
  • Can you work off a 40 foot ladder?   View Answer

Worked for Con Edison? Contribute to the Community!