Con Edison of New York Interview Questions & Reviews

56 interviews

Senior Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Long Island City, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Long Island City, NY

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 3 months - interviewed at Con Edison of New York in December 2010.

Jobs are posted on our Website. Once you apply you will receive a confirmation e-mail scheduling you to come into test for the position. If you qualify on the test(s), you will be scheduled for an interview. The process is lengthly, but we are working on enhancing it.

Interview Questions
    Very straight forward. They made me an offer, I knew before had what I wanted and I was happy with it and I accepted it. This is a wonderful opportunity just getting in, so I was grateful for the opportunity,

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Con Edison of New York in February 2013.

Phone call to screen applicant qualifications and then an in person interview.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 3 months - interviewed at Con Edison of New York in November 2013.

Con Edison had representatives on campus. I spoke to them and handed them my resume. After a week I received a call for an initial interview. About two weeks later I was told to go to the city and have in person interview. Here the interview process was 3 parts. One technical, one behavioral and another you meet with the manager of the program. In late december I was asked to fill some paperwork and In january i did an online personality test. I received my offer a few days later.

Interview Questions
    • a lot of basic programming questions that you learn freshman year and forget as time goes by.   View Answer
    no negotiation

Engineering Aide Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Con Edison of New York in October 2012.

The hiring process went as expected there were no surprises. The questions were mostly about explaining how I work with others, telling them about a time when I solved a problem and the results of it. what are my goals? What would I do if I had a friend who stole an item from the company how would I handle that situation? These were basic questions that should be practiced before hand. If you practice you will land the job.

Engineering Aide Interview

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Con Edison of New York.

Got a email and scheduled for a interview. It was a good experience. The interviewer is extremely nice. We had the interview for about an hour. There were a lot of basic questions. Also be prepared for the questions about Con Edison.

Interview Questions
    • If you tell your friends about Con Edison, what will you say about it.   Answer Question

Management Associate Interview

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 3 months - interviewed at Con Edison of New York in October 2012.

On campus recruitment. 1st interview was on campus and mainly behavioral questions (Lots of what if this happens, how would you react in this situation?) 2nd Interview was at headquarters with past GOLD associates that are currently senior managers. There were a few technical questions that relates to your major and case studies.

After you passed the 2nd interview, they will send you an email with links to take behavioral tests.

Interview Questions
    • If your manager promotes you to a higher position (manager) and your co-workers do not think you're qualify because they have more experience than you, how would you respond to this situation?   Answer Question
    I did not negotiate.

Anonymous Employee  in  New York, NY
    Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Con Edison of New York in January 2013.

Behavioral interview over the phone that was about 30 minutes. Actual interview at the New York office. Most of the interview was technical, with a lot of emphasis on project planning. The in office interview consisted of two interviewers that alternated asking questions. One would ask the question the other take notes.

Interview Questions
    • If you were asked to get the average number of customers in a bank over the course of the week how would you do it? You cannot talk to any of the customers, you only have 30 minutes at the bank to figure out the average.   View Answer

GOLD Associate Interview

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 5 months - interviewed at Con Edison of New York.

The process is very long. The first round interview includes a lot of basic questions about your background and past experiences. The second round, however, is completely behavioral-based questions. There are barely introductions - straight to the questions, rapid fire style. After the interview, you have to write two essay questions. Once you pass this part of the process, you will receive a link to complete two different online personality tests.

Interview Questions
    • Con Edison is very big on "celebrating success", so think of ways you do this in your personal/academic life. There are a lot of behavioral based questions, and they keep asking you follow up questions. They want to see how you handle pressure.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I interviewed online - interviewed at Con Edison of New York in May 2009.

I applied online on their site for an intern position in the Accounts Department. I got a call in about 3 weeks after applying online, and was scheduled for an interview. I thought I would be interviewed by someone from the HR, but was directly interviewed by the Head of the Accounts Department. The manager was really good, asked general questions, like why would I like to work for ConEd, what do I know about the company. Nothing difficult.

Interview Questions
    • There was nothing difficult per say, but I would say they wanted to see you as a team player. So they did ask me example or two where I did show leadership qualities and also worked as a team player.   View Answer
    I was an intern, so I didn't negotiate or anything, but they pay was pretty good, for someone as a Freshman.

Network Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  New York, NY
    Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Con Edison of New York in October 2010.

I got the interview through a recruiting firm. I ended up meeting with a couple of managers that was not that technical but they did explain what they needed. I beleive their trust was in the recruiting firm that gave me the technical interview. SInce the trust was placed within the recruiting firm I believe it was more based on personal character. They were looking for a person that could communicate with them and get things done with little input from them.

Interview Questions
    • The questions pertain how I would deal with working with others and management mostly and less about daily duties.   Answer Question