Con Edison of New York

Relevance Date Difficulty

Senior Specialist Interview

Senior Specialist
Long Island City, NY

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Con Edison of New York in December 2010.

Interview Details – Jobs are posted on our Website. Once you apply you will receive a confirmation e-mail scheduling you to come into test for the position. If you qualify on the test(s), you will be scheduled for an interview. The process is lengthly, but we are working on enhancing it.

Interview Question – Questions were fair, nothing unexpected.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Very straight forward. They made me an offer, I knew before had what I wanted and I was happy with it and I accepted it. This is a wonderful opportunity just getting in, so I was grateful for the opportunity,

Intern Interview

Intern
New York, NY

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Con Edison of New York in February 2013.

Interview Details – Phone call to screen applicant qualifications and then an in person interview.

Interview Question – describe a time you worked on a team   Answer Question

New York, NY

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Con Edison of New York in November 2013.

Interview Details – Con Edison had representatives on campus. I spoke to them and handed them my resume. After a week I received a call for an initial interview. About two weeks later I was told to go to the city and have in person interview. Here the interview process was 3 parts. One technical, one behavioral and another you meet with the manager of the program. In late december I was asked to fill some paperwork and In january i did an online personality test. I received my offer a few days later.

Interview Question – a lot of basic programming questions that you learn freshman year and forget as time goes by.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – no negotiation

Engineering Aide Interview

Engineering Aide
New York, NY

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Con Edison of New York in October 2012.

Interview Details – The hiring process went as expected there were no surprises. The questions were mostly about explaining how I work with others, telling them about a time when I solved a problem and the results of it. what are my goals? What would I do if I had a friend who stole an item from the company how would I handle that situation? These were basic questions that should be practiced before hand. If you practice you will land the job.

Interview Question – No, all the questions were straight forward   Answer Question

Engineering Aide Interview

Engineering Aide

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Con Edison of New York.

Interview Details – Got a email and scheduled for a interview. It was a good experience. The interviewer is extremely nice. We had the interview for about an hour. There were a lot of basic questions. Also be prepared for the questions about Con Edison.

Interview Question – If you tell your friends about Con Edison, what will you say about it.   Answer Question

Management Associate Interview

Management Associate

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Con Edison of New York in October 2012.

Interview Details – On campus recruitment. 1st interview was on campus and mainly behavioral questions (Lots of what if this happens, how would you react in this situation?) 2nd Interview was at headquarters with past GOLD associates that are currently senior managers. There were a few technical questions that relates to your major and case studies.

After you passed the 2nd interview, they will send you an email with links to take behavioral tests.

Interview Question – If your manager promotes you to a higher position (manager) and your co-workers do not think you're qualify because they have more experience than you, how would you respond to this situation?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I did not negotiate.

New York, NY

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Con Edison of New York in January 2013.

Interview Details – Behavioral interview over the phone that was about 30 minutes. Actual interview at the New York office. Most of the interview was technical, with a lot of emphasis on project planning. The in office interview consisted of two interviewers that alternated asking questions. One would ask the question the other take notes.

Interview Question – If you were asked to get the average number of customers in a bank over the course of the week how would you do it? You cannot talk to any of the customers, you only have 30 minutes at the bank to figure out the average.   View Answer

GOLD Associate

I applied through college or university and the process took 5 months - interviewed at Con Edison of New York.

Interview Details – The process is very long. The first round interview includes a lot of basic questions about your background and past experiences. The second round, however, is completely behavioral-based questions. There are barely introductions - straight to the questions, rapid fire style. After the interview, you have to write two essay questions. Once you pass this part of the process, you will receive a link to complete two different online personality tests.

Interview Question – Con Edison is very big on "celebrating success", so think of ways you do this in your personal/academic life. There are a lot of behavioral based questions, and they keep asking you follow up questions. They want to see how you handle pressure.   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Intern Interview

Intern
New York, NY

I applied online - interviewed at Con Edison of New York in May 2009.

Interview Details – I applied online on their site for an intern position in the Accounts Department. I got a call in about 3 weeks after applying online, and was scheduled for an interview. I thought I would be interviewed by someone from the HR, but was directly interviewed by the Head of the Accounts Department. The manager was really good, asked general questions, like why would I like to work for ConEd, what do I know about the company. Nothing difficult.

Interview Question – There was nothing difficult per say, but I would say they wanted to see you as a team player. So they did ask me example or two where I did show leadership qualities and also worked as a team player.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I was an intern, so I didn't negotiate or anything, but they pay was pretty good, for someone as a Freshman.

Network Specialist Interview

Network Specialist
New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Con Edison of New York in October 2010.

Interview Details – I got the interview through a recruiting firm. I ended up meeting with a couple of managers that was not that technical but they did explain what they needed. I beleive their trust was in the recruiting firm that gave me the technical interview. SInce the trust was placed within the recruiting firm I believe it was more based on personal character. They were looking for a person that could communicate with them and get things done with little input from them.

Interview Question – The questions pertain how I would deal with working with others and management mostly and less about daily duties.   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Con Edison of New York