Con Edison of New York Interview Questions

Updated Aug 22, 2015

2.9

Talent Advisor (Recruiter) Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Con Edison of New York (New York, NY) in January 2015.

Interview

Was interviewed by three people at the same time. They write everything down but explained that they would be doing that. Mostly situational questions. Behavioral interview questions. It seemed to go well but I never heard back from them one way or the other. That was disappointing. I thought they would have at least let me know, especially since they met me in person and we talked about how organizations are trying to enhance the candidate experience. Well clearly they aren't there yet.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time when you made a difficult professional or personal decision and the outcome.   Answer Question

GOLD Program Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Con Edison of New York (New York, NY).

Interview

I found out about the position through my school career website. Met two past Gold program members at a networking session then at a career fair. Received a campus interview within 2 weeks. Fortunately, I was interviewed by one of the past Gold program members that I had previously met. Within a week, I was invited for a 2nd round interview at the main office. Was told that I would know about the results within a month.

Interview Questions

• Technical questions regarding AISC and ACI manuals, surveying, soil mechanics   Answer Question
    • What do you know about Con Edison?   Answer Question

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at Con Edison of New York.

Interview

The atmosphere was extremely positive! Talking to the employees makes you feel as though you have already been hired!! I was very comfortable. After submitting an online application for the position I waited about a month or so and was contacted via telephone by recruitment to schedule an examination. If you fail you can retake it in approx. 6 months. After passing I was contacted again in about two weeks to schedule an interview. There were 3 people interviewing me: HR, Manager, and Supervisor. All were very nice and friendly and mixed in age. The questions asked were very straightforward. Focus was on my past experiences and how they related to the position (direct questions) and the questions were mostly behavioral (i.e. how would you behave if you had to work with someone you didn't get along with).

Interview Questions

• how would you react if a person from another department criticized your work?   1 Answer

GOLD Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Con Edison of New York in November 2014.

Interview

First I had an on campus interview with one of the graduates of the gold program from my school. The interview was very basic and not very difficult. A week later I was told I had an interview in Manhattan at their corporate headquarters. I arrived and was escorted upstairs where I was interviewed by two people who asked me questions about my engineering background and wanted to know about my past experiences. They also asked various situational based questions. Two weeks after the interview I received a email for the personality exam and one month after taking the exam I was told I had been selected.

Interview Questions

• None, pretty straight forward.   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation, most entry level jobs don't let you negotiate, take it or leave it.

Management Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Con Edison of New York (New York, NY) in November 2014.

Interview

I applied for the position on their website and got a call for an interview in less than two weeks. I interned with Con edison over the summer so they pushed me forward to the second part of the interview. The interview was at their headquarters on irving place. I was escorted to a room where two very friendly women, who were graduates from the management associate program, took turns asking questions. They started off with technical questions and then went into behavioral questions. This took about an hour. After they were done i was given two essay questions to answer in 250-350 words. They said they will let me know in 30-40 days.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time that you failed.   Answer Question
    • You are working in the customer service department and a customer calls to say they paid there bill but your system shows no record of it being paid. How do you handle this? The customer is very annoyed.   Answer Question

GOLD Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Con Edison of New York.

Interview

General behavioural questions, which was the first interview, just be calm and confidence. The interviewers are graduates of the program, Its quite interactive and friendly. I am still waiting on the second interview which I was told its will be technical questions based on what I have in my resuming.

GOLD Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Con Edison of New York.

Interview

I applied online for the rotational gold program. In few days received an email for scheduling an interview. Interview was quite basic. Interviewer asked about my interest in the position and why i will be the suitable choice. Asked about the projects i worked on, difficult situation, where do you expect yourself in 5 years . Duration of the interview was 50 min. You will get the further response in a week.

Management Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Con Edison of New York.

Interview

Two interview process: both interviews have standard behavioral questions but the first also has questions on what you know about the company while the second tests your technical knowledge. Nothing too detailed, just know what commodities they provide and how they make their money. As for technical, it depends on your background, as an engineer you may expect some engineering questions

Interview Questions

• Discuss a time you worked on a team; a time you made a mistake; what are your weakness/strengths; when were you a leader   Answer Question

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Con Edison of New York.

Interview

Questions about Excel If you are a manager at Home Depot, and you are ordering goods for sale...how much to sell for, what if you you order too many, too few? How would you, as a manager determine, Quantity...

Interview Questions

• Something along the lines: "you have made a friend at CONED and he decides to: 1) Steal a laptop 2) Tell you about it What would you do?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I was asked to send an Official Transcript to determine Pay Rate, was checked for drugs...and that was pretty much it.

Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Con Edison of New York (New York, NY) in June 2014.

Interview

The entire process was very smooth and methodical. I applied online on a Monday and I was sent an email that Friday requesting an interview for that coming Monday - I accepted the interview time that they requested. I then interviewed with 2 people who asked a series of behavioral, technical, and personality questions. The interview began with them reading through my resume and then they began to ask the questions that were prepared prior to my arrival. The questions were pretty straight forward (how would you handle this situation type questions) and it seemed as if they were looking more for leadership and technical skills. I received my offer from Con Ed a little over a week after I interviewed- so the process took a little over 2 weeks from the date that I applied.

Interview Questions

• The technical questions were specific to the position - there were no curve balls there, you should be able to answer questions related to the job. Be prepared to provide stories about your leadership.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was no negotiation, they presented the offer with the salary and benefits and I accepted.