Con Edison of New York Customer Field Representative Interview Questions & Reviews

2 interviews

2 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Customer Field Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Brooklyn, NY
Anonymous Employee in Brooklyn, NY

I interviewed online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Con Edison of New York in April 2012.

First exam is fully computerized, it will check your English knowledge, basic math and vocabulary; some people will loose their chance to continue after the first part if this exam. In the first part is no calculators, you need to do some math and reasoning. They will give you calculators to solve second part, I got lost a bit in meter ratings, but since it was a timed test, I tried to guess for my best knowledge. If you pass it, they will let you know by phone and then email. Then second exam is scheduled, it is simulated customer interaction, you will hear how CS speaks and then will record your own and listen to it, and then in graded section you will be given a chance to come up with your own words to speak to a customer (prior recorded). Before you leave, they will let you know if your work is accepted. The result of this test if positive, will end up in a congratulation call to schedule your panel interview in a call center directly. Two persons will give you series of questions read from a booklet to see how you will handle different situations, behave with difficult customer, or describe your abilities. That was a hard part for me, I not such a good speaker, so I got an email like on 3rd day, that I did not pass it. If I would it would end up in 6-8 week training, full time from 8-4:30pm in their Queens based Learning Center (very nice facility, testing is done there), and then job placement at any given shift, part time 20 hours a week, any type of weather. The position is an entry point for may jobs with ConEd, so I see why they always hire. Lately I heard, that you can reapply in 6 month if you did not pass again. Not sure if I would.

Interview Questions
  • How would you behave if a customer is very angry and cursing and it's a second customer already?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Con Edison of New York

Customer Field Representative Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Con Edison of New York in December 2011.

I applied for the position online about a month ago. A week later, I received a call to take a 6 part test for that following week. The 6 part test includes a written driving test, basic reading, basic math, comprehension, memory, and basic mechanical questions. The test was taken in a computer lab and the test was about 3 hours long. You had to pass all 6 parts.

After the 6 part test, there's the road test. The road test is very easy. They just want to see how well you can drive. It is not strict like the DMV. Once you pass the road test, then it's the interview.

The interview consists of 30 yes/no questions. You have to say yes to all of them to qualify because it applies to the job you are going for. The rest is behavioral and situational questions. There were two people in a conference room and they'll drill you with questions and they both will write down the answers. The interview is 30 minutes long. Most of your answers will be repetitive. They also want to know how you would use your previous job experience on the job you are applying for.

After the interview, they will forward the information to HR. You will not know if you passed the interview at that time. You should receive a phone call the following week to have a medical exam scheduled.

I was very nervous throughout the whole process, but overall, it was easy.

Interview Questions
    • Name some experiences you had working in basements, walking up & down stairs, and working in inclement weather?   Answer Question
    • Have you ever worked in a high crime neighborhood and how would you go about working in neighborhood?   Answer Question
    No, I was not able to negotiate.

Worked for Con Edison of New York? Contribute to the Community!