Con Edison of New York

Updated Dec 13, 2014
Updated Dec 13, 2014

Junior Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 8+ monthsinterviewed at Con Edison of New York in October 2013.

Exam, interview, medical examination. The exam is based on some electrical concepts and basic math. In addition, there are drafting questions such as elevation contours, coordinates and so on.

Interview Questions
    • What would you do if you have to submit a project and you need more time?   View Answer
    Just took it

GOLD Associate Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 5+ monthsinterviewed at Con Edison of New York.

The process is very long. The first round interview includes a lot of basic questions about your background and past experiences. The second round, however, is completely behavioral-based questions. There are barely introductions - straight to the questions, rapid fire style. After the interview, you have to write two essay questions. Once you pass this part of the process, you will receive a link to complete two different online personality tests.

Interview Questions
    • Con Edison is very big on "celebrating success", so think of ways you do this in your personal/academic life. There are a lot of behavioral based questions, and they keep asking you follow up questions. They want to see how you handle pressure.   Answer Question

Electrical Tech Interview

Applied Online, got called in to take test. Three part exam: Driving Manuel, Electrical Theory, and Aptitude. Failed Electrical theory so couldn't take last part. It is AC/DC circuits, Microelectronics, Logic Gates, Resistance, Impedance.

Interview Questions
    • Three Part Exam. Study everything you have learned. It would be a question from each of what you have learned.   Answer Question

GOLD Associate Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 6+ monthsinterviewed at Con Edison of New York.

Took first interview, was verbally told would get second interview and was never reached out to. Returned no emails.

Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Con Edison of New York in May 2013.

the process took about 4 weeks.
    i had 3 interviews, phone interview, panel interview, and the last interview was with the assistant controller. also, know your resume inside and out, because they asked me about everything detailed.

Interview Questions
    • just beware that the second interview/panel interview is them asking you for instances you show leadership skills, you showed initiative, good teamwork, etc.   View Answer
    no negotiation, they offer me the amount i asked for.

Engineering Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brooklyn, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brooklyn, NY

I applied online – interviewed at Con Edison of New York.

Apply on the website. Wait for interview email or call. Go to interview with maybe to-be-supervisor.

Interview Questions
    • Do you know how much power Con Ed sends to your home? If you were hired, and you become a friend with one of the other interns, he/she tells you he/she is going to take a laptop home, what would you do - tell supervisor or not?   Answer Question
    No negotiation. Amount based on your experience and level in college.

Specialist Interview

I applied online. The process took 5+ monthsinterviewed at Con Edison of New York in March 2013.

First of all, was given the wrong address but was able to figure out where to go. A security guard at the gate was unaware of me having an interview and refused to let me in or call. A manager who was supposed to interview me could not be reached by phone. I waited outside for an hour to get a call back and to be escorted to the office. The interview itself was pretty much a standard one with general questions. In my opinion it went quite well especially because of my background/experience in management working for an energy company. I tried to follow up a few times and last time I spoke with a section manager she got annoyed of me calling back. Needless to say I never heard from them. One year after that I checked ConEd website and found the same job posted there. A few other jobs I found there in 2013 were posted again in 2014 so I am not sure if they rehire annually or those are "fake" jobs. Personally, this was a very bad experience for me.

GOLD Associate Interview

The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Con Edison of New York.

Multiple interviews with former GOLD associates and current employees. 99% of the questions were read from pre-made sheets. Of those questions about 90% involved behavioral based questions. They are more concerned with your people and customer service skills than anything else it seems.

Questions ranged from:
    What do you know about Con Edison?
    Where do you see yourself in 5 years?
    Why this company?
    Tell me about a difficult situation?
    What would you do if your boss resigned and you got his position?

Also be able to speak about your resume and leadership skills.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a project your worked on, and what was your role. How would you deal with a peer/coworker who wouldn't pull their weight.   Answer Question
    No negotiation.

GOLD Associate Interview

I sent in an application and was selected for an interview.
    Questions were pretty standard; basic questions about the resume, knowledge about the company; strengths and weaknesses. They wrote down the answers they had on a sheet of paper. They asked whether I knew MS Office, so you might want to put that down especially.

Interview Questions
    • They asked about the least favorable aspect of working at ConEd.   View Answer

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Con Edison of New York in February 2013.

Phone call to screen applicant qualifications and then an in person interview.