Con Edison Solutions

www.conedisonsolutions.com
  www.conedisonsolutions.com

Con Edison Solutions Interview Questions

Services Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Con Edison Solutions in February 2014.

It was not a good use of my time. 5 hour interview with no breaks. After the interview they wanted my W-2' and 1099's for the past 3 years. I said no and they asked for my pay stubs for the past 7 years. Do not waste your time with them. A few of the folks I interviewed with let me know they were not happy and the rest had nothing of value to add.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Valhalla, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Valhalla, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Con Edison Solutions in July 2011.

There were about 5 or 6 people in the room asking questions about me. Pretty basic questions about the company, my interests, as well as how much I researched the company beforehand. Then asked for some simple Excel questions at the end of the interview like Vlookups and pulling data into Excel.

Interview Questions
    • An Excel question, probably because I was slightly unqualified at the time. Now that I look back upon it, it was valid. Excel question asking how to do a basic vlookup.   Answer Question

Senior Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in White Plains, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in White Plains, NY

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Con Edison Solutions in December 2010.

The interview process was beyond anything I'd ever experienced before. I was there at the offices for at least 4 hours, probably more. When scheduling interviews while still employed this is very difficult. On top of that I met with about 7 different people three of whom interviewed me at the same time. This is a senior level position, not an officer or executive. it seemed like overkill to me. I met with several people that day whom the position would not be reporting to or even working closely with. I'm not sure why they put candidates through such a tedious process. I was literally exhausted when I left there because it was more like I was on the stand being interrogated than at an interview for a position I should someday like. One woman (whom the position didn't report to) had pages of typed questions and wrote the entire time. I did not feel like I was being given any feedback on how the were assessing me and quite honestly I felt as though if they are grilling me so hard right now what was the work environment going to be like. I did not get a good feeling about it at all. The whole thing was a shame too because the direst report manager was really a nice guy. if it wasn't for him I porbably would have walked out of there before the interviews were even over. All in all their process was taking too long and I'd already received an offer somewhere else, so I withdrew my application.

Interview Questions
    • Quite honeslty with seven different people questioning me I don't remember any one thing that stood out worse than the others.   Answer Question

Senior Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Con Edison Solutions in March 2010.

They have a complete and effient interview process with typical behavioral questions.

Interview Questions
    • Give an example of project you have perform and make you realize your stength/weakness   View Answer
    • Given a work senario, how do you approach the project   View Answer
    Not much room for negotiation due to corporate structure. But they do make you feel that you are valued.

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Valhall (Sweden)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Valhall (Sweden)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Con Edison Solutions.

The interview process was detailed with technical and process centric questions as well as historical experience questions. Back ground checks and drug testing is required.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you want to leave your current position and why do you want to join Con Edison Solutions. What qualities do you bring to the company.   Answer Question
    Quick and fair.

Operations Analyst Interview

Originally met with an HR representative. After that spoke with the Director and Asst. Director of the group followed by a panel of all other supporting members of the Commodities group.

Interview Questions
    • The questions were more based on experience. They also have you complete an Excel quiz in a half hour time. It mainly involved pivot tables and Vlookups. Some of the data was in spreadsheets while other data sources needed to be imported from websites.   Answer Question