Con Edison of New York

Getting the Interview

11 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

New York, NY

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Con Edison of New York in November 2013.

Interview Details – Con Edison had representatives on campus. I spoke to them and handed them my resume. After a week I received a call for an initial interview. About two weeks later I was told to go to the city and have in person interview. Here the interview process was 3 parts. One technical, one behavioral and another you meet with the manager of the program. In late december I was asked to fill some paperwork and In january i did an online personality test. I received my offer a few days later.

Interview Question – a lot of basic programming questions that you learn freshman year and forget as time goes by.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – no negotiation

New York, NY

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Con Edison of New York in January 2013.

Interview Details – Behavioral interview over the phone that was about 30 minutes. Actual interview at the New York office. Most of the interview was technical, with a lot of emphasis on project planning. The in office interview consisted of two interviewers that alternated asking questions. One would ask the question the other take notes.

Interview Question – If you were asked to get the average number of customers in a bank over the course of the week how would you do it? You cannot talk to any of the customers, you only have 30 minutes at the bank to figure out the average.   View Answer

Gold Associate

I applied through college or university and the process took 5 months - interviewed at Con Edison of New York.

Interview Details – The process is very long. The first round interview includes a lot of basic questions about your background and past experiences. The second round, however, is completely behavioral-based questions. There are barely introductions - straight to the questions, rapid fire style. After the interview, you have to write two essay questions. Once you pass this part of the process, you will receive a link to complete two different online personality tests.

Interview Question – Con Edison is very big on "celebrating success", so think of ways you do this in your personal/academic life. There are a lot of behavioral based questions, and they keep asking you follow up questions. They want to see how you handle pressure.   Answer Question

Gold Associate

I applied through college or university and the process took 6 months - interviewed at Con Edison of New York.

Interview Details – Took first interview, was verbally told would get second interview and was never reached out to. Returned no emails.

Interview Question – dont remember   Answer Question

Gold Associate

The process took 3 months - interviewed at Con Edison of New York.

Interview Details – Multiple interviews with former GOLD associates and current employees. 99% of the questions were read from pre-made sheets. Of those questions about 90% involved behavioral based questions. They are more concerned with your people and customer service skills than anything else it seems.

Questions ranged from:
What do you know about Con Edison?
Where do you see yourself in 5 years?
Why this company?
Tell me about a difficult situation?
What would you do if your boss resigned and you got his position?

Also be able to speak about your resume and leadership skills.

Interview Question – Tell me about a project your worked on, and what was your role. How would you deal with a peer/coworker who wouldn't pull their weight.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation.

Interviewed at Con Edison of New York

Interview Details – I sent in an application and was selected for an interview.
Questions were pretty standard; basic questions about the resume, knowledge about the company; strengths and weaknesses. They wrote down the answers they had on a sheet of paper. They asked whether I knew MS Office, so you might want to put that down especially.

Interview Question – They asked about the least favorable aspect of working at ConEd.   View Answer

New York, NY

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Con Edison of New York in January 2013.

Interview Details – Interviewed by two previous program participants. First 10 questions were technical (related to my specific field) and the rest were behavioral.

Interview Question – If you were in billing, how would you handle an irate customer who has claimed to pay their bill but proof of payment is not showing up on the company computers?   Answer Question

New York, NY

The process took 3 months - interviewed at Con Edison of New York in December 2010.

Interview Details – I was first contacted by email after applying through my school job postings. My first interview consisted of a 1:1 interview with a person who graduated from my school. She was really nice and everything went smoothly. The interview was supposed to last an hour but it only lasted about 30 minutes. It was a simple interview where i was asked about my skills, no curveballs. I was then contacted by phone by an HR representative and told that I moved on to the next interview. The second interview was with two engineers. This was a much tougher interview and it did last an hour. I was asked technical questions (basic Circuits 2). Also, the entire interview was mostly behavioral , which Con Edison really likes. After the interview, I was asked to answer "Why I would like to work for Con Ed and what do I bring to the table?"

Interview Question – If you were a supervisor for two weeks and you were promoted to manager unexpectedly, what would you do?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I did not negotiate

Interviewed at Con Edison of New York

Interview Details – It was a standard phone interview. Rather simple questions such as what is oop, what is dynamic dispatching, and other standard cs concepts. There were also questions about how I would go about implementing a bank account class

Interview Question – Where do you see yourself in 5 years?   Answer Question

Gold Associate

The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Con Edison of New York in December 2010.

Interview Details – I applied through Con Ed's career website. I was called for first round interview. I had one on one interview in December. The interview wasn't that hard. They have a booklet where they have questions and they ask accordingly. As you answer, they jot down your answer on that booklet. After 3 weeks, I was called for second round interview.

Interview Questions

Interviews for Top Jobs at Con Edison of New York

Worked for Con Edison of New York? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Con Edison of New York Gold Associate interview questions and advice. All 11 interview reviews posted anonymously by Con Edison of New York employees and interview candidates.