Con Edison of New York Gold Associate Interview Questions

Updated Jul 15, 2015

3.1

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ monthsinterviewed at Con Edison of New York (New York, NY).

Interview

The first step is a phone interview with HR, and it lasts about an hour. The questions are very basic - what do you know about the company, what interests you in the program, what type of leadership roles and internships have you had in the past. The next round is held in their headquarters in the city. You meet with recruiter who gives you two short essays to write asking about leadership experiences and qualities. Then you go through an interview with two senior Con Edison employees who went through the program. The questions are more detailed about leadership experience, general industry and company knowledge, and a few situational questions about situations you might face on the job. I heard back with a final decision about a month later.

Interview Questions

• Please describe a time when you assumed a leadership role on a team project.   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Con Edison of New York

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Con Edison of New York (New York, NY) in February 2015.

Interview

Applied online and received a phone call for an interview about 2 months later. Went in for a first round interview and met with one past Gold Associate. All behavioral questions this round. About a week after the first round I was called back for a second round interview that would take place the next week. The second round was a bit more technical and they really expected you to show knowledge on utilities and show a lot of personal initiative examples. They ensured me I would have a response in roughly 30 days. I did not hear from them after 5 weeks and it took a lot of pestering HR to finally have an answer. I understand that there a lot of candidates, but its extremely unprofessional to continue to ignore a job candidate.

Interview Questions

• Tell me what you know about utilities and how electricity is generated.   Answer Question

GOLD Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Con Edison of New York in November 2014.

Interview

First I had an on campus interview with one of the graduates of the gold program from my school. The interview was very basic and not very difficult. A week later I was told I had an interview in Manhattan at their corporate headquarters. I arrived and was escorted upstairs where I was interviewed by two people who asked me questions about my engineering background and wanted to know about my past experiences. They also asked various situational based questions. Two weeks after the interview I received a email for the personality exam and one month after taking the exam I was told I had been selected.

Interview Questions

• None, pretty straight forward.   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation, most entry level jobs don't let you negotiate, take it or leave it.

GOLD Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Con Edison of New York.

Interview

General behavioural questions, which was the first interview, just be calm and confidence. The interviewers are graduates of the program, Its quite interactive and friendly. I am still waiting on the second interview which I was told its will be technical questions based on what I have in my resuming.

GOLD Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Con Edison of New York.

Interview

I applied online for the rotational gold program. In few days received an email for scheduling an interview. Interview was quite basic. Interviewer asked about my interest in the position and why i will be the suitable choice. Asked about the projects i worked on, difficult situation, where do you expect yourself in 5 years . Duration of the interview was 50 min. You will get the further response in a week.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Con Edison of New York (New York, NY) in November 2013.

Interview

Con Edison had representatives on campus. I spoke to them and handed them my resume. After a week I received a call for an initial interview. About two weeks later I was told to go to the city and have in person interview. Here the interview process was 3 parts. One technical, one behavioral and another you meet with the manager of the program. In late december I was asked to fill some paperwork and In january i did an online personality test. I received my offer a few days later.

Interview Questions

• a lot of basic programming questions that you learn freshman year and forget as time goes by.   1 Answer

Negotiation

no negotiation

GOLD Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5+ monthsinterviewed at Con Edison of New York.

Interview

The process is very long. The first round interview includes a lot of basic questions about your background and past experiences. The second round, however, is completely behavioral-based questions. There are barely introductions - straight to the questions, rapid fire style. After the interview, you have to write two essay questions. Once you pass this part of the process, you will receive a link to complete two different online personality tests.

Interview Questions

• Con Edison is very big on "celebrating success", so think of ways you do this in your personal/academic life. There are a lot of behavioral based questions, and they keep asking you follow up questions. They want to see how you handle pressure.   Answer Question

GOLD Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6+ monthsinterviewed at Con Edison of New York.

Interview

Took first interview, was verbally told would get second interview and was never reached out to. Returned no emails.

GOLD Associate Interview

Application

The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Con Edison of New York.

Interview

Multiple interviews with former GOLD associates and current employees. 99% of the questions were read from pre-made sheets. Of those questions about 90% involved behavioral based questions. They are more concerned with your people and customer service skills than anything else it seems. Questions ranged from: What do you know about Con Edison? Where do you see yourself in 5 years? Why this company? Tell me about a difficult situation? What would you do if your boss resigned and you got his position? Also be able to speak about your resume and leadership skills.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a project your worked on, and what was your role. How would you deal with a peer/coworker who wouldn't pull their weight.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Con Edison of New York (New York, NY) in January 2013.

Interview

Interviewed by two previous program participants. First 10 questions were technical (related to my specific field) and the rest were behavioral.

Interview Questions

• If you were in billing, how would you handle an irate customer who has claimed to pay their bill but proof of payment is not showing up on the company computers?   Answer Question