Con Edison

19 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Operating Mechanic A Interview

Operating Mechanic A

I applied online and the process took 5 months - interviewed at Con Edison.

Interview Details – The interview process took about 5 months in total. I applied online and was contacted by email that the company was interested in me. The first step is to take a multi-part test which consisted of numerical cumputations, basic IQ questions, as well as technical steam plant questions. After came the interview. The interview was conducted by two operating managers. The interview was long (about 2 hours) and was a "cookie cutter" interview where all the questions they asked you were already printed on the form. The first part was 20-30 yes or no questions geared to asking if you would be willing to do (blank). Then the next section was a lengthy interview based on your resume and past experiences to see if you can actually operate. Overall it wasn't very difficult.

Interview Question – There was no one difficult question. Just be honest and you will do fine.   Answer Question

GOLD Program Interview

GOLD Program

Interviewed at Con Edison

Interview Details – The interview was conducted by two people. One was in HR and the other was a technical person. They were both very nice and easygoing. You must be prepared. They will ask you about the company - facts. If you mention an achievement, such as a report/paper they might ask you to submit it. Just know everything on your resume and be prepared to answer any questions on it.

Interview Question – Give us one reason why you might not want the job.   View Answer

Regular Summer Intern (NOT Gold Program) Interview

Regular Summer Intern (NOT Gold Program)
New York, NY

I applied online - interviewed at Con Edison in June 2014.

Interview Details – I submitted my resume online and i got called in a few days later for a 30 minute interview with two people, who brought me into a room and asked me a series of questions that i have listed below for you guys.

Interview Question – 1) What are some of your extracurricular activities?
2) What is your major and why did you choose it?
3) Why do you want to work for Con Edison?
4) Name a few things you know about Con Edison?
5) Name a time you took on a leadership role?
6) What are some of your technical skills?
7) What are some of your computer skills?
8) Scenario question: A co worker who's your friend takes a computer home even when its against the policy. What would do?
  Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I had to choose an answer I'm still waiting on an answer, just took the interview today

Intern Interview

Intern
New York, NY

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Con Edison.

Interview Details – Phone interview first. Called back for in person interview the next day. It was a group interview, but do not be intimidated because everyone is very nice. Just be yourself and know some company background.

Interview Question – Scenario question.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation.

Supply Chain Intern Interview

Supply Chain Intern

Interviewed at Con Edison

Interview Details – They have a set of interview questions; basically they ask behavioral questions but also might give some hypothetical scenario and ask you what would you do in that situation.

Interview Question – Some scenarios.   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Electrical Tech Interview

Electrical Tech
Flushing, NY

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Con Edison in February 2014.

Interview Details – I was probably an anomaly but I had a hilariously bad experience.

It was a cold day and I went in for an interview at 9. At 8:40 at the front booth, security needed to call my point of contact, so I can be verified and buzzed in. The HR lady did not pick up. I stood there for 30 minutes in 15F weather, calling the lady, and it kept going to voicemail. I called the recruiter, and she also didn't pick up (she never has once). It was enough for me so I went to Home Depot to warm up.

Finally the HR lady texts me at 9:30, apologizes, and tells me to go back. A guy comes down for me, but he gets the next interviewee too scheduled for 10am. The guy says that the HR lady was not in a meeting, she called in sick.

I was interviewed by 2 employees and a manager. The two workers were very friendly. One of them mentioned my lips were purple, and it's true I had no blood left in my head due to the cold. Anyway the manager rushed my interview, tried to fail me a few times, finally asked me if I could work off a 40 foot ladder. I said no, as it was honest. Interview was over, I was given the boot. 15 minute interview. Manager was nice enough to offer to bump my name up for a different position, but at that point I just wanted to fall off a 40 foot ladder and die.

I was a block away from the company, when a Con Edison van pulled up. The guy inside somehow knew I interviewed and tried to make me feel better. He said the manager was BSing about the 40 foot ladder, that he just wanted someone to say yes to all his questions. They don't climb ladders, they use buckets.

I saw a lot of people at the office, other techs, etc, and they all looked so friendly and easy going. They were all so nice, except the manager. Agh I hate my life.

Interview Questions

• None were that difficult. But they will exaggerate some questions and expect you to say yes, regardless.   Answer Question
  • Can you work off a 40 foot ladder?   View Answer

Operator Mechanic A Interview

Operator Mechanic A

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Con Edison.

Interview Details – Submitted application in May, tested in June, interviewed in July and received a job offer in August. Overall a very good and speedy process. Interview questions were very relevant to the position unlike a lot of other companies that ask general questions. Make sure you know the equipment in steam generating plants.

Interview Question – How would you handle working with an employee you did not get along with?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Union position. No negotiations.

Engineering Or Computer Aide Interview

Engineering Or Computer Aide
Bronx, NY

I applied through college or university and interviewed at Con Edison.

Interview Details – The interview was not difficult at all, you are asked basic question about your education. They continue it by asking what are positions where you had to be a leader. Also you will be asked about how you handled large projects. Keep in mind what is your GPA or cumulative GPA.

Interview Question – No technical question but a hypothetical question will be asked of what would you do if a intern friend working at Con Edison took home a work computer for personal uses. If you immediately think of telling your supervisor, they might say your supervisor said it was okay, thought it ALWAYS against company policies.   View Answer

GOLD Associate Interview

GOLD Associate

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Con Edison.

Interview Details – The first interview was a one-on-one interview that asks you situational type questions "what would you do if...?" Some questions seemed to have a slight emphasis on leadership, and if you are a leader, or if you actually do things and not just take exams and get grades.

It's a 2-part interview, and very few are accepted into the Gold Associate program.

Interview Question – What are some of your extracurricular activities?   View Answer

Very Easy Interview

Sales Interview

Sales
New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Con Edison in March 2010.

Interview Details – They called me and interviewed me.

Interview Question – Whats your worst quality   Answer Question

Worked for Con Edison? Contribute to the Community!