Con Edison of New York

Updated Dec 13, 2014
Updated Dec 13, 2014

3.2

GOLD Associate Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Con Edison of New York in November 2014.

First I had an on campus interview with one of the graduates of the gold program from my school. The interview was very basic and not very difficult. A week later I was told I had an interview in Manhattan at their corporate headquarters. I arrived and was escorted upstairs where I was interviewed by two people who asked me questions about my engineering background and wanted to know about my past experiences. They also asked various situational based questions. Two weeks after the interview I received a email for the personality exam and one month after taking the exam I was told I had been selected.

Interview Questions
No negotiation, most entry level jobs don't let you negotiate, take it or leave it.

Other Interview Reviews for Con Edison of New York

GOLD Associate Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Con Edison of New York.

General behavioural questions, which was the first interview, just be calm and confidence.
    The interviewers are graduates of the program, Its quite interactive and friendly. I am still waiting on the second interview which I was told its will be technical questions based on what I have in my resuming.

GOLD Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Con Edison of New York.

I applied online for the rotational gold program. In few days received an email for scheduling an interview. Interview was quite basic. Interviewer asked about my interest in the position and why i will be the suitable choice. Asked about the projects i worked on, difficult situation, where do you expect yourself in 5 years . Duration of the interview was 50 min. You will get the further response in a week.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Con Edison of New York in November 2013.

Con Edison had representatives on campus. I spoke to them and handed them my resume. After a week I received a call for an initial interview. About two weeks later I was told to go to the city and have in person interview. Here the interview process was 3 parts. One technical, one behavioral and another you meet with the manager of the program. In late december I was asked to fill some paperwork and In january i did an online personality test. I received my offer a few days later.

Interview Questions
    • a lot of basic programming questions that you learn freshman year and forget as time goes by.   View Answer
    no negotiation

GOLD Associate Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 5+ monthsinterviewed at Con Edison of New York.

The process is very long. The first round interview includes a lot of basic questions about your background and past experiences. The second round, however, is completely behavioral-based questions. There are barely introductions - straight to the questions, rapid fire style. After the interview, you have to write two essay questions. Once you pass this part of the process, you will receive a link to complete two different online personality tests.

Interview Questions
    • Con Edison is very big on "celebrating success", so think of ways you do this in your personal/academic life. There are a lot of behavioral based questions, and they keep asking you follow up questions. They want to see how you handle pressure.   Answer Question

GOLD Associate Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 6+ monthsinterviewed at Con Edison of New York.

Took first interview, was verbally told would get second interview and was never reached out to. Returned no emails.

GOLD Associate Interview

The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Con Edison of New York.

Multiple interviews with former GOLD associates and current employees. 99% of the questions were read from pre-made sheets. Of those questions about 90% involved behavioral based questions. They are more concerned with your people and customer service skills than anything else it seems.

Questions ranged from:
    What do you know about Con Edison?
    Where do you see yourself in 5 years?
    Why this company?
    Tell me about a difficult situation?
    What would you do if your boss resigned and you got his position?

Also be able to speak about your resume and leadership skills.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a project your worked on, and what was your role. How would you deal with a peer/coworker who wouldn't pull their weight.   Answer Question
    No negotiation.

GOLD Associate Interview

I sent in an application and was selected for an interview.
    Questions were pretty standard; basic questions about the resume, knowledge about the company; strengths and weaknesses. They wrote down the answers they had on a sheet of paper. They asked whether I knew MS Office, so you might want to put that down especially.

Interview Questions
    • They asked about the least favorable aspect of working at ConEd.   View Answer

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Con Edison of New York in January 2013.

Interviewed by two previous program participants. First 10 questions were technical (related to my specific field) and the rest were behavioral.

Interview Questions
    • If you were in billing, how would you handle an irate customer who has claimed to pay their bill but proof of payment is not showing up on the company computers?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Con Edison of New York in January 2013.

Behavioral interview over the phone that was about 30 minutes. Actual interview at the New York office. Most of the interview was technical, with a lot of emphasis on project planning. The in office interview consisted of two interviewers that alternated asking questions. One would ask the question the other take notes.

Interview Questions
    • If you were asked to get the average number of customers in a bank over the course of the week how would you do it? You cannot talk to any of the customers, you only have 30 minutes at the bank to figure out the average.   View Answer